World Juniors -- Anybody? Bueller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
    Canada ties it back up when a broken play leads to a tap in.

1-1
    Back to 2-2. Second period has been much better. Canada absolutely dominating and hitting two posts. CZech literally get possession and first rush of the period and they score on it. Canada goalie gotta be frustrated giving up 2 goals on 5 shots.

Took the life right back out of the building.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

• Re: World Juniors -- Anybody? Bueller?

4-2 pour le noir,rouge et blanc
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Now 4-3, we got ourselves a game here!

Comment

...and Canada gets it back.

Comment

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
            also.. this kind of effort wont fly against Russia nxt time around ..if we fortunate enough to make it.
            They're kids. This was the first real pressure (win or go home) game. Always the toughest. And the Swiss were playing with house money. All the pressure was on the US. Look for them to be more relaxed and better Wednesday.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
              They're kids. This was the first real pressure (win or go home) game. Always the toughest. And the Swiss were playing with house money. All the pressure was on the US. Look for them to be more relaxed and better Wednesday.
              ..I sure hope so. Would be great to get back to the Finals gm again.
              GO NU HOCKEY
              Always bullish on the future.
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                Canada controls the period but Czech capitalizes on puck hitting off ref and going right to Czech player for easy tap in goal.

Shots are 12-4 Canada. Very blah period for most part. Canada showed some spunk and life after Czech goal. Cirelli hit everything on the very next shift trying to ignite some fire.

Disappointed in crowd. Bell Center is maybe half full at best for this game.
                Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                Bring it back to Grand Forks and the Ralph.
                Playing at the Ralph would ensure more Canadians both in the stands and on the ice.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Thinking about heading back up on Thursday for the final is the US makes it. Can't swing the semifinal due to work.
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                    Thinking about heading back up on Thursday for the final is the US makes it. Can't swing the semifinal due to work.
                    The outdoor game in Buffalo will be a pre tournament game if both USA and Canada have the same result tomorrow.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      The outdoor game in Buffalo will be a pre tournament game if both USA and Canada have the same result tomorrow.
                      I wouldn't be surprised if there was a preliminary agreement to force US and Canada into the same group regardless of how the standings went. And what would have happened if Canada was relegated... (as was mentioned a few years ago when Finland wasn't all that strong, they were not able to be relegated for the next year because they were the hosts)

Comment

As BU is missing 7 players for Thursday's Union game, I hope they're playing for the gold medal Thursday night. Then it won't be as difficult for me that they're not there. Make it worth something!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          As BU is missing 7 players for Thursday's Union game, I hope they're playing for the gold medal Thursday night. Then it won't be as difficult for me that they're not there. Make it worth something!!!
                          Off-topic, honest question: With 7 players talented enough to make the USA World Juniors, why isn't BU the country's top D1 team?
                          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                            Off-topic, honest question: With 7 players talented enough to make the USA World Juniors, why isn't BU the country's top D1 team?
                            overage Canadians.
                            XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                            Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

David Quinn, the coach, not recruiter

Comment

does anyone hang banners on Jan 3rd? (anyone outside of uhn, mookie should ask)
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X