Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota hosts Ohio State: 12/2 -12/3

15/16
    You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      Barely. Tomkins' SV% was .8333 when he was taken out, Shcierhorn finished .857 while Frey was 16/16.
      I think they were hoping to get by with Tompkins last night and have Frey fresh tonight. But didn't seem to work out that way now did it?

Comment

Originally posted by captain beefheart View Post
        15/16
        Originally posted by slap shot View Post
        barely. Tomkins' sv% was .8333 when he was taken out, shcierhorn finished .857 while frey was 16/16.
        16/17

Comment

That was cheap at the end there. He may be sitting for a game.
          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
            That was cheap at the end there. He may be sitting for a game.
            Looked like a good hip check to start but went high and left his feet. We'll see what Piowtrowski says tomorrow.
            Intense physical game tonight with a LOT of chippy and a split for the weekend. I wouldn't want to be a Gopher at practice this week, get out the puke bags!

Comment

Now there's reason to be pissed.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                Looked like a good hip check to start but went high and left his feet. We'll see what Piowtrowski says tomorrow.
                Well after he released the puck and with 3 seconds left in the game. Bush league.
                Gophers may be without both Bristedt and Lindgren next Friday.

The refs were pretty bad all weekend, for both teams, and especially tonight.
                But worst call of the weekend goes to Lucia. Pulling Schierhorn when the score was still 4-2 in a game the Gophers were controlling play in even if they weren't controlling the scoreboard. And what, maybe the 2nd goal you could fault Schierhorn on? The other 3 he didn't have much chance on. It was those 2 goals against Lehr where the game really got away from them.

I also nominate Glover to take Collins' place as honorary whipping boy.

I would also be remiss if I didn't say good on OSU. They are an offensively talented team, and they made the Gophers pay on mistakes tonight to bury them.

Comment

Came for a split and got it. Ill take it on the road against a good Gopher team. Frey has to be the guy in net the rest of the way i have seen enough of Tomkins for four years and Frey for the same amount and Frey is head and shoulders ahead of him. This is the most talented Ohio State team especially on offense that i have seen since the early 2000's with Umberger Steckle and Kessler. Good Luck to the Gophers the rest of the way and see you in Columbus in February.

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                    But worst call of the weekend goes to Lucia. Pulling Schierhorn when the score was still 4-2 in a game the Gophers were controlling play in even if they weren't controlling the scoreboard. And what, maybe the 2nd goal you could fault Schierhorn on? The other 3 he didn't have much chance on. It was those 2 goals against Lehr where the game really got away from them.
                    Agree 100%. Him trying to send a message to his team completely backfired. After Lehr gave up those two you could see the Gophers' morale go straight downhill. Plenty of blame to go around but Lucia deserves a share.
                    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                      Agree 100%. Him trying to send a message to his team completely backfired. After Lehr gave up those two you could see the Gophers' morale go straight downhill. Plenty of blame to go around but Lucia deserves a share.
                      I didnt understand it either

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                        Came for a split and got it. Ill take it on the road against a good Gopher team. Frey has to be the guy in net the rest of the way i have seen enough of Tomkins for four years and Frey for the same amount and Frey is head and shoulders ahead of him. This is the most talented Ohio State team especially on offense that i have seen since the early 2000's with Umberger Steckle and Kessler. Good Luck to the Gophers the rest of the way and see you in Columbus in February.
                        I agree with you on this. I am fine with a split on the road against the team that is supposed to win the BIG Ten this season. I just wish we would have started Frey in the first game. Not sure why we still go with Tomkins when he continues to let in soft goals. Good luck to the Gophers. See you in Columbus in a couple months.

Comment

Working...
                        X