Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Hockey News Ranks College Jerseys

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
    I think the best jersey in the country is the UAA away green. LSSU is a close second with the classic and unique anchor.
    LSSU used to have a great jersey. Why they changed the striping, took off the shoulder anchors and downsized/changed the anchor on the front, I don't know.

*****http://www.jeffsjerseys.com/TallaireFront.JPG******

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
      http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...-Rankings.html

I also like how they rip on Minnesota-Duluth for having the same colors as Minnesota. Shouldn't they complain about Ferris State, Denver and Boston College too?

Otherwise, despite their asinine reasoning, they're about right except for Wisconsin (and Duluth?) being too low and Bemidji too high.
      Their reasons are ridiculously inconsistent, especially for the ECAC. Dartmouth and Yale get props, while Colgate, Harvard, and Cornell get ripped for being boring.

And speaking of the Cornell jersey, how does that place last in ECAC with "At least Colgate had numbers on front", when BU is second in HEA with the comment "A classic jersey in all of hockey, not just college"? They're almost the same design! (essentially the same, but with reversed striping on the arms)

I don't care what was ranked where (there's so much subjectivity, it's pointless to get upset that someone likes a jersey that you don't), but at least have a little consistency!
      Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
      -Fred Shero

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
        Their reasons are ridiculously inconsistent, especially for the ECAC. Dartmouth and Yale get props, while Colgate, Harvard, and Cornell get ripped for being boring.

And speaking of the Cornell jersey, how does that place last in ECAC with "At least Colgate had numbers on front", when BU is second in HEA with the comment "A classic jersey in all of hockey, not just college"? They're almost the same design! (essentially the same, but with reversed striping on the arms)

I don't care what was ranked where (there's so much subjectivity, it's pointless to get upset that someone likes a jersey that you don't), but at least have a little consistency!
        True enough about consistency. I'd only meant that their WCHA ratings were ok, even if their reasoning was horseshyte. The other conferences... well, I agree with more of their AHA and ECAC placements than their earlier ratings.

Oh, and I just now caught this comment about the UAA jerseys: "Nanooks rep Alaska on shoulder, realistic bear"

EDIT: And their poll doesn't acknowledge the existence of Denver University. Or Miami or Western Michigan or Colgate or Cornell.
        Last edited by Beer Pong Horn; 08-27-2009, 04:25 PM.
        Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
        I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
        Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
          True enough about consistency. I'd only meant that their WCHA ratings were ok, even if their reasoning was horseshyte. The other conferences... well, I agree with more of their AHA and ECAC placements than their earlier ratings.

Oh, and I just now caught this comment about the UAA jerseys: "Nanooks rep Alaska on shoulder, realistic bear"
          The idiots confused UAA with UAF. And spelling Ohio "Ohioe"?? LOL
          Originally Posted by aparch
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Ok, these rankings are stupid. Wisconsin's jersey looks exactly like Boston's jersey (BU for you losers that can't figure out who I'm referring to), yet Wisconsin's jersey sucks and Boston's jersey is amazing. That makes no sense to me. And as stated before, UND has by far the best jersey, IMO, in all of college. I love the Gophers, but apparently The Hockey News loves them more with a #1 for the logo AND jersey.

Comment

At least Cornell and their CCHA lookalikes are ranked similarly.
              1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2018

Boston College Hockey: It's just that we're better than you.

B Who? Oh, you mean "Sux 2 B.U."

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                And spelling Ohio "Ohioe"?? LOL
                That's how Ohioans spell it.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  That's how Ohioans spell it.
                  Dan Quayle is from Ohio(e)?

I like how Denver's is "too crowded" and was compared to NASCAR...
                  Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                  Originally posted by Quizmire
                  mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                  MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                  MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                  I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

The person or persons who did this poll are morons. I never knew that UAA were the Seabears. Who at The Hockey News even let these people post this.

Baffling, how the "purple motherless calves" finish in the 7th. That is by far one of the ugliest jerseys I have ever seen.

Knocking Wisco's classic jersey is a little absurd. while not my favorite, it definetly wouldn't be last.

CC's jersey needs more love.

UMD's jerseys aren't that bad. Anyone notice that everyone in the University of Minnesota system is maroon and gold. Duluth, Crookston, Morris, there is probably a reason behind this that was decided years ago that the little sister schools didn't have a say in the matter.

SCSU's reds and UND's are my top two.

These knuckleheads have no taste.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildpantswilly View Post
                      I am a fan of UAF's jerseys personally.

Are they kidding with BGSU? Pumpkins and shat? REALLY?!
                      I like Alaska's, too, especially the darks.

BG's current attire is better than the previous generation. Which is worse, pumpkins and shat or Tootsie Rolls (two generations ago)? BG's colors are, um, challenging, but they are what they are so I say, "Flaunt 'em." Western Mich wimped out, wearing black ("accent color") and silver rather than brown and gold.
                      Go Falcons!

Comment

Originally posted by Willie Plett View Post
                        The person or persons who did this poll are morons. I never knew that UAA were the Seabears. Who at The Hockey News even let these people post this.

Baffling, how the "purple motherless calves" finish in the 7th. That is by far one of the ugliest jerseys I have ever seen.

Knocking Wisco's classic jersey is a little absurd. while not my favorite, it definetly wouldn't be last.

CC's jersey needs more love.

UMD's jerseys aren't that bad. Anyone notice that everyone in the University of Minnesota system is maroon and gold. Duluth, Crookston, Morris, there is probably a reason behind this that was decided years ago that the little sister schools didn't have a say in the matter.

SCSU's reds and UND's are my top two.

These knuckleheads have no taste.
                        hahaha just goes to show if its not canadain hockey the hockey news really has no clue and doesn't even try to have a clue. I'm no longer a subscriber to that magazine anyway because there are just better places to get information online then read there stupid articles about no great Sidney Crosby is in each monthly magazine.
                        The Quest For 7

Comment

Working...
                        X