Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Huskies VS. Gophers . . .No Fancy Title Needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Huskies VS. Gophers . . .No Fancy Title Needed.

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    They are already having a virtual circlejerk in the Gophers season thread. I feel sorry for them, that this is the highlight of their season.
    Kind of like the virtual circle jerk you had last Saturday?
    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

They are already having a virtual circlejerk in the Gophers season thread. I feel sorry for them, that this is the highlight of their season.
      At least we have a highlight this season. . .
      SCSU!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
        Kind of like the virtual circle jerk you had last Saturday?
        I didn't troll in your season thread.

And Husky: our highlight will be when we make our title run.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

And Husky: our highlight will be when we make our title run.

******* width="660" height="525">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9xH0xorgUoI&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9xH0xorgUoI&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525">

Didn't know gopher fans had jokes?!
          Last edited by Husky4Life; 01-23-2010, 02:45 PM.
          SCSU!

Comment

Originally posted by Husky4Life View Post
            What's wrong with the UMTC sports teams this year? First they open a state of the art football facility and the team fails, they brought in a very good basketball coach and that team is in the process of failing, and now the hockey team is in 7th place. Ouch
            Didn't you hear that their football team is dropping to D-III, and will play at other college fields during their season, and the Vikings will take over TCF stadium.
            Bob is making me concerned
            I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
              Didn't you hear that their football team is dropping to D-III, and will play at other college fields during their season, and the Vikings will take over TCF stadium.
              Vikings cant play in cold weather
              SCSU!

Comment

Originally posted by motox View Post
                Yeah, because good teams never take advantage of the opportunities they're given in a game. The Huskies had opportunities and buried them, that's what good teams do. The gophers had plenty of opportunities to score but didn't finish, that's what struggling teams do. At times the gophers did it to themselves and at times the Huskies forced the bad plays. In the first period the Huskies D was pressing deep into the offensive zone, moreso than I've ever seen from them in the past. It was a welcomed change and provided results. Maybe they pulled the reigns back after being up 3-0 but I hope they come out the same way tonight.
                Good teams Do take advantage of those opportunities. Great teams create multiple chances with their playmaking and back-checking. They play great D consistently and have solid goaltending. I didn't see St. Cloud playing at the level of an NCAA championship team last night, is all I am saying. I didn't say they are bad. I just thought the original post went a little far to say that St. Cloud played the first period like a team bound for the championship game. I think there are several teams in the country that can put together a better first period, maybe even St. Cloud. The Gophers poor play was as much a factor as how well St. Cloud played. From my observations, I would bet against a St. Cloud appearance in the championship game.

Comment

At least we have a highlight this season. . .
                  Gophers have a highlight too! Hanging 5 on Eidsieve last week! It's not much, but you can't take it away from them (us - but I don't play ).

Maybe they'll play well again tonight and get another highlight.

Comment

Originally posted by motox View Post
                    I personally can't stand when people make a comment like this. It's perfectly acceptable for someone to use "we" or "our" when talking about the team they support. Of course when you're bitter and upset about having an inferior team it's understandable that you need to find anything to complain about.
                    The guy didn't even say "we" or "us", (which doesn't bother me when people say it). He said "but beating the Gophers always reinforces my self worth I guess". My point being, either he plays on the team, or he is a pretty pathetic person to require a bunch of college kids winning a game against a bunch of college kids to feel self-worth.

And I am not bitter and upset about having an inferior team. But it is frustrating to watch the team I CHEER FOR ( I don't play on the team) when they play below their ability and lose to a team they should have been able to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                      Good teams Do take advantage of those opportunities. Great teams create multiple chances with their playmaking and back-checking. They play great D consistently and have solid goaltending. I didn't see St. Cloud playing at the level of an NCAA championship team last night, is all I am saying. I didn't say they are bad. I just thought the original post went a little far to say that St. Cloud played the first period like a team bound for the championship game. I think there are several teams in the country that can put together a better first period, maybe even St. Cloud. The Gophers poor play was as much a factor as how well St. Cloud played. From my observations, I would bet against a St. Cloud appearance in the championship game.
                      I don't think anyone can realistically talk national championship for the Huskies. At this point it's all about seeing the team get their first NCAA win! I agree that unless one of the two goalies goes on a crazy run this isn't a national championship team, but they definitely have the ability to get the NCAA monkey off their back. As for the next 2-3 years, we can hope the Dean Blais prediction becomes truth!

