Frozen Apple Cornell Big Red v UNH Wildcats Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Frozen Apple Cornell Big Red v UNH Wildcats Game Thread

You guys have just witnessed history. That was Cornell's first successful penalty shot attempt since the 80's when Nieuwendyk took one.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Hockey View Post
      You guys have just witnessed history. That was Cornell's first successful penalty shot attempt since the 80's when Nieuwendyk took one.
      Never should have happened. You know that, as well as the many Cornell fans around me who were downright apologetic about that horribly soft call. Changed what was a GREAT game up until then.
      Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

I'm listening on the radio, so I'll see the penalty for myself later. It wouldn't surprise me though since ECAC officiating has been egregious for as long as I can remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Hockey View Post
          I'm listening on the radio, so I'll see the penalty for myself later. It wouldn't surprise me though since ECAC officiating has been egregious for as long as I can remember.
          Sorry if that was a little snappy, but wow - tough call.

Anyway, your goalie deserved a W tonight, no matter how you slice it.

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
            Sorry if that was a little snappy, but wow - tough call.

Anyway, your goalie deserved a W tonight, no matter how you slice it.
            Just looking at box score, seems that Ty Rone had a good night in net also?

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
              Just looking at box score, seems that Ty Rone had a good night in net also?
              In my eyes, his best game in a long time. More poise than I can remember. A few juicy rebounds were more than offset by some solid saves.

Comment

Cornell keeper stood on his head can't say DT played a bad game per se second goal was a tough deflection and no comment on the penalty shot 🙄 I would say that not enough 'Cats played well in the third (we had a decent second). Couldn't do anything on PP (including 5 on 3)

Anyway onto Maine and hopefully Nazarian back in the line up. Cool first time experience in MSG despite the outcome.
                I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                  Cornell keeper stood on his head can't say DT played a bad game per se second goal was a tough deflection and no comment on the penalty shot 🙄 I would say that not enough 'Cats played well in the third (we had a decent second). Couldn't do anything on PP (including 5 on 3)

Anyway onto Maine and hopefully Nazarian back in the line up. Cool first time experience in MSG despite the outcome.
                  Agreed 100%. That was a really fun experience, regardless of the final score.

Comment

Congrats to Cornell for finally beating a Hockey East team at MSG.

Looking forward to Red Hot Hockey again next year.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

Nazarian was in line up last night, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                        Nazarian was in line up last night, right?
                        Nope, not yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                          Congrats to Cornell for finally beating a Hockey East team at MSG.

Looking forward to Red Hot Hockey again next year.
                          So glad we could oblige 🙄!! Good luck the rest of the way and thanks for coming by and supporting the thread. Had to be a long ride home for the team last night...Wonder if we will ever get invited back this is def in my list to return in the future. Over and out time to hit the road!
                          I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Working...
                          X