No announcement yet.

World Juniors -- Anybody? Bueller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: World Juniors -- Anybody? Bueller?

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Well that won't be the case with Canada as they are definitely playing in Montreal no matter what.
    Probably because two years ago, they played in Toronto, yes?

Of course next year will be just as screwy, unless they have a big enough space in the Harborcenter so they don't have to use Dwyer Rink up in Niagara Falls for the relegation... and I'm assuming the Ice Bowl will only be one game...

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      Has it ever been used outside the original TV show? Maybe I guess. I just wouldn't think anyone under 40 (so at least half the posters here?) would have ever heard it.
      I've heard it outside of TV. Of course, it was a baby boomer who said it...

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Probably because two years ago, they played in Toronto, yes?

Of course next year will be just as screwy, unless they have a big enough space in the Harborcenter so they don't have to use Dwyer Rink up in Niagara Falls for the relegation... and I'm assuming the Ice Bowl will only be one game...
        I believe it was just a way to try and promote ticket sales at both sites. Canada is guaranteed to play in Montreal for entire knockout stage and they wanted to make sure they could sell decent amounts of ticket packages there. It says right on the website that Canada, if in the knockout stage will be playing the 8pm game in Montreal. It'd really make a great day to see the US as well, but regardless, all eight teams that make the knockout stage should put on a good show. Love this tournament more and more every year.

To think Finland could go from winning the gold to the relegation round in one year is astounding. That and Canada getting knocked out in the quarterfinals as well last year. This tournament has really upped the ante in parity lately. It's great for the tournament and the game.
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

2010 gold medal game being replayed on NHL Network right now.

One of my favorite USA games of all time - maybe only behind the 1980 team and the World Cup in 1996.

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
            I believe it was just a way to try and promote ticket sales at both sites. Canada is guaranteed to play in Montreal for entire knockout stage and they wanted to make sure they could sell decent amounts of ticket packages there. It says right on the website that Canada, if in the knockout stage will be playing the 8pm game in Montreal. It'd really make a great day to see the US as well, but regardless, all eight teams that make the knockout stage should put on a good show. Love this tournament more and more every year.

To think Finland could go from winning the gold to the relegation round in one year is astounding. That and Canada getting knocked out in the quarterfinals as well last year. This tournament has really upped the ante in parity lately. It's great for the tournament and the game.
            Sweden in the early game for you, Prez
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              Sweden in the early game for you, Prez
              100 percent Sweden? Source?
              GO LAKERS!!!
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

@markhmasters: #WorldJuniors quarterfinal Monday shaping up as ...

1 pm 🇷🇺/🇸🇰 winner in TOR
                3:30 pm 🇸🇪 in MTL
                5:30 pm 🇺🇸 in TOR
                8 pm 🇨🇦 in MTL

Comment

Gord Miller on TSN yesterday.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    Gord Miller on TSN yesterday.
                    Thanks. rats...ahh well. Had to make the gamble. And Montreal on Monday was only option to get to games with work. Still pretty excited to see Canada in Montreal in a QF. Place should be electric.
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

Is there a free stream of the US - CAN game?

Comment

Thanks. rats...ahh well. Had to make the gamble. And Montreal on Monday was only option to get to games with work. Still pretty excited to see Canada in Montreal in a QF. Place should be electric.
                        Nah, I suspect the place will be a morgue. Probably similar to Brown playing in Meehan.

Gotta say I'm jealous, you'll get to see a couple great games for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by bothman View Post
                          Is there a free stream of the US - CAN game?
                          onhockey.tv
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Score updates here or in the other forum? I'm at Dartmouth watching Colgate and Army
                            BS UMass Lowell 2015
                            PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

2-0 USA

Canada's goaltending at it again

Comment

2-0 USA
                                Colin White PP
                                Jordan Greenway

Comment

Working...
                                X