Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2016-17 Vol II -- We Do Have a Hockey Season Here!?!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After the Whistle
    replied
    Re: UNH Wildcats 2016-17 Vol II -- We Do Have a Hockey Season Here!?!

Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
    I honestly think Umile will leave at the end of this season on his own terms....
    I tend to agree. 600 is a stretch and he could just say, "hey time to pass the.....fill in the blank.
    On another page, we all comment that he is/was the highest paid state employee. Do you think his 240,000 +/- would attract a name coach? What do other top schools pay? Would we have trusted an up and coming. I'm not sure. Hopefully the 3rd slot will come from outside the family, we need another perspective, and hopefully they have a better handle on coaching the D.

Leave a comment:

• Lemonade
    replied

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    I've always tended to agree with this ... even if the latter highlighted bit is the price we as fans have to pay.

But if it's about getting to the next round number - which it is - and there's no realistic shot at it ... awkward ...
    I honestly think Umile will leave at the end of this season on his own terms....

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Murray
    replied

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
    As for Umile, people who think he's going to be bought out are dreaming. He has a deal with UNH and both sides will live up to it, fans or the program be ****ed.
    I've always tended to agree with this ... even if the latter highlighted bit is the price we as fans have to pay.

But if it's about getting to the next round number - which it is - and there's no realistic shot at it ... awkward ...

Leave a comment:

• HockeyRef
    replied

We interrupt this thread to bring you a very important message....PATRIOTS BABY!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Greg Ambrose
    replied
    Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    There's only one year left on his deal. Not to mention, I'm guessing Souza will get paid much less to start.

IF there was ever going to be a time they could buy Umile out, it would be during this offseason.

For the record ... I don't want this to happen. But if this is another 11 or 12 win season ...
    I'm not sure what people were expecting over the last six weeks of the season. This is a team that lost to Bentley, Arizona State and CC. Could anyone really expect that they were going to beat teams like BC, Lowell and Providence, never mind UVM and BU to come. Weak goalie, porous defense, forwards with limited ability. Hard combo to overcome.

As for Umile, people who think he's going to be bought out are dreaming. He has a deal with UNH and both sides will live up to it, fans or the program be ****ed. Well maybe if they get another unrestricted donation from a research librarian who had an epiphany for beleaguered hockey coaches late in life maybe then there could be a buyout.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X