Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2016-17 Vol II -- We Do Have a Hockey Season Here!?!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yuppie Scum
    replied
    Re: UNH Wildcats 2016-17 Vol II -- We Do Have a Hockey Season Here!?!

Elm Square Oysters, Palmers, Grassfields all very good in Andover.

Maybe the best part of our 'rink' is the lack of ice surface malfunctions.

Leave a comment:

• riverchief1
    replied

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    I don't think that's a sit down option. But I'd recommend going to Fudd's to fuel up, then get dessert at Tripoli's.
    Sounds good. Meanwhile I'll be in Watertown filling hockey void by watching Sacred Heart, where my daughter goes, in the Atlantic Hockey tournament vs. Bentley this weekend. Might as well try to help boost Sacred Heart's worse-in-the-nation attendance ranking.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Murray
    replied

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
    Oh wait, forgot that another option in same plaza up from Merrimack that Fuddruckers is in is Tripoli Pizza. Not bad there too.
    I don't think that's a sit down option. But I'd recommend going to Fudd's to fuel up, then get dessert at Tripoli's.

Leave a comment:

• riverchief1
    replied

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
    Ooooh that hurts!!! Hey I'll take a crowded Libby's over the typical chains you guys have (although I do appreciate a good margarita at the 99) near your 'rink'. Besides the fact getting down to you guys is an easy trip, I'd say pretty much the best thing you have going for your "rink" is the Dunkin' Donuts built right in!!! I did take a look at what's in Andover Center...we NH ites don't like to get too far off the beaten path ya know so most likely, Bertucci's or the 99 for us! Thanks so much for looking out for us you are most kind....

ps next time you are in Dham be sure to try out Bella's which is right behind Libby's. Good food and the 'tenders there (as in bar) make a mean Absolut and cran. Just sayin
    Oh wait, forgot that another option in same plaza up from Merrimack that Fuddruckers is in is Tripoli Pizza. Not bad there too.

Made a trip to UNH this year and stopped in at Libby's for the first time. Fortunately it was break so far less crowded than I guess it is during the majority of the season. Wasn't a bad place, liked it.

Leave a comment:

• HockeyRef
    replied

Amazing post by Dan over at the NU board thanks for writing about the case for TyK; do get over there and read it!

Regardless of how/where UNH ends up this season his career puts him as one of the UNH greats. No one is going to tell me any different. Again, thanks for writing that Dan....He is one special player and I wonder who will be the playmaker next season.
    Last edited by HockeyRef; 03-02-2017, 06:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• HockeyRef
    replied

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
    You guys should really head down to Andover Center sometime. A hell of a lot better quality restaurants and closer to the rink than anything on campus in Durham.
    Ooooh that hurts!!! Hey I'll take a crowded Libby's over the typical chains you guys have (although I do appreciate a good margarita at the 99) near your 'rink'. Besides the fact getting down to you guys is an easy trip, I'd say pretty much the best thing you have going for your "rink" is the Dunkin' Donuts built right in!!! I did take a look at what's in Andover Center...we NH ites don't like to get too far off the beaten path ya know so most likely, Bertucci's or the 99 for us! Thanks so much for looking out for us you are most kind....

ps next time you are in Dham be sure to try out Bella's which is right behind Libby's. Good food and the 'tenders there (as in bar) make a mean Absolut and cran. Just sayin

Leave a comment:

• Yuppie Scum
    replied

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
    Go Wildcats (and eat plenty of Fuddrucker's as that's pretty much the only benefit of having to play at Merrimack).
    You guys should really head down to Andover Center sometime. A hell of a lot better quality restaurants and closer to the rink than anything on campus in Durham.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Murray
    replied

Originally posted by Felger View Post
    With Notre Dame leaving that opens up another couple spots for caloric intake...
    Great point. Just so he doesn't get accused of sandbagging to get Coach to the next round number, I propose that BS35+5 should work the 2017/2018 NC schedule alphabetically. Which would look like this for starters ...

* AIC (x2)
    * Air Force
    * Alabama Huntsville
    * Alaska
    * Alaska Anchorage
    * Army (x2)
    * ASFU
    * Bentley (x2)
    * Bowling Green
    * Brown (x2)

There you go ... 10 opponents, 14 games, at least 10 wins .. throw in UMaine, UMass, Merrimack, NU and UConn for at least another five, and that's 15 wins right there in The Quest. Right now, Coach still needs 17. Meaning:

(1) Must win games coming up at North Andover High School Rink this weekend; or
    (2) Coach might be SOL, needing two more in the MBPBEGAM round next season (or one this year and next)

It just goes to show that IF the next round number ever does arrive, it's going to be a REALLY close call ...

Leave a comment:

• C-H-C
    replied

"UNH Captain's Corner: Searching for a Playoff Turnaround"
    Interview with Captain Matias Cleland

Leave a comment:

• HockeyRef
    replied

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
    UNHWhoops is at 25 wins and counting!
    Would not surprise me if they go the farthest of the teams this season, along with gymnastics maybe? So are we pretty much counting out our 'Cats this weekend? Seems most people think there's a better chance there will be a 'coaching announcement' than us winning this series against 'Mack. Sigh.

Leave a comment:

• e.cat
    replied
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
    UNH hoops won their 20th tonight. Any guess the next time the hockey team does that?
    UNHWhoops is at 25 wins and counting!

Leave a comment:

• Felger
    replied

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    I'll reserve judgment on that until I see the schedule BS35+5 comes up with for next season.
    With Notre Dame leaving that opens up another couple spots for caloric intake...

Leave a comment:

• HockeyRef
    replied

Originally posted by Dan View Post
    Sorry, win or (more than likely) lose, id rather UNH did so against a team with a less boring style of play. Good luck this weekend...
    haha you might get your wish if we can beat Merrimack this weekend and play UML.... Go 'Cats!!

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Murray
    replied

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
    UNH hoops won their 20th tonight. Any guess the next time the hockey team does that?
    I'll reserve judgment on that until I see the schedule BS35+5 comes up with for next season.

Leave a comment:

• John J. MacInnes
    replied

Bump to get all the Asian spam off the front page.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X