Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota hosts North Dakota: Let the hate flow - 11/4-11/5

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Minnesota hosts North Dakota: Let the hate flow - 11/4-11/5

    Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    All it takes is going into the app and flipping a switch indicating the tickets are for sale - how is that going out of the way in their work day? And corpies aren't the only ones that don't go to every game. I've had friends with tickets that went unused even for notable opponents because in some cases they felt it was too much trouble to exchange the ticket with someone in person. Again grabbing your phone and making an update in an app is an easy thing to do.

    Am I suggesting this solves all unused tickets? Absolutely not but I have to imagine it would help with very little cost to set up.
    If a corporate account sells tickets the account manager or whoever handles the tickets would have to report that back to accounting or someone each time I'd think.

    I don't dislike the SRO move down after first period idea as a short term, essentially $0 option. Also student SRO move down after first and after second maybe any SRO to the student section. Students don't seem to fill it often anymore.

    Comment


    • Re: Minnesota hosts North Dakota: Let the hate flow - 11/4-11/5

      Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
      If a corporate account sells tickets the account manager or whoever handles the tickets would have to report that back to accounting or someone each time I'd think.

      I don't dislike the SRO move down after first period idea as a short term, essentially $0 option. Also student SRO move down after first and after second maybe any SRO to the student section. Students don't seem to fill it often anymore.
      That's the rub with corpie seats. I like the "month unused/you're done" idea, though.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

      Comment


      • Re: Minnesota hosts North Dakota: Let the hate flow - 11/4-11/5

        Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
        If a corporate account sells tickets the account manager or whoever handles the tickets would have to report that back to accounting or someone each time I'd think..
        As I stated the sale doesn't go directly back - it's held for a refund if the season ticket package is cancelled or can be used toward the cost of the package the following season. As someone that has managed corporate purchasing for various items in the past this would be easy as s**t to account for.

        Comment


        • Re: Minnesota hosts North Dakota: Let the hate flow - 11/4-11/5

          Interesting ideas to say the least. I remember the ticket office trying something like that for season ticket holders a few years back. It wasn't a refund per se (since the U never likes to give money back), I think you got credit for a donation. Might be a little fuzzy.

          In the grand scheme of things, I am guessing we would all be surprised at the number of "corpie" tickets. I bet it's less than 500 overall. It's increasingly difficult for big corporations to justify expenses like that, and when they do it's usually Vikes, Twins, or T-Wolves. Small business owners probably own a fair share. And I imagine a lot of the empty seats are owned by people that have had tix forever and just choose to not go.

          Comment


          • Re: Minnesota hosts North Dakota: Let the hate flow - 11/4-11/5

            Originally posted by JoeGopher View Post
            Interesting ideas to say the least. I remember the ticket office trying something like that for season ticket holders a few years back. It wasn't a refund per se (since the U never likes to give money back), I think you got credit for a donation. Might be a little fuzzy.

            In the grand scheme of things, I am guessing we would all be surprised at the number of "corpie" tickets. I bet it's less than 500 overall. It's increasingly difficult for big corporations to justify expenses like that, and when they do it's usually Vikes, Twins, or T-Wolves. Small business owners probably own a fair share. And I imagine a lot of the empty seats are owned by people that have had tix forever and just choose to not go.
            I attended a lot of Gopher games two years ago as my brother's wife was deployed in Afghanistan and they have season tickets. The season ticketholders next to them didn't make it to a single game after the second or third week of the season because they had a newborn baby. People miss for all sorts of reasons, good or bad. Those same people would love to have a simple ticket exchange program through the U.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

            "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

            "Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

            Comment


            • Re: Minnesota hosts North Dakota: Let the hate flow - 11/4-11/5

              Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              I attended a lot of Gopher games two years ago as my brother's wife was deployed in Afghanistan and they have season tickets. The season ticketholders next to them didn't make it to a single game after the second or third week of the season because they had a newborn baby. People miss for all sorts of reasons, good or bad. Those same people would love to have a simple ticket exchange program through the U.
              If it were me I'd at least put them on StubHub and try to get something for them.
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

              Comment


              • Re: Minnesota hosts North Dakota: Let the hate flow - 11/4-11/5

                Originally posted by D2D View Post
                If it were me I'd at least put them on StubHub and try to get something for them.
                They did that, but were only successful with about 2/3 of the tickets.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

                "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

                "Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

                Comment

                Working...
                X