Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bottom Feeders Bracket/Futile Four 2010

Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
    Lets make it even more complicated by using one-eyed birds with no sense of direction. And have them carry the the information in coconuts tied to their legs...or they could grip it by the husk.
    It's nut a question a 'ow e grips it, it's a simple mattr a weight ratios. A five ounce bird can't carry a one pound coconut.
    Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie View Post
      It's nut a question a 'ow e grips it, it's a simple mattr a weight ratios. A five ounce bird can't carry a one pound coconut.
      It could be carried by an African swallow! (yes I know, I skipped a bit, brother)

Comment

The committee has read the ideas suggested in several recent posts, and is concerned that some of them miss the point. While we applaud the effort to make the selection process convoluted, unintelligible and downright silly (as with blind dart throwing, or chickens pecking on paper) we fear that this may open the door to the possibility that some decent team(s) may find their way in to the field.

If the goal of the tournament was to create a poor selection process, these suggestions would become policy at once. The goal of the selection process is to determine which are the worst teams, thereby creating a true chumpionship tournament.

The committee is leaning toward two additional 'qualification requirements' which may serve to solve the problems identified earlier:

1. Any team surviving the first round of their respective conference tournament will be eliminated from consideration for an 'at large' bid.

2. Any team completing their schedule with an overall LP of .575 or lower can only earn entry to the tournament if there are not enough teams with LPs higher than .575 to fill the field, or if they earn their conference's autobid by finishing last in the regular season standings.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          It could be carried by an African swallow! (yes I know, I skipped a bit, brother)
          except of course the African swallow is non-migratory, Brother Maynard.

Comment

1. Any team surviving the first round of their respective conference tournament will be eliminated from consideration for an 'at large' bid.
            So Atlantic Hockey is restricted to two bids?

2. Any team completing their schedule with an overall LP of .575 or lower can only earn entry to the tournament if there are not enough teams with LPs higher than .575 to fill the field, or if they earn their conference's autobid by finishing last in the regular season standings.
            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
            Skating Friar Jersey
            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
              Found a picture of the interior of the St. Lawrence Center Mall Arena. It may not look as dumpy as some of the others at first glance, however I can assure you it is no fun to play there. As chairman of the Welcoming Committee, our formal application bid is as follows:

http://www.prismbuilders.com/images/...nceRink500.jpg

http://www.slcarena.com/

As you can see from their site, after waiting for the pictures to cycle to the actual arena, the chipped paint over the cinder blocks looks really appealing to the eye, and the benches are on the opposite side of both doors to access the rink, meaning coaches risk slipping and breaking a bone or 3 on their way to the bench. Also, the bathrooms serving the locker rooms are shared by 2 locker rooms a piece (4 locker rooms total), so the players would have to mix and mingle while relieving themselves.

On their website, the first picture you see, ISN'T EVEN FROM THEIR OWN RINK! Also, the scummy TNA! wrestling series is going to visit this place in February, which they are touting as an unforgettable night of action. I would be shocked if this event got even a fine print mention in any local newspaper, and if so, it wouldn't be until the month after the tournament, coming out as "breaking news."

The closest convenient airport is Ottawa or Montreal, both at 1.5 hours away (90miles or so.) For US Airports, you have to branch out to Syracuse or Burlington, both over 2 hours away. Massena, NY is also known for snowstorms in April, including one happening Mother's Day weekend.

As long as you keep Clarkson from this regional, it isn't close to anybody either.
              Found out some interesting info that could make this bid more appealing to the committee.

Recently, it has been found that the floor under the rink is in possible disrepair, due to the fact the ice hasn't been taken out for years. It is almost on the verge of buckling, and may turn the SLCA into an indoor soccer/box lacrosse venue sometime in the near future.

Also, the zamboni has recently broke down, causing the venue to be forced to resurface the rink by hand. This led to several large bumps and unevenness in the surface. In addition to this, the arc that I remembered from the center of the ice to the sides has become even more pronounced than I had remembered, to the point that you can actually see it if you stand at one end.

I'm going to try getting out there tomorrow and possibly get some pictures of the rink.

Comment

Hand resurfaced ice that might cave the floor at any moment?

That could be epic.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                  Found out some interesting info that could make this bid more appealing to the committee.

Recently, it has been found that the floor under the rink is in possible disrepair, due to the fact the ice hasn't been taken out for years. It is almost on the verge of buckling, and may turn the SLCA into an indoor soccer/box lacrosse venue sometime in the near future.

Also, the zamboni has recently broke down, causing the venue to be forced to resurface the rink by hand. This led to several large bumps and unevenness in the surface. In addition to this, the arc that I remembered from the center of the ice to the sides has become even more pronounced than I had remembered, to the point that you can actually see it if you stand at one end.

