Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Huskies VS. Gophers . . .No Fancy Title Needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Huskies VS. Gophers . . .No Fancy Title Needed.

Originally posted by nuke View Post
    ... but beating the Gophers always reinforces my self worth I guess.
    WOW! So you play on the team?

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
      I hate to tell you, but I really wasn't that impressed with their play. They executed when the Gophs made horrible play after horrible play when they weren't even being pressured much. They played well, but not great. And MN had poor defensive coverage. It wasn't like MN was outplayed by a team that controlled the play with superior play and effort. Playing well and taking advantage of some of the opponents many mistakes and lackadaisical play is a long ways away from being a team that will win the NCAA. It is unlikely that four NCAA tourney teams will come out and hand St. Cloud a period or two like MN did.
      SCSU has finishers. A defensive mistake will usually end up in the net. Most teams are going to give up a few of those in a game...and that's how it happens dear.
      St. Cloud State University - Stearns County's Pride On Ice

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
        Leddy is one of our better defensemen and I thought he moved the puck just fine last night, the D as a whole played terrible in the 1st period and got slightly better as the game went on. I don't think Leddy is our problem.
        Uh... when stb tries to talk hockey, I'd ignore the posts. When he talks popped collars and clubs...that's when I'd respond.

Originally posted by STCHuskies View Post
        SCSU has finishers. A defensive mistake will usually end up in the net.
        To be fair, I'd say that they often end up in the net, but we have our own fair share of instances where we don't finish good opportunities. Luckily, we buried them in the 1st last night.
        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

I hate to tell you, but I really wasn't that impressed with their play. They executed when the Gophs made horrible play after horrible play when they weren't even being pressured much. They played well, but not great. And MN had poor defensive coverage. It wasn't like MN was outplayed by a team that controlled the play with superior play and effort. Playing well and taking advantage of some of the opponents many mistakes and lackadaisical play is a long ways away from being a team that will win the NCAA. It is unlikely that four NCAA tourney teams will come out and hand St. Cloud a period or two like MN did.
          Yeah, because good teams never take advantage of the opportunities they're given in a game. The Huskies had opportunities and buried them, that's what good teams do. The gophers had plenty of opportunities to score but didn't finish, that's what struggling teams do. At times the gophers did it to themselves and at times the Huskies forced the bad plays. In the first period the Huskies D was pressing deep into the offensive zone, moreso than I've ever seen from them in the past. It was a welcomed change and provided results. Maybe they pulled the reigns back after being up 3-0 but I hope they come out the same way tonight.

I personally can't stand when people make a comment like this. It's perfectly acceptable for someone to use "we" or "our" when talking about the team they support. Of course when you're bitter and upset about having an inferior team it's understandable that you need to find anything to complain about.

Last point, someone said the Huskies letting off the gas hasn't been happening as much this season. Oh yes it has. Fortunately they have the talent this year to hold on and get the close wins after letting a team back in the game. They have not done a good job of putting teams away when they have a chance and hopefully down the stretch run they can start to figure that out.
          Last edited by motox; 01-23-2010, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Yeah, you didn't know that?

Comment

At Mary Oochie, do they still do that mentally challenged, lamest cheer in college hockey? You know, the one where if they happen to score, they show their limited intelligence and lack of creativity by spelling the name of our state? I didn't hear it at the NHC last night. Of course, most of their fans have jumped off the bandwagon already.
              Bob is making me concerned
              I am the voice of reason

Comment

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...8_879872_n.jpg

Wooooooooooooog!

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
                  At Mary Oochie, do they still do that mentally challenged, lamest cheer in college hockey? You know, the one where if they happen to score, they show their limited intelligence and lack of creativity by spelling the name of our state? I didn't hear it at the NHC last night. Of course, most of their fans have jumped off the bandwagon already.
                  I think it's more intelligent than the "bullsh*" chant after a questionable call, like your primitive fans chanted last night. Clearly audible on tv, too. Stay classy.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

M = Mediocrity
                    Bob is making me concerned
                    I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
                      M = Mediocrity
                      StC: sucks the (rooster)
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

What's wrong with the UMTC sports teams this year? First they open a state of the art football facility and the team fails, they brought in a very good basketball coach and that team is in the process of failing, and now the hockey team is in 7th place. Ouch
                        SCSU!

Comment

Originally posted by startthebus View Post
                          Last night wasn't just a one night stand.
                          Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                          Sorry to break it to you... when he sobers up he's not gonna call you.
                          Well, no probably not, but he'll get to see Skeets again at the NHC.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            StC: sucks the (rooster)
                            Then the Gophers must really suck..

Comment

I agree, I wasn't too impressed with most of their play. BUT despite the Gophers having some defensive lapses that really cost them, SCSU also did a very good job on most of their goals. Very nicely executed, and didn't just capitalize on Gopher mistakes, but worked to put themselves in a position to capitalize....if that makes sense. All three of those 1st period goals were very well put together. I was impressed with how they looked around the Gopher goal.
                              I came away wondering how in the **** they only managed 4 goals at Quinnipiac last weekend.

Not much else to say. If the Gophers had come out and played a bit tidier in their own end in the first period, I think they could have earned a tie last night. This loss really sets them back. Have to try to make up this loss somewhere else, which is going to be incredibly difficult.
                              If the Gophers don't get 2 pts tonight, stick a fork in them.
                              Last edited by Stauber1; 01-23-2010, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                                Well, no probably not, but he'll get to see Skeets again at the NHC.
                                They are already having a virtual circlejerk in the Gophers season thread. I feel sorry for them, that this is the highlight of their season.

Comment

Working...
                                X