Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    BU Football!

...Next!
    BC Football.
    Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Re: All right fine, I'll start this - BU @ BC 1/22/10

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
      Neither was BU. Providence was always behind them. No reason to let facts get in the way, though. God knows they've never mattered much in past BC-BU threads.
      with numerous games in hand. so statistically, BU was last. stick to baby food and player stalking.
      “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
      Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
      Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
      National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

#3: Arena 2/3 full because basketball team is playing, like, Clemson, with a potential NIT bid on the line
        Bugs Bunny - 96
        Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

#2: If I'd wanted to live in a country club, I would've stayed in Manhasset / Winnetka / Basel.
          Bugs Bunny - 96
          Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
            #3: Arena 2/3 full because basketball team is playing, like, Clemson, with a potential NIT bid on the line
            Gerbe is a h4x0r!!!
            time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
              Gerbe is a h4x0r!!!
              Oh yeah, forgot about that one; well done. I'm gonna put that at #3, and move the empty-hockey-arena-'cause-of-hoops-game-on-TV at number six.

#3: Your players break/have broken bones with their dirty hacks.
              Bugs Bunny - 96
              Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

BC last year would be considered inconsistant, but don't tell me that they weren't better then half the NCAA tourney field by the time March rolled around. Unfortuately, too many games given away throughout the season.

Their championship hangover was nowhere near as bad as BU's has been this season. I would agree that BU lost more talent, but then again BC lost two integral parts. (Gerbe for his scoring, Brennan for his leadership) Stuff sometimes can't be measured.

Comment

#1: 5 > 3

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                  Is it just me or is anyone else just not feeling up to the usual boring BC-BU insults?
                  Thanks again to BCWHSFJ for the reminder. Even if you're not up to it -- throw a dart, spin the spinner, whatever; we know Jersey Shore is on, you don't have to kill yourself -- there's a handy reservoir of insults out there, easily accessible.
                  Bugs Bunny - 96
                  Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                    with numerous games in hand.
                    I don't think BU ever had more than 2 games in hand, but I don't feel like looking it up. Plus, who's to say PC wouldn't have lost those games in hand? When you assume... well, we're all asses already.

so statistically, BU was last.
                    So, points aren't a statistic? I don't get it.

stick to baby food
                    No, that's Gerbe.

and player stalking.
                    If doing my job qualifies as stalking, then I will. Otherwise, no. Like I said before, there's plenty of people, including some on here, who already do that.
                    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

What a miserable deed you BU folks have done to my father's beloved Braves Field. Those were hallowed grounds where he used to get in for free as a member of the Knot Hole Gang. You even demolished the famous jury box bleachers so named because at one game a sportswriter observed 12 people sitting in the 2000 seat bleachers. Only the right field pavillion stands now. How many of you know that the Red Sox won the World Series playing in that field in 1916 or that Babe Ruth retired while playing his last game there? And you make it into a soccer field. Shame on you!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Moose98 View Post
                        BC last year would be considered inconsistant, but don't tell me that they weren't better then half the NCAA tourney field by the time March rolled around. Unfortuately, too many games given away throughout the season.

Their championship hangover was nowhere near as bad as BU's has been this season. I would agree that BU lost more talent, but then again BC lost two integral parts. (Gerbe for his scoring, Brennan for his leadership) Stuff sometimes can't be measured.
                        We graduated six seniors and lost a sopomore as well. All went pro and are playing. Most notably Co-captain and Hoeby Baker winner, Matt gilory, who is playing a regular shift with the Rangers.

The other former BC dwarf goon, the first being Gionta, is playing AHL and has not impressed the Sabers. As for Gionta, the Devils saw fit and dished him to Montreal.

Comment

I knew all those later facts in your post. You forgot to mention that the Babe was far past his prime when he finally hung up his cleats. As for demolishing part of history the opening the Mass Pike pretty much did it in and by then, or soon there after the Braves packed up and went to Milwaukee and later still to Atlanta.

Do you know why the Babe was traded to the Evil Empire in the first place? It was because the then owner wanted to fund a Broadway play, which bombed by the way. He was later run out of town.

Just how many hallowed ground does bc have? Certainly not Conte Forum or the expanded football stadium, if you call it that. Speaking of skipping town, what about jumping to the ACC? Not the smartest move.

Comment

It's game day. See y'all in 19 hours.

Safety school, Facepaint, etc. etc.
                            BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                            -
                            Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Kirk 18 View Post

Do you know why the Babe was traded to the Evil Empire in the first place? It was because the then owner wanted to fund a Broadway play, which bombed by the way. He was later run out of town.
                              Believe it or not, I have heard that one!!!!

Other little-known nuggets about Boston sports:

The Patriots once played at Fenway Park!
                              The Red Sox were the last team to integrate!
                              Doug Flutie won the Heisman at BC!
                              Mike Eruzione played for BU!
                              Chris Bourque had a 0.0 GPA!
                              BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                              -
                              Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Enough of all the jabbering and bantering. Drop the puck all ready!

For those of you who couldn't get tickets or don't want to see another classic edition of a BU/ BC game at the heights the game is supposed to be broadcast on NESN. For BU fans who don't want to listen to Bob Norton, that fat blow hard, tune your radios into 1510 the Zone to listen to Bernie and Tom. Note there might be a 2 to 4 second delay between the NESN feed and the radio Broadcast.

Go BU!

Comment

Working...
                                X