Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Huskies VS. Gophers . . .No Fancy Title Needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Huskies VS. Gophers . . .No Fancy Title Needed.

Originally posted by HumRsky View Post
    Well, we survived our nightly terrible period again. Our luck will run out sooner, not later, if we don't get that fixed.
    MN should change their offensive strategy and just fire pucks from bad angles. They clearly can't score from the middle of the *'ing slot.

And Fischer should never play again - he is horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by motox View Post
      He made some big saves but he also let in two softies. Especialy Lucia's goal.
      What two softies? The first was soft, though it happens even to the best from time to time. The second deflected off a skate, what was he supposed to do there? And the third was Gophers getting the puck into the crease, then banging it home before we could pop it out. I know Dunn ended up putting it in, but I wouldn't call that soft.
      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
        And Fischer should never play again - he is horrible.
        I'll agree with that. He did look pretty horrible. For the Huskies Taylor Johnson seemed to be a little anxious out there a few times and Hanowski was definitely holding on to the stick too tight.

Huskies goals were goal scorer goals. Gophers not so much but it really doesn't matter how they go in. Tomorrow should be another great game.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
          What two softies? The first was soft, though it happens even to the best from time to time. The second deflected off a skate, what was he supposed to do there? And the third was Gophers getting the puck into the crease, then banging it home before we could pop it out. I know Dunn ended up putting it in, but I wouldn't call that soft.
          First one was horrible, should never happen. Wasn't the second one deflected up off his own stick and over his shoulder? Maybe not but that's what I thought I saw. I probably missed a few of the replays. He looked shaky in the 2nd period after letting that first one in. Glad he stepped up in the 3rd. He's been doing that all year.

Comment

Originally posted by motox View Post
            First one was horrible, should never happen. Wasn't the second one deflected up off his own stick and over his shoulder? Maybe not but that's what I thought I saw. I probably missed a few of the replays. He looked shaky in the 2nd period after letting that first one in. Glad he stepped up in the 3rd. He's been doing that all year.
            That's what the second one did.

And SCCC exposed every flaw in MN's ahem...."defense."

To me, it seemed like the 3rd period looked like a standard 1st period: hesitant, feeling out each other (how the opponent is defending/attacking), etc. The first two periods were just pressure pressure pressure by both sides. Just going balls out.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

1. If SCSU plays like they did in the 1st period the rest of the way, they could win the NCAA Title.

2. If they play like they did in the 2nd period, they might not make the playoffs.
              St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

If they play with the same intensity, I gotta figure the Gophs have a pretty good chance to win. Switch to Minneapolis, strong end to the game tonight while coming up short and SCSU is now PWR 4...the Gophs know this.
                Go Gophers!

Comment

It was almost like they blew their wad in the first. Thankfully Eddy kept going in the second.
                  "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                  Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                  Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    To me, it seemed like the 3rd period looked like a standard 1st period: hesitant, feeling out each other (how the opponent is defending/attacking), etc. The first two periods were just pressure pressure pressure by both sides. Just going balls out.
                    Agreed, action was up and down the first two periods. Huskies really buried the chances they had in the first. Fortunately the goofs made a number of mistakes but our D was really up into the offensive zone in the 1st putting pressure on. They need to keep that up.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                      If they play with the same intensity, I gotta figure the Gophs have a pretty good chance to win. Switch to Minneapolis, strong end to the game tonight while coming up short and SCSU is now PWR 4...the Gophs know this.
                      I'd say the Gophers would have home ice advantage, but they could play in an empty arena and it'd be the same atmosphere.

Also, I got a kick out of how the Gopher can spell...but they can't count so good.
                      Last edited by Dude Love; 01-22-2010, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        CC to DL, since he still thinks a bet is going on between us. Stupid SCCC fan.
                        Not really. But saying "I love free bacon!" is way funnier than "You guys look like total garbage."

Comment

This was a huge win for Huskies, we needed to come out with some points and we did so far. Hopefully we can add 2 more tomorrow night.

Comment

One of the more exciting games I've seen in a long while. I'd rather the team just put it away in the second instead of having the usual meltdown, but it worked out in the end.

And it was great to meet jazzam and hang out with him during the game.

Comment

Dunn let in two of the worst goals you will ever see and let the Gophers back in the game. Good thing for the Huskies the Gophers suck and they squeak out a ugly win. Lee will be in net tomorrow night so hopefully he plays better than Dunn. If that happens the Huskies should sweep.

On a side note. I agree with Don Lyons Lasch has started to play much better two way hockey. Funny how that happens when a guy gets called out and his daddy has to come to his aid. Speaking of that can someone please explain the hsuky back check for me?
                              Last edited by scsutommyboy; 01-22-2010, 11:25 PM.
                              I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                                Dunn let in two of the worst goals you will ever see and let a the Gopher team back in the game.
                                So you are saying they were two "softies" he let in?
                                Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                                dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                                wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Working...
                                X