Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2016-17 Vol II -- We Do Have a Hockey Season Here!?!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2016-17 Vol II -- We Do Have a Hockey Season Here!?!

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    Do you not believe that four games in 8 days, all on the road (Hanover, Troy and Durham), and then playing on an Olympic ice sheet would affect a team? Especially when they're playing a team that's only on their second in 8?
    That was a 6 day road trip for Lowell going from the Dartmouth tournament to RPI for their Tuesday night game. I would imagine they didn't get back to Lowell until early Wednesday morning.

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
      Oh you know, they had "tired legs" and their schedule has been daunting!
      Won the game. 6th hardest schedule in the country. You're out of cupcakes bud.
      BS UMass Lowell 2015
      PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
        That was a 6 day road trip for Lowell going from the Dartmouth tournament to RPI for their Tuesday night game. I would imagine they didn't get back to Lowell until early Wednesday morning.
        Ok bottom line UNH could not/ did not take advantage of this as we could not get out of the gate/certain players had a so-so night (imho). Of course if the 'Cats HAD managed to squeak it out what would've been the UML excuse? Whatever. UML gets props for taking care of business but UNH had some good stuff hopefully going forward. And we have one more "cupcake" left in the shelf and the team gets an extra day off so let's see what the 'Cats do with it. Agree with Chuck it's a must win.

Personally I was glad to see we held our own but still know who had the upper hand. Now trying to decide if I'm heading to Brown or not..
        Last edited by HockeyRef; 01-07-2017, 05:21 PM.
        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
          Ok bottom line UNH could not/ did not take advantage of this as we could not get out of the gate/certain players had lousy night (imho). Of course if the 'Cats HAD managed to squeak it out what would've been the UML excuse? Whatever. UML gets props for taking care of business but UNH had some good stuff hopefully going forward. And we have one more "cupcake" left in the shelf and the team gets an extra day off so let's see what the 'Cats do with it. Agree with Chuck it's a must win.

Personally I was glad to see we held our own but still know who had the upper hand. No one will care anyway deep into March when one team is still playing and one is not. Sigh....
          Not trying to take anything away from UNH. Thought they played really hard, and was worried they'd wind up winning the game. Definitely controlled the second, and was happily surprised to see Lowell match up a bit better in the third.

FWIW, if Lowell had lost, I'd have said the same thing. 4 in 8 isn't easy (with travel), no matter which team it is.
          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

I'd say unh was better than I thought
            BS UMass Lowell 2015
            PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
              Not trying to take anything away from UNH. Thought they played really hard, and was worried they'd wind up winning the game. Definitely controlled the second, and was happily surprised to see Lowell match up a bit better in the third.

FWIW, if Lowell had lost, I'd have said the same thing. 4 in 8 isn't easy (with travel), no matter which team it is.
              I hear that...guess am just lamenting we had our chances...good luck the rest of the way.
              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                I'd say unh was better than I thought
                Lowell better do a better job with that freshmen line in the rematch.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                  Do you not believe that four games in 8 days, all on the road (Hanover, Troy and Durham), and then playing on an Olympic ice sheet would affect a team? Especially when they're playing a team that's only on their second in 8?
                  Any preference on what kind of cheese you might like? haha
                  UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                    UML lucky to get outta Dodge with a W! The excuses for UML's poor performance are laughable!

Yeah, you're an idiot.

Fourth road game in eight days on a big sheet against a rested team. That's not an excuse, it's the fact of the situation. Lowell came out and ran UNH's show for the first 8-10 minutes and got the only two goals they'd need. Wall bailed them out of a sluggish second and they picked it back up in third.

Don't worry, you'll get your chance to the Tsongas Center in February and show Lowell just how lucky they were last night.
                    Lowell Forever
                    Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post

And can a UNH fan explain why the two HE banners have UNH claiming a tournament title in 1979 and a regular season title in 1974 when the league didn't start play until 1984?
                      As Lowell fans we have zero right to question other teams banners, given our own debacle in the rafters
                      Lowell Forever
                      Forever Lowell

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                        Lowell better do a better job with that freshmen line in the rematch.
                        Best line of the night by far...(speaking for UNH that is...)
                        Last edited by HockeyRef; 01-07-2017, 05:19 PM.
                        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                          Any preference on what kind of cheese you might like? haha
                          Let it go. UML earned the win, fair and square.
                          UNH

Comment

Hockey East announced the teams for the 2017 & 2018 Friendship Four tournament yesterday. I thought the Wildcats would be involved. Did UNH have any interest in participating?

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                              Fourth road game in eight days on a big sheet against a rested team. That's not an excuse, it's the fact of the situation. Lowell came out and ran UNH's show for the first 8-10 minutes and got the only two goals they'd need. Wall bailed them out of a sluggish second and they picked it back up in third.

Don't worry, you'll get your chance to the Tsongas Center in February and show Lowell just how lucky they were last night.
                              As you may be aware from checking the UNH threads from time to time ... some folks on here strongly believe that if UNH has more SOG's than their opponent, yet manages to lose the game anyway, then UNH has been unlucky, and their victorious opponents were just plain lucky to "get outta Dodge with the W" (or so to speak).

IIRC when Lowell heavily outshot UNH at Tsongas last year but lost, "luck" wasn't cited by those folks.

Make of that what you will. Personally, I've always been in the "give me the lead and you can have the SOG's, and I'll take my chances" camp. I thought Lowell played the perfect road game last night under the circumstances.

And while we'll never be able to prove it (either way) ... if UNH had managed to equalize at some point, I suspect Lowell would have just dug deeper to find a winner.

Winning teams usually find a way to win against mediocre teams. That's what makes them winners.

Mediocre teams usually find a way not to win close games against better teams. That's what makes them mediocre.

Obviously there are exceptions both ways, and that's why those are called "upsets".

UML has become a consistently winning program in recent years. UNH has become a mediocre program.

Not that complicated.
                              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                                Hockey East announced the teams for the 2017 & 2018 Friendship Four tournament yesterday. I thought the Wildcats would be involved. Did UNH have any interest in participating?
                                Ask Coach Umile. If it helps him get to the next round number easier, we're in. If not, no chance in he11.
                                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                                Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Working...
                                X