I'm going to try getting out there tomorrow and possibly get some pictures of the rink.
                  I went to CCT for 4 years and went to the St. Lawrence Centre many times (before we went high class and got a Wal-Mart in Potsdam) and I never knew there was a rink up there. Pine Street Arena in Potsdam was in pretty bad shape when I was there but I guess they've spruced it up.
                  Clarkson Golden Knights Men
                  10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
                  5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
                  21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
                  ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
                  ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018
                  7 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
                  National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

not only do I find this thread extremely amusing, I am proud to have the George Gipp arena in Laurium MI as a venue.
                    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                      So Atlantic Hockey is restricted to two bids?

The committee is embarassed to admit that they did not know the format of Atlantic's tournament. In fairness to the committee, they were under the influence at the time. Please disregard suggestion #1, as it will not work.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                        not only do I find this thread extremely amusing, I am proud to have the George Gipp arena in Laurium MI as a venue.
                        You should not be proud. There is no pride in this tournament.

Comment

BFB/Braketology, assums season ended today:

TWITS, according to FARTS
                          1. U Conn (AH Autobid)
                          2. AIU
                          3. BGSU (CCHA Autobid)
                          4. Holy Cross
                          5. Clarkson (ECAC Autobid)
                          6. Dartmouth
                          7. Bentley
                          8. Army
                          9. Brown
                          10. MTU (WCHA Autobid)
                          11. Mercyhurst
                          12. Niagara (CHA Autobid)
                          13. Harvard
                          14. Air Force
                          15. Ala-Hunts
                          16. Canisius
                          17. West Mich
                          18. Providence (HEA Autobid)
                          19. Rob Morris

Mercyhurst (.5625), Air Force (.5000), Canisius (.4667) are eliminated from consideration for at-large berth, as their LP's are below .5750.

That means this would be the field:
                          1. U Conn (AH Autobid)
                          2. AIU
                          3. BGSU (CCHA Autobid)
                          4. Holy Cross
                          6. Dartmouth
                          7. Bentley
                          8. Army
                          9. Brown
                          10. MTU (WCHA Autobid)
                          11. Niagara (CHA Autobid)
                          12. Harvard
                          13. Ala-Hunts
                          14. West Mich
                          15. Providence (HEA Autobid)
                          16. Rob Morris

We don't have time to fill out the bracket now, but will try to do it soon.

Comment

Is anybody as disturbed as I am that Merrimack does not qualify for this tournament?
                            Let's go Cats!!!

Philadelphia Phillies Well there's always next year

2007 ECAC East-NESCAC LPS Champ!!
                            2009 ECACHL Pick 'em champ!!

"All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible." [Noah Webster. History. p. 339]

Comment

BFB/Braketology, assums season ended today:

TWITS, according to FARTS
                              1. U Conn (AH Autobid)
                              2. AIU
                              3. BGSU (CCHA Autobid)
                              4. Holy Cross
                              6. Dartmouth
                              7. Bentley
                              8. Army
                              9. Brown
                              10. MTU (WCHA Autobid)
                              11. Mercyhurst
                              12. Niagara (CHA Autobid)
                              13. Harvard
                              14. Air Force
                              15. Ala-Hunts
                              16. Canisius
                              17. West Mich
                              18. Providence (HEA Autobid)
                              19. Rob Morris

Mercyhurst (.5625), Air Force (.5000), Canisius (.4667) are eliminated from consideration for at-large berth, as their LP's are below .5750.

That means this would be the field:
                              1. U Conn (AH Autobid)
                              2. AIU
                              3. BGSU (CCHA Autobid)
                              4. Holy Cross
                              6. Dartmouth
                              7. Bentley
                              8. Army
                              9. Brown
                              10. MTU (WCHA Autobid)
                              11. Niagara (CHA Autobid)
                              12. Harvard
                              13. Ala-Hunts
                              14. West Mich
                              15. Providence (HEA Autobid)
                              16. Rob Morris

We don't have time to fill out the bracket now, but will try to do it soon.
                              I cannot agree with Rob Morris being in the bracket. They have beat the #1 team in Miami of Ohio and BSU twice. They may have talent somewhere on or close to their team and I thought the Futile four bracket was supposed to be void of any talent.

Comment

Originally posted by gounhwildcats View Post
                                Is anybody as disturbed as I am that Merrimack does not qualify for this tournament?
                                Merrimack's actually pretty good this year, and they just took 3 points at UVM, a team that would be in the NCAAs if the season ended today. No way the 'Mack deserves to be in the BFB/FF. Hockey East is simply too strong to get multiple bids in this tourney. Fortunately, Providence might just be bad enough to still do some damage in the BFB/FF.
                                Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Working...
                                X