Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Juniors -- Anybody? Bueller?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • World Juniors -- Anybody? Bueller?

    I'm shocked there's no thread on this. Is it filled with nothing but major junior this year or something?

  • #2
    Re: World Juniors -- Anybody? Bueller?

    Here's a prelim roster. http://teamusa.usahockey.com/page/sh...?referrer_id=#

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: World Juniors -- Anybody? Bueller?

      Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Is it filled with nothing but major junior this year or something?
      Filled with Terriers.
      It Happened!!!!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: World Juniors -- Anybody? Bueller?

        Meh... it's a down year for NoDak, only two UND players going this year.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: World Juniors -- Anybody? Bueller?

          Junior related, but not World Juniors

          http://www.usphl.com/news_article/sh...rer_id=2914506

          USA Hockey told them last week "no, you can't form a Tier II Junior league". Looks like the USPHL told Colorado Springs what they thought of that.
          Last edited by joecct; 12-14-2016, 11:47 PM.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

          ”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

          Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

          I want to live forever. So far, so good.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: World Juniors -- Anybody? Bueller?

            Originally posted by joecct View Post
            Junior related, but not World Juniors

            http://www.usphl.com/news_article/sh...rer_id=2914506

            USA Hockey told them last week "no, you can't form a Tier II Junior league". Looks like the USPHL told Colorado Springs what they thought of that.
            I take it the "tuition-free" angle is supposed to scare the big Eastern prep schools?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              I take it the "tuition-free" angle is supposed to scare the big Eastern prep schools?
              I don't think that's it. Though the 9,000 junior teams on the East Coast have put a big dent on secondary school hockey. It's also made scouting/recruiting a nightmare for coaches.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

              ”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

              Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

              I want to live forever. So far, so good.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: World Juniors -- Anybody? Bueller?

                I see where UND's Brock Boeser just had "minor" wrist surgery, but it will prevent him from playing until sometime in January.
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: World Juniors -- Anybody? Bueller?

                  Been a while since college kids made canadas team. Much tougher now for NCAA to land blue chip Canadian recruits, especially from Ontario.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: World Juniors -- Anybody? Bueller?

                    Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    I take it the "tuition-free" angle is supposed to scare the big Eastern prep schools?
                    No. USHL and NAHL don't require players to pay fees to play on their team(NAHL charges a small amount for room and board). Every other junior league in the US does. This would be the first league based on the east coast to not charge fees(though it will end up being youth teams below them that end up paying higher fees).
                    Originally posted by dicaslover
                    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

                    Originally posted by Kristin
                    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

                    Western College Hockey Blog

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: World Juniors -- Anybody? Bueller?

                      Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                      No. USHL and NAHL don't require players to pay fees to play on their team(NAHL charges a small amount for room and board). Every other junior league in the US does. This would be the first league based on the east coast to not charge fees(though it will end up being youth teams below them that end up paying higher fees).
                      I see. Thanks.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: World Juniors -- Anybody? Bueller?

                        Originally posted by alnike View Post
                        Been a while since college kids made canadas team. Much tougher now for NCAA to land blue chip Canadian recruits, especially from Ontario.
                        I thought it was because the moniker of "tArrogance" should be moved... I seem to recall when both the US and Canada tried to severely limit players to their respective "farms", it didn't work out too well for either.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: World Juniors -- Anybody? Bueller?

                          From my own name recognition, Canada doesn't look all that impressive.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: World Juniors -- Anybody? Bueller?

                            Originally posted by j.d. View Post
                            from my own name recognition, canada doesn't look all that impressive.
                            Finland

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: World Juniors -- Anybody? Bueller?

                              Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              I'm shocked there's no thread on this. Is it filled with nothing but major junior this year or something?
                              22 with NCAA college ties.
                              Finland, Sweden, and Canada (Jost and Fabbro on final roster), and ?Latvia all have NCAA affiliations on team.
                              GO DU !!!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X