All right fine, I'll start this - BU @ BC 1/22/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All right fine, I'll start this - BU @ BC 1/22/10

Kudos to the body painted simpsons in the front row of the student section. milner's legit. bc's defense was careless at times to say the least. last penalty was....questionable.
    time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
      good game, BU.

my dvr cut out at 4-4 in the third, so i (un?)fortunately missed the GWG.
      big superfan section tonight, has that been typical this year?

sure candycanes has the gwg if you really want to see it...

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
      last penalty was....questionable.
      so, i think, were the two non-calls on BU that preceded it, but i didn't have a great view
      Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Milner is a fantastic goalie. Do you BC fans think he's better than Muse?

Props to Colby for doing his best ******** statue impression during BC's second goal.

From TV, seems shot totals and scoring chances were pretty equal. That, of course, is up for debate.
        Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
        ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
          i thought millan had a great game despite giving up 4 goals (milner played real well, as well). most of the game i felt like sneep was a drunk driver taking a sobriety test - i was wondering when he was going to faceplant. that was the difference.
          I agree - thought Millan looked good tonight. And is that normal for Sneep? He was pretty noticeably.....not good. Which was why I was sure he was going to score the game winner.

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
          Kudos to the body painted simpsons in the front row of the student section.
          Those kids need to teach the River Hawks fans who half assed the body paint earlier this season how it's done. That was commitment!! Excellent job.

I like the new banners and the new scoreboard.

Is there a reason why the BC announcer said that UNH won in double OT?? Who gave him that info? Double OT? In a regular season game?

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
            Milner is a fantastic goalie. Do you BC fans think he's better than Muse?
            I am in agreement on Milner. I think he and Muse are about equal, although Muse is a bit more prone to soft goals when he goes down early. Big upside with Milner. The kid will be a very good one as he gets more playing time.
            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

That was a great game to watch tonight. Two good teams in a heated battle. Too bad Mr. Quinn didn't allow them to finish it 5 on 5.
              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Well, just what I expected, BC was pumped about beating Maine and BU was hungry. BU is clearly a better TEAM while BC clearly has more talent.

BC simply doesn't bring the effort all game long and it kills them. Two great third periods against BU and nothing to show for it.

Watching Sneep try to play hockey in D1 is laughable. He belongs at Middlebury.

BTW, Saponari's celebration by taunting BC fans for 10 seconds was one of the biggest displays of dooshbaggery I've seen in a hockey rink. A nice goal but still.

I wouldn't give up on BC yet they could finally bring full efforts in March and with that talent you can see how scary it is. But they seem to be missing ingredients and that worries me.
                Originally posted by reBlur
                the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

That energy, though, was sucked from the Eagles with 38.4 seconds remaining in regulation when referee Tom Quinn called a tripping penalty on BC’s Cam Atkinson. The call sent the usually mild-mannered York into a tizzy.

“I was more upset about a non-call earlier,” said York when asked about the call. “It’s just consistency. You let one go and call one with 38 seconds left.

First of all, LOL at that officiating tonight.

And don't be fooled by Sneep's offensive numbers this year. He hasn't been reliable and is not reliable.

Gibbons tried to do too much leading to the first BU goal tonight. BC gives up a goal with less than a minute to go in the first, Sneep gives one away, and then the team disappears on the 4th goal.

Kreider line was very good. Lyles made a few nice plays. Thought Milner was ok. Have to disagree on Millan. Yes, he made a lot of saves, but he left a ton of rebounds all night.

I thought we'd see Muse tonight and more of a rotation on d, but York went in a different direction. Didn't deserve to lose like that, but tomorrow presents another opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    lil' rover?
                    yeah, let's mix BU-BC with politics...burnin' down the house
                    I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Pleased by this year's standards with BU's performance. Don't like coughing up the lead in the 3rd but lots of energy and getting shots on net plus showing some scoring touch in the crease. Bonino really stepping up - must realize he's playing for a contract next year in the NHL.

I thought Millan played his best game of the year. D was bad (a Cohen hat trick, gave up 2 but scored one). Offense was great. I'm really encouraged by them taking it to BC in their own rink, a couple of weeks after beating them at Fenway. Beat UNH tonight and I'm a believer in a second half turnaround.
                      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Shots were 46-31 in favor of BC. I'd hardly say BU "took it to them".

Comment

How does Kreider only have 4 goals??? It looked like he was on the ice for more than half the game. He is the real deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            Is there a reason why the BC announcer said that UNH won in double OT?? Who gave him that info? Double OT? In a regular season game?
                            My guess is that whoever was in charge of reading the score saw the score "UNH 3-2 OT" and got confused by the 2 in front of "OT."
                            "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              Have to disagree on Millan. Yes, he made a lot of saves, but he left a ton of rebounds all night.
                              Par for the course for Kieran, but an improvement over where he has been. As long as he keeps the first shot out it at least gives our defense an opportunity to clear. Still something he needs to fine tune.

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
                              sure candycanes has the gwg if you really want to see it...
                              Unfortunately, I don't get NESN and couldn't record, hoping that NESN gives Hockey East highlights as they usually do but nothing yet. Apparently Saponari's goal made SportsCenter but I missed it.
                              Boston University 2009 Champs
                              Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
                                Unfortunately, I don't get NESN and couldn't record, hoping that NESN gives Hockey East highlights as they usually do but nothing yet. Apparently Saponari's goal made SportsCenter but I missed it.
                                It was the #1 play on Sportscenter's top 10! Kyle Ostrow's goal in the DU-Wisco game was #3, so a good night for college hockey.
                                "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

Working...
                                X