Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Huskies VS. Gophers . . .No Fancy Title Needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Huskies VS. Gophers . . .No Fancy Title Needed.

Originally posted by RockTheWhit View Post
    I think you're giving the tournament committee a little too much credit for factoring in geography. Their #1 priority is maintaining the "integrity" of the bracket as dictated by the pairwise rankings.
    The top 4 seeds are determined as follows:

If any 1 seeds are hosting, they're put in their region.

If not, the top overall seed goes in the closest regional to them.
    Second overall seed gets the closest of the 3 remaining.
    Third overall seed gest the closest of the 2 remaining.
    Fourth overall gets the last chair when the music stops.

The integrity is kept up later, but the overall number one earns the right to play close to home, as do the 2 and 3 to a lesser extent.

Originally posted by nuke View Post
    Don't ever give up Euro, don't ever give up.
    I'm not, I'm just saying there's a helluva lotta games and time between now and then, and its not too likely we end up in the 1 seed and are awarded the X for our efforts.
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by The Vicar View Post
      Speaking of seedings, Pwr, sos, and other assorted details. Did anyone notice that if the first round of the WCHA playoffs were to begin tonight, the rodents would be in our house. Somehow I can see that happening
      Yeah, but due to unbalanced schedules. We're a point behind CC in 3rd, but we've got two games in hand. If you go by winning %, we'd get an opponent who's never won a game at the NHC in Anchorage.

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
        Yeah, but due to unbalanced schedules. We're a point behind CC in 3rd, but we've got two games in hand. If you go by winning %, we'd get an opponent who's never won a game at the NHC in Anchorage.
        Works for me!
        There is Hope . . .

Comment

Speaking of seedings, Pwr, sos, and other assorted details. Did anyone notice that if the first round of the WCHA playoffs were to begin tonight, the rodents would be in our house. Somehow I can see that happening
          As much as seeing that happening, I don't want that to happen. That game was scary last night even with the 3-0 lead.

Comment

Just saying based on the points to date, nothing else. Most likely that senario would not work out but you never know........
            There is Hope . . .

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Beat Anyone View Post
              As much as seeing that happening, I don't want that to happen. That game was scary last night even with the 3-0 lead.
              Gee, if you can't handle that maybe the Huskies should drop out of the WCHA. Maybe the MIAC would take us? Bring em on!
              There is Hope . . .

Comment

Works for me!
                I think SCSU's goal has to be top 3. Barring a late surge/huge dropoff, UAA, MSU-M and MTU are the bottom 3 teams. You get a top 3 finish, you get one of them, and I don't think any of those three this year can win a playoff series. But you finish 4th or 5th, you're most likely getting awarded hosting, well any of the other squads not mentioned, and as it stands right now, quite possibly UND or MN. As bad as both of them have played at times, if they get hot, particularly their goalies, at the right time, they could steal 2 out of 3.

Comment

You may have singlehandidly taken this thread from sucking to salvagable.
                  titanic. ship. salvage.
                  oh lordie
                  St. Cloud State University - Stearns County's Pride On Ice

Comment

Last night wasn't just a one night stand.

Comment

Gee, if you can't handle that maybe the Huskies should drop out of the WCHA. Maybe the MIAC would take us? Bring em on!
                      I like when we play the Gophers, but I can always see Huskies blowing a huge lead. Especially when they go into that stupid defense sh*t that never works. Except I got to say, they haven't been doing it much this year.

Comment

Originally posted by startthebus View Post
                        Last night wasn't just a one night stand.
                        Sorry to break it to you... when he sobers up he's not gonna call you.

Comment

"We want them on that wall, we need them on that wall!" We exist under the very blanket of hockey bliss that the rodents provide. We either say thankyou or pick up an attitude and defend our honor, either way I don't give a !@#$% what they're entitled to!
                          There is Hope . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                            1. If SCSU plays like they did in the 1st period the rest of the way, they could win the NCAA Title.
                            I hate to tell you, but I really wasn't that impressed with their play. They executed when the Gophs made horrible play after horrible play when they weren't even being pressured much. They played well, but not great. And MN had poor defensive coverage. It wasn't like MN was outplayed by a team that controlled the play with superior play and effort. Playing well and taking advantage of some of the opponents many mistakes and lackadaisical play is a long ways away from being a team that will win the NCAA. It is unlikely that four NCAA tourney teams will come out and hand St. Cloud a period or two like MN did.

Comment

What were the Wild thinking drafting Leddy...He really looked like he had no idea what was going on last night.

I'll go ahead and assume that the crowd got to him.

Comment

Originally posted by startthebus View Post
                                What were the Wild thinking drafting Leddy...He really looked like he had no idea what was going on last night.

I'll go ahead and assume that the crowd got to him.

Leddy is one of our better defensemen and I thought he moved the puck just fine last night, the D as a whole played terrible in the 1st period and got slightly better as the game went on. I don't think Leddy is our problem.
                                Originally posted by CavalryNate
                                Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X