Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota hosts Ohio State: 12/2 -12/3

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
    And just picked up free tickets for tonight!!
    Nice! I'll be at both games as well. Section 19, Row 12.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

So how do you credit THAT goal when 3 Gophers were the last to touch the puck before putting it in their own net?

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
        So how do you credit THAT goal when 3 Gophers were the last to touch the puck before putting it in their own net?
        The last Buckeye to touch the puck gets credit

Comment

Shaky start, shaky finish. But MN won. It's sad that I'm in the "well, a win's a win" mode with this team. It shouldn't be like that, but yet it is.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            Shaky start, shaky finish. But MN won. It's sad that I'm in the "well, a win's a win" mode with this team. It shouldn't be like that, but yet it is.
            Gophers always seem to make it exciting at the end, even when it shouldn't be. Ohio State was whistled for four consecutive penalties in the 3rd period but the Gophers failed to get what would have amounted to an insurance goal. The result was we had to withstand the usual end-of-regulation 3rd period assault by the opponent, catching a few breaks to escape with a win that should never been in doubt at the end. And yes, as you say, a win's a win, but it shouldn't be like that.

Comment

Or you can look at the fact they were the better team for most of the game. While we'd all have preferred it not have been that close they won a Friday game with at times dominating play which is something they've failed to do many times on Fridays this month. But I realize MN fans find it so much easier to always find the cloud in the silver lining.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                The last Buckeye to touch the puck gets credit
                I know that, I was just being humorous as that was the last thing I expected to see from Minnesota. Well it is the holiday season and that was our gift.
                Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 12-03-2016, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                  Ohio State was whistled for four consecutive penalties in the 3rd period but the Gophers failed to get what would have amounted to an insurance goal.
                  Not meaning to be a Harbaugh here and whine about it but I thought one call in the third shouldn't have been made. The replays sure seemed to show Schierhorn intentionally turn his shoulder into our guy and then flop to draw the penalty. He had a legit interference call against us earlier and thought he could sell another I guess.
                  Well, tonight's a new game and now that each team knows each other a little better it may be a more tight one but we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    Or you can look at the fact they were the better team for most of the game. While we'd all have preferred it not have been that close they won a Friday game with at times dominating play which is something they've failed to do many times on Fridays this month. But I realize MN fans find it so much easier to always find the cloud in the silver lining.
                    I'm hardly one of those people normally. Last night's game, though.....
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                      Not meaning to be a Harbaugh here and whine about it but I thought one call in the third shouldn't have been made. The replays sure seemed to show Schierhorn intentionally turn his shoulder into our guy and then flop to draw the penalty. He had a legit interference call against us earlier and thought he could sell another I guess.
                      Well, tonight's a new game and now that each team knows each other a little better it may be a more tight one but we'll see.
                      May be true, but earlier in the game the Buckeyes got away with a couple high hits, a knee on knee and a couple blatant elbows, so pretty hard to worry about one extra minor.

Comment

Ohio State player suspended, only got 2 minutes at game time.
                        XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                        Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                          Ohio State player suspended, only got 2 minutes at game time.
                          I expected as much. That was a textbook contact T the head, and a pretty gutless call by the officials to only hand out the minor and leave it up to the league to deal with any further disciplinary measures. He also had a high hit on an unsuspecting player in the first period that went totally uncalled.

Comment

... Ohio State was whistled for four consecutive penalties in the 3rd period but the Gophers failed to get what would have amounted to an insurance goal. The result was we had to withstand the usual end-of-regulation 3rd period assault by the opponent, catching a few breaks to escape with a win that should never been in doubt at the end. And yes, as you say, a win's a win, but it shouldn't be like that.
                            How would you describe entering the third period up by 1, and then scoring midway through the period to extend it to 2?

Not the prettiest of games for either team, and certainly you want to see the PP capitalize, particularly against a team that has struggled on the kill. But the Gophers did take a lead into, and then extend said lead in, the 3rd period. Against a team that had lost only once all season.

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                              How would you describe entering the third period up by 1, and then scoring midway through the period to extend it to 2?

Not the prettiest of games for either team, and certainly you want to see the PP capitalize, particularly against a team that has struggled on the kill. But the Gophers did take a lead into, and then extend said lead in, the 3rd period. Against a team that had lost only once all season.
                              Yeah maybe I was a little too critical, but for me it's frustrating that we just can't seem to put teams away when we have the opportunity (see Penn State vs. Michigan results). We had a 4-1 lead which evaporated to 4-3, and honestly the Buckeyes had plenty of chances to tie and take the lead. From my vantage point it was mostly a matter of our goalie outplaying their goalie.

Comment

From my vantage point it was mostly a matter of our goalie outplaying their goalie.
                                Barely. Tomkins' SV% was .8333 when he was taken out, Shcierhorn finished .857 while Frey was 16/16.

Comment

Working...
                                X