Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2016-17 Vol II -- We Do Have a Hockey Season Here!?!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2016-17 Vol II -- We Do Have a Hockey Season Here!?!

Originally posted by Darius View Post
    ... is the rink. Love the old school barns.
    Personally, I find it's the low ceilings at places like Merrimack, Schneider (a/k/a The Coffin) and even the old Walter Brown Arena at BU that makes me enjoy them less than (say) Mathews, Gutterson, old Snively, etc. Almost claustrophobic that way. Merrimack has done a nice job upgrading within the existing footprint, but I've often wondered why they didn't just start from scratch? I mean, you wanna play D-1 with the big boys of Hockey East ... why not just jump in with both feet, instead of continuing with a facility that doesn't reflect a D-1 commitment?
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
      Amazing post by Dan over at the NU board thanks for writing about the case for TyK; do get over there and read it!

Regardless of how/where UNH ends up this season his career puts him as one of the UNH greats. No one is going to tell me any different. Again, thanks for writing that Dan....He is one special player and I wonder who will be the playmaker next season.
      Man what a great post by Dan. Eye opening for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
        Elm Square Oysters, Palmers, Grassfields all very good in Andover.

Maybe the best part of our 'rink' is the lack of ice surface malfunctions.
        IIRC from some older posts, our glass is really excellent too!
        Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

HR's predictions for the weekend:

Friday UNH 3. MC 2
          Sat. MC 4. UNH 2
          Sun. UNH 3. MC 2

Go 'Cats!!!
          I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
            why not just jump in with both feet, instead of continuing with a facility that doesn't reflect a D-1 commitment?
            You obviously aren't that familiar with our facilities. Weightroom, locker rooms, athletic training facility are all TOP notch. Some of the best in the country. Andover is a small community, we don't need more seating capacity. And as a smaller school that can't recruit against most HEA schools, the rink itself benefits our playing style, giving us the best chance of success. Not to mention that the school is also investing millions of dollars ($54 million, roughly) on new dorms, classrooms, and upgrades to other sports facilities to turn the whole department into a D1 institution.

Comment

ps next time you are in Dham be sure to try out Bella's which is right behind Libby's. Good food and the 'tenders there (as in bar) make a mean Absolut and cran. Just sayin
              So you're saying they've mastered putting ice, vodka, and cranberry juice in a glass? Surprising that one of the big NYC outfits has scooped them up with ability like that, you don't find that skillset just walking in off the street every day.
              I went home with a waitress the way I always do
              How was I to know she was with the russians, too?

Comment

• Originally posted by E.J. Smith View Post
                So you're saying they've mastered putting ice, vodka, and cranberry juice in a glass? Surprising that one of the big NYC outfits has scooped them up with ability like that, you don't find that skillset just walking in off the street every day.
                Yep pretty much. Amazing isn't it?!? 🙄

Comment

Originally posted by MC Alumni View Post
                  You obviously aren't that familiar with our facilities. Weightroom, locker rooms, athletic training facility are all TOP notch. Some of the best in the country. Andover is a small community, we don't need more seating capacity. And as a smaller school that can't recruit against most HEA schools, the rink itself benefits our playing style, giving us the best chance of success. Not to mention that the school is also investing millions of dollars ($54 million, roughly) on new dorms, classrooms, and upgrades to other sports facilities to turn the whole department into a D1 institution.
                  I will take a smaller rink with 90% average attendance vs. a larger one with 66% any day.

Comment

I will take a smaller rink with 90% average attendance vs. a larger one with 66% any day.
                    Game ON! Let the nastiness begin!

Comment

So you're saying it's not the size it's what you do with it?

Comment

Article might be of interest to UNH fans before heading to game tonight:

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2017...ast-tournament
                        https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                        Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Yep pretty much. Amazing isn't it?!? ��
                          I hope you've let Facebook know. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you have.

Comment

• Originally posted by E.J. Smith View Post
                            I hope you've let Facebook know. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you have.
                            My are we being snarky today....

Comment

About 100 tickets left for tonight. 200 or so still available for tomorrow. Looking forward to a good atmosphere. I think it'll go all 3 games.

Visitors to Andover, I recommend "Casa Blanca" (downtown) and "The Loft" in North Andover if you're looking for legit food, not chain restaurants. Both have good bars too. And of course Culpeppers for a good dive.

Comment

Wow. I wasn't expecting much to begin with, but UNH has fallen short of my modest expectations regardless.

Thankfully, we've got that lengthy tradition of 3rd period comebacks in postseason play to draw upon ...
                                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                                Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Working...
                                X