Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2016-17 Vol II -- We Do Have a Hockey Season Here!?!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2016-17 Vol II -- We Do Have a Hockey Season Here!?!

UNH 2 NICC 2

Good result - not necessarily for The Quest - but the tie and the point that comes with it ...

* keeps UNH a point ahead of the Fightin' Frauds in the HE standings
    * pulls UNH into a tie with Coach Bazin's mighty Riverhawks for 4th place and real home ice
    * ensures UNH will not have a losing overall record as they enter crunch time in February

Game's #1 star is Dan Tirone with 46 saves in all. Sounds like BvR almost stole it right at the end of OT.
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Nice overall job for the 'Cats and thanks Chuck for the NIIC history lesson! Kudos to DT and the overall compete level. Will take the point!! (But can we do something about our face offs) 😉
      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Not sure how I missed this one, but our in-state SNHU Penmen Men's Hockey program apparently traveled to Arizona State Football U tonight for a fun game of pond hockey. After one (1) period ... ASFU 8 SNHU 0

http://scoreboard.uscho.com/game/2777/

I'll admit, I looked quickly and figured it was a final. Nope. 40 minutes left. Oh my ...

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
          Nice overall job for the 'Cats and thanks Chuck for the NIIC history lesson!
          I'm always ready and willing to write the history for those programs bereft of any. Fun to fill in the blanks.

Comment

Last fun fact for the evening ...

UNH and Providence (next weekend's foe) currently sport identical 11-8-4 records, with +14 goal differentials.

Of course, PC just beat Lowell on the road. UNH lost to (fill in the uneaten cupcakes) at home.

Comment

"Tirone Backstops UNH 2-2 Tie with #14 Notre Dame"
              Includes video highlights
              The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                GREAT goals tonight by Salvaggio and Grasso!!! Nice shove by the NIIC defender into the crease after Grasso's goal Who KNEW this kid would be so good? And big applause to the hard work Jason Salvaggio has put in this season. Not to mention DT's outing. Let's get 'em tonight 'Cats!!!!
                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                  GREAT goals tonight by Salvaggio and Grasso!!! Nice shove by the NIIC defender into the crease after Grasso's goal Who KNEW this kid would be so good? And big applause to the hard work Jason Salvaggio has put in this season. Not to mention DT's outing. Let's get 'em tonight 'Cats!!!!
                  Do you have a link for the live stream Ref?
                  UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                    Do you have a link for the live stream Ref?
                    http://watchnd.tv/#!/games/1990658?liveAudio=ljZmtzZDpLwBXjkzrfJTen16BfQ3t10p
                    Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

• Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                      http://watchnd.tv/#!/games/1990658?liveaudio=ljzmtzzdplwbxjkzrfjten16bfq3t10p
                      ty
                      UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                        ty
                        http://stream.nbcsports.com/notre-dame/?pid=29418
                        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• And credit to the much maligned defense, who blocked 20+ shots yesterday. They may be on pace for similar numbers tonight, including coverage of an empty net by Marks/Cleland and another knocked off the line by Marks..
                          Live Free or Die!!
                          Miami University '03

Comment

I do not know how it's not 3,4 zip with our puck handling tonight...but I do call BS on their Gilbert who likes to hit after the whistle....
                            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                              And credit to the much maligned defense, who blocked 20+ shots yesterday. They may be on pace for similar numbers tonight, including coverage of an empty net by Marks/Cleland and another knocked off the line by Marks..
                              We are lucky to have Cleland out there tonight as he took one of those off the foot and was questionable right up to game time. With Boyd and Maller out that would've been tough. Here's hoping we can mount some kind of offense (starting the third with some time left on a penalty).
                              Last edited by HockeyRef; 01-21-2017, 07:34 PM.
                              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Well not much of an outing for the 'Cats; Eiserman out with a knee injury? Where was Fregona all weekend?? I guess getting 1 point is better than none. Providence sweeping UML keeps things interesting in HE but NIIC jumps ahead of us. And of course we have lots of big teams left to play. Glad we don't have to play the gold domes again (well, unless somehow its in the HE tournament and I don't even want to consider that possibility!!) I see that there isn't a whole lot of convo as of late, wish the fans we did have on this board who were posting about games would re consider their boycotts and return....
                                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Working...
                                X