Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Huskies VS. Gophers . . .No Fancy Title Needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Huskies VS. Gophers . . .No Fancy Title Needed.

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
    I would suspect most SCSU fans primarily want to beat the Gophers because of their long standing rivalry with the UMN and secondly position in the standings. It makes them feel like they finally have a meaningful existence. For Gopher fans, SCSU is not much of a rivalry. They're more like a nuisance.

Do not presume to tell me how I should or should not feel!

Nice job on the usage of primarily. Maybe you can teach that to Frank and the Wooger.

I've felt like I had a meaningful existence ever since I became a dad, but beating the Gophers always reinforces my self worth I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
      I would suspect most SCSU fans primarily want to beat the Gophers because of their long standing rivalry with the UMN and secondly position in the standings. It makes them feel like they finally have a meaningful existence. For Gopher fans, SCSU is not much of a rivalry. They're more like a nuisance.
      Pouring milk on your Arrogance this morning?

Comment

Holy decipering the PWR. If I am correct, which is not often, it's not unrealistic to think that the Huskies could get the #1 seed in the Gophers own home town region...particularly with their schedule the rest of the way. Wouldn't it be totally wild to have tBSU and tJBSU battling for that position instead of the royal tUMD? man, the gut laugh hurts!

Comment

Originally posted by nuke View Post
          Do not presume to tell me how I should or should not feel!
          Did Jan wake up on the wrong side of the bed?
          Originally posted by CavalryNate
          Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
          sigpic

Comment

I was really impressed with the gophers, the speed, the puck movement, the shooting, the goal tending. If they play like they did last night, they'll be mediocre in no time. Good luck on your rise to mediocrity, you slimy rodents.
            Bob is making me concerned
            I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
              ...Good thing for the Huskies the Gophers suck and they squeak out a ugly win. Lee will be in net tomorrow night so hopefully he plays better than Dunn. If that happens the Huskies should sweep....
              Gophers will take it tonight at Marriuci or they know they're out of it for the year. Home Ice, crowd will be into it like last Saturday, get ahead early and don't let up. There's a lot of pride in playing at home, especially this year.

Comment

Originally posted by ex_goldy View Post
                Gophers will take it tonight at Marriuci or they know they're out of it for the year. Home Ice, crowd will be into it like last Saturday, get ahead early and don't let up. There's a lot of pride in playing at home, especially this year.
                Yet the Gophers are .500 overall and below .500 in the conference at home.
                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                  Did Jan wake up on the wrong side of the bed?

Nope, just thought it was funny a Gophers fan was stating how most Huskies fans feel. It's actually a quote from Titanic said by the very hot Kate Winslet. Plus I slept on a fold out chair at the hospital last night so there was only one way to get out.

Comment

Originally posted by ex_goldy View Post
                    First off, you guys need to get a crowd that will get off sitting on their hands. Secondly, other than last year, SCSU's had decent success at Mariucci... much better than say the DECC or Kohl Center as of late.

Originally posted by nuke View Post
                    Nope, just thought it was funny a Gophers fan was stating how most Huskies fans feel. It's actually a quote from Titanic said by the very hot Kate Winslet.
                    Did... did you just admit to quoting Titanic?!? As much as I wanna hate that... I have to admit that's pretty **** funny. You may have singlehandidly taken this thread from sucking to salvagable.
                    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by wchaforever View Post
                      Holy decipering the PWR. If I am correct, which is not often, it's not unrealistic to think that the Huskies could get the #1 seed in the Gophers own home town region...particularly with their schedule the rest of the way. Wouldn't it be totally wild to have tBSU and tJBSU battling for that position instead of the royal tUMD? man, the gut laugh hurts!
                      Whoa, whoa, whoa... let's slow down there a second. First, let's qualify for the **** tournament. Second, we're gonna need to play pretty lights out to get a 1 seed. While getting to play CC and UW again which is nice for our SOS, that'll balance out with MSU-M and UAA, and UND may not help there as much as they usually do. Not to mention, doesn't matter how tough our schedule is unless we put up a good record down the stretch, including playoffs, and I'd say to get a 1 seed we'd need to get into the last 4 of the Final 5.

Then, we'd not only need to get a one, but be ahead of DU, CC, UW, BSU and tUMD if they were also a 1, because they'd all be closest to St. Paul as well, and we'd need to either jump Miami or hope they get their first slot in the Midwest Regional instead of somebody like Michigan or Ferris State making a huge run and stealing the Indy region.

I like the optimism, but man, getting a 1 seed and getting placed in St. Paul is... well I won't go as far to say longshot but WAY down the road, especially with how much things can change due to games you wouldn't even consider to involve us. Let's just try to get a sweep tonight and go from there.
                      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

I figure we can get a #1 seed if we win the Final 5.
                        St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                          Then, we'd not only need to get a one, but be ahead of DU, CC, UW, BSU and tUMD if they were also a 1, because they'd all be closest to St. Paul as well, and we'd need to either jump Miami or hope they get their first slot in the Midwest Regional instead of somebody like Michigan or Ferris State making a huge run and stealing the Indy region.
                          I think you're giving the tournament committee a little too much credit for factoring in geography. Their #1 priority is maintaining the "integrity" of the bracket as dictated by the pairwise rankings.
                          "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                            Did... did you just admit to quoting Titanic?!? As much as I wanna hate that... I have to admit that's pretty **** funny. You may have singlehandidly taken this thread from sucking to salvagable.
                            Don't ever give up Euro, don't ever give up.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                              I figure we can get a #1 seed if we win the Final 5.
                              Because then you can be the highest ranked tourney team to never with an F4 tournament game?
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Speaking of seedings, Pwr, sos, and other assorted details. Did anyone notice that if the first round of the WCHA playoffs were to begin tonight, the rodents would be in our house. Somehow I can see that happening
                                There is Hope . . .

Comment

Working...
                                X