Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2016-17 Vol II -- We Do Have a Hockey Season Here!?!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CollegeHockeyRinkReport
    replied
    Re: UNH Wildcats 2016-17 Vol II -- We Do Have a Hockey Season Here!?!

Article might be of interest to UNH fans before heading to game tonight:

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2017...ast-tournament

Leave a comment:

• E.J. Smith
    replied

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
    I will take a smaller rink with 90% average attendance vs. a larger one with 66% any day.
    So you're saying it's not the size it's what you do with it?

Leave a comment:

• chickod
    replied

I will take a smaller rink with 90% average attendance vs. a larger one with 66% any day.
    Game ON! Let the nastiness begin!

Leave a comment:

• Yuppie Scum
    replied

Originally posted by MC Alumni View Post
    You obviously aren't that familiar with our facilities. Weightroom, locker rooms, athletic training facility are all TOP notch. Some of the best in the country. Andover is a small community, we don't need more seating capacity. And as a smaller school that can't recruit against most HEA schools, the rink itself benefits our playing style, giving us the best chance of success. Not to mention that the school is also investing millions of dollars ($54 million, roughly) on new dorms, classrooms, and upgrades to other sports facilities to turn the whole department into a D1 institution.

Leave a comment:

• HockeyRef
    replied
    Originally posted by E.J. Smith View Post
    So you're saying they've mastered putting ice, vodka, and cranberry juice in a glass? Surprising that one of the big NYC outfits has scooped them up with ability like that, you don't find that skillset just walking in off the street every day.
    Yep pretty much. Amazing isn't it?!? 🙄

Leave a comment:

• E.J. Smith
    replied

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
    ps next time you are in Dham be sure to try out Bella's which is right behind Libby's. Good food and the 'tenders there (as in bar) make a mean Absolut and cran. Just sayin
    So you're saying they've mastered putting ice, vodka, and cranberry juice in a glass? Surprising that one of the big NYC outfits has scooped them up with ability like that, you don't find that skillset just walking in off the street every day.

Leave a comment:

• MC Alumni
    replied

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    why not just jump in with both feet, instead of continuing with a facility that doesn't reflect a D-1 commitment?
    You obviously aren't that familiar with our facilities. Weightroom, locker rooms, athletic training facility are all TOP notch. Some of the best in the country. Andover is a small community, we don't need more seating capacity. And as a smaller school that can't recruit against most HEA schools, the rink itself benefits our playing style, giving us the best chance of success. Not to mention that the school is also investing millions of dollars ($54 million, roughly) on new dorms, classrooms, and upgrades to other sports facilities to turn the whole department into a D1 institution.

Leave a comment:

• HockeyRef
    replied

HR's predictions for the weekend:

Friday UNH 3. MC 2
    Sat. MC 4. UNH 2
    Sun. UNH 3. MC 2

Go 'Cats!!!

Leave a comment:

• RENCEB
    replied

Elm Square Oysters, Palmers, Grassfields all very good in Andover.

Maybe the best part of our 'rink' is the lack of ice surface malfunctions.
    IIRC from some older posts, our glass is really excellent too!

Leave a comment:

• Lemonade
    replied

Amazing post by Dan over at the NU board thanks for writing about the case for TyK; do get over there and read it!

Regardless of how/where UNH ends up this season his career puts him as one of the UNH greats. No one is going to tell me any different. Again, thanks for writing that Dan....He is one special player and I wonder who will be the playmaker next season.
    Man what a great post by Dan. Eye opening for sure.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Murray
    replied

Originally posted by Darius View Post
    ... is the rink. Love the old school barns.
    Personally, I find it's the low ceilings at places like Merrimack, Schneider (a/k/a The Coffin) and even the old Walter Brown Arena at BU that makes me enjoy them less than (say) Mathews, Gutterson, old Snively, etc. Almost claustrophobic that way. Merrimack has done a nice job upgrading within the existing footprint, but I've often wondered why they didn't just start from scratch? I mean, you wanna play D-1 with the big boys of Hockey East ... why not just jump in with both feet, instead of continuing with a facility that doesn't reflect a D-1 commitment?

Leave a comment:

• HockeyRef
    replied
    Elm Square Oysters, Palmers, Grassfields all very good in Andover.

Maybe the best part of our 'rink' is the lack of ice surface malfunctions.
    Thinking the last time that happened was a Providence home game a couple of seasons ago? Are you aware of others? Thanks for the foodie tips...

Leave a comment:

• HockeyRef
    replied
    Originally posted by Darius View Post
    Being that up close and personal there the way you are presents an atmosphere you don't find anywhere else that is for sure! I appreciate Matthews for its atmosphere as well.

ps I should give my real issue with the MC rink and that is how hard it is to play there truth be told!! Hopefully we have prepared for the smaller ice surface...and also just having some pre game fun while I still can. Go 'Cats!
    Last edited by HockeyRef; 03-03-2017, 07:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Darius
    replied

Ooooh that hurts!!! Hey I'll take a crowded Libby's over the typical chains you guys have (although I do appreciate a good margarita at the 99) near your 'rink'. Besides the fact getting down to you guys is an easy trip, I'd say pretty much the best thing you have going for your "rink" is the Dunkin' Donuts built right in!!! I did take a look at what's in Andover Center...we NH ites don't like to get too far off the beaten path ya know so most likely, Bertucci's or the 99 for us! Thanks so much for looking out for us you are most kind....

ps next time you are in Dham be sure to try out Bella's which is right behind Libby's. Good food and the 'tenders there (as in bar) make a mean Absolut and cran. Just sayin

Leave a comment:

• e.cat
    replied
    Would not surprise me if they go the farthest of the teams this season, along with gymnastics maybe? So are we pretty much counting out our 'Cats this weekend? Seems most people think there's a better chance there will be a 'coaching announcement' than us winning this series against 'Mack. Sigh.
    No doubt! Go Wildcats!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X