Comment

The guy didn't even say "we" or "us", (which doesn't bother me when people say it). He said "but beating the Gophers always reinforces my self worth I guess". My point being, either he plays on the team, or he is a pretty pathetic person to require a bunch of college kids winning a game against a bunch of college kids to feel self-worth.

And I am not bitter and upset about having an inferior team. But it is frustrating to watch the team I CHEER FOR ( I don't play on the team) when they play below their ability and lose to a team they should have been able to beat.
                        1. Pretty sure he was being sarcastic, at least that's how I took it.

2. Your team shouldn't have been able to beat ours, hence the inferior team comment.

Comment

[QUOTE=Koho;4582291]The guy didn't even say "we" or "us", (which doesn't bother me when people say it). He said "but beating the Gophers always reinforces my self worth I guess". My point being, either he plays on the team, or he is a pretty pathetic person to require a bunch of college kids winning a game against a bunch of college kids to feel self-worth.QUOTE]

Lighten up Francis. It's called sarcasm. Have one of your friends explain it to you.

Comment

I think it's more intelligent than the "bullsh*" chant after a questionable call, like your primitive fans chanted last night. Clearly audible on tv, too. Stay classy.
                            Hey, the U of MN student section has no idea what's going on and they whine and complain about calls too. Difference between ours and yours is SCSU's is coordinated enough to get a BS chant going.

I didn't see St. Cloud playing at the level of an NCAA championship team last night, is all I am saying. I didn't say they are bad. I just thought the original post went a little far to say that St. Cloud played the first period like a team bound for the championship game.
                            Completely agree. We gave up good chance, you guys did too, difference was we finished ours, but against a team like Denver or Miami, if we'd played like that in the first, we weren't gonna be up 3-0 unless they'd had a horrible period. Everything just happened to fall our way, as MN was bricking on opportunities. In fact, for a second I was ****ed because on the 3rd goal it looked like Zabkowicz was gonna cough up a huge opportunity for MN, instead he catches a break with the incoming Gopher's momentum being too much, then he turns it into a great pass and I don't know if Fischer was scared to give up a PP or thought since Roe is so small he could just outmuscle him, but within 10 seconds we go from "Oh ****!" to burying another one, and with less than ten left to go in the period too.

Everything was comin' up Milhouse!
                            tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                              Yeah... except not at all. Ask a 20 year old SCSU student, they'll say this was the biggest win of the year for us. But winning in Grand Forks and Denver were way more impressive. The only case you can make for this being a big win is because it was our most recent, 'cause this time of year every single game is the biggest game of the year. In a couple weeks last night's game won't matter much, especially bc I don't see us needing any tiebreaker to seperate us from the Gophers this year.

In years past, yeah, it was special to beat the Gophers. That's when they were a good team. This year, taking 3 of 4 from Duluth is more to hang your hat on than if we sweep the Gophers.

Exactly. Its easy to see why you're annoyed when your in-state, little sister of a school that doesn't get a quarter of the big name recruits you do has a chance tonight to finish a sweep on your ice and go up 8 points with 10 games to play .
                              It is a sign of poor coaching when teams in the WCHA can only get up for the Gophers.

Opening line from the FSN Broadcast tonight . . . "Rivalry Renewed"
                              Obviously, it is one sided.

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                              I would suspect most SCSU fans primarily want to beat the Gophers because of their long standing rivalry with the UMN and secondly position in the standings. It makes them feel like they finally have a meaningful existence. For Gopher fans, SCSU is not much of a rivalry. They're more like a nuisance.
                              I agree it is not a rivalry. SCSU hasn't been around long enough to be a rival.
                              Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                              dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                              wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

[QUOTE=Stauber1;4582198]I
                                I came away wondering how in the **** they only managed 4 goals at Quinnipiac last weekend.

QUOTE]

They play a trap and are a good defensive team.
                                I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X