All right fine, I'll start this - BU @ BC 1/22/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All right fine, I'll start this - BU @ BC 1/22/10

I guess it depends on your criteria for "took it to 'em", but I'd like to see stats on grade A opps., shots, and saves in addition to shots on goal. Anyone have those handy? It's only that I remember thinking to myself that milner was coming up just as big as millan just as many times.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Shots were 46-31 in favor of BC. I'd hardly say BU "took it to them".
      BU's defense sucks, which happens when you're running Cohen out there all the time. However, their offense did the job, generating 31 shots and 5 goals. For BU, this season, that qualifies as "taking to to 'em". Don't make me start a "2008" chant.
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by RockTheWhit View Post
        It was the #1 play on Sportscenter's top 10! Kyle Ostrow's goal in the DU-Wisco game was #3, so a good night for college hockey.
        Link
        The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

i must say that it is a delicious irony that BU is now the diving team on comm ave. i know you have a great powerplay; but stay on your skates, boys. you are embarrassing yourselves.
          “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
          Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
          Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
          National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Shots were 46-31 in favor of BC. I'd hardly say BU "took it to them".
            Score was 5-4 in favor of BU... could that be called "taking it to them"?

On another note... having not followed BC much... I was surprised to see Milner in net... whats the word form the other end of Comm Ave? Is he slowly winning the job, or is Jerry rotating him in on occasion? He looked like the real deal though... even though the save percentage will not look great on paper from that game, he made some really really good saves.
            Last edited by ericredaxe; 01-23-2010, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
              Saponari's celebration by taunting BC fans for 10 seconds was one of the biggest displays of dooshbaggery I've seen in a hockey rink. A nice goal but still.
              What happened? I stopped following him once he jumped into the boards.

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
              i thought millan had a great game despite giving up 4 goals (milner played real well, as well).
              Yeah, I was thinking I can't remember seeing 9 goals scored in a game where both goalies were playing as well as they were last night.

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              I like the new banners and the new scoreboard.
              Scoreboard definitely looks better in person than it did in pictures, the flashing torch after goals was a cool touch. The banners actually looked worse than in pictures IMO, the material reminded me of the knock off soccer jerseys that are all over the place in Europe, Mexico, and South America, but still an improvement.

Have to disagree on Millan. Yes, he made a lot of saves, but he left a ton of rebounds all night.
              I thought the only "bad" rebounds he left were from shots within 7 feet and with many BU players in the area, shots from that area just need to be saved, if you can cover up thats a bonus but not something that can be expected unless they should to the glove side. His other large rebounds always seemed to be to an area no BC players were, so maybe that was a lucky coincidence, but, without being in his head, it looked like he was aware of the ice and doing what he wanted to do with the puck. And god knows BU doesn't need to give up more defensive zone faceoffs so hopefully he can continue to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Parker Ranger View Post
                I guess it depends on your criteria for "took it to 'em", but I'd like to see stats on grade A opps., shots, and saves in addition to shots on goal. Anyone have those handy? It's only that I remember thinking to myself that milner was coming up just as big as millan just as many times.
                BC had 18 grade-A chances, 16 on net, and 4 goals. BU had 15 grade-A chances, 13 on net, and 3 goals.
                Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

There's one quality win. I believe I predicted three more this season. I wouldn't mind seeing another one tonight.

I told my wife during the 2nd intermission that BC was going to get two in the 3rd and the question was, could BU get one. Thank you Mr. Quinn.

BU Hockey: Fighting For Respect
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                    BC had 18 grade-A chances, 16 on net, and 4 goals. BU had 15 grade-A chances, 13 on net, and 3 goals.
                    I think your stats are off, every time Colby touches the puck anywhere in the left faceoff circle is a grade-A chance

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                      Thanks, that's about what I was expecting. BU had far fewer shots, but had a better proportion of quality chances. And I think that's the impression most took with them after the game. Grade A chances paint a more accurate picture in this case, I think.

Do you guys keep that stat (grade As) in the press box or is it an official stat we can find somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by Parker Ranger View Post
                        Thanks, that's about what I was expecting. BU had far fewer shots, but had a better proportion of quality chances. And I think that's the impression most took with them after the game. Grade A chances paint a more accurate picture in this case, I think.

Do you guys keep that stat (grade As) in the press box or is it an official stat we can find somewhere?
                        It's definitely not an official stat. We get shot charts each period and I just go off that.
                        Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Working...
                        X