Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Huskies VS. Gophers . . .No Fancy Title Needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Huskies VS. Gophers . . .No Fancy Title Needed.

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
    Thanks for your token response to my lame token posts. You've made me so very happy. Thanks again.

Peace and love to all my hockey brethren.
    Boner's up!
    SCSU!

Comment

Originally posted by Husky4Life View Post
      Boner's up!
      Now there's a token lame response if ever there was one!

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
        Who is your biggest rival? NCAA wins?
        UMD.
        St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
          UMD.
          I dislike UMD most. Number one rival is a tough one to define because I think it can change year to year even for teams like the Gophers.
          I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Easy . . it's the Gophers, the demand for tickets, the atmosphere at NHC, the hype leading up to the game.

Not even close.
            SCSU!

Comment

Easy . . it's the Gophers, the demand for tickets, the atmosphere at NHC, the hype leading up to the game.

Not even close.
              So that makes them the number one rival for who? You?

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                I dislike UMD most. Number one rival is a tough one to define because I think it can change year to year even for teams like the Gophers.

Not even close.
                Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                So that makes them the number one rival for who? You?
                For me UMD isnt even in the top 3 maybe its because they havent been very good in the last few years. For me its;
                1. gophers
                2. UND
                3. UW
                after that UMD and Kato are close with the beavers probably joining this group next year.
                Originally posted by Mankato student
                Are their innings or quarters in this sport?
                "Bush and Paulson and Greenspan and their clique are “free marketeers” in the same way that Olive Garden is an Italian restaurant."
                -- Peter Klein

Comment

God am I pumped for this series!

Comment

My biggest rival is fleet enema, although they really can't compete with my colo-rooter. That is, if you know anything about colon cleansing.

This poem I composed exclusively for rodent fans:

Hickory Dickory Dock
                    Your team sucks
                    Bob is making me concerned
                    I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by ts8801 View Post
                      For me UMD isnt even in the top 3 maybe its because they havent been very good in the last few years. For me its;
                      1. gophers
                      2. UND
                      3. UW
                      after that UMD and Kato are close with the beavers probably joining this group next year.
                      I'd put UMD second, even though they're not nearly as good year in and year out as UND and UW, though I could see somebody putting UND ahead of them, but as for "rivalries" I don't see how you could put them behind UW. And how are they even CLOSE to MSU-M? And until we get some conference history, you cant even mention BSU with UMD yet.
                      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by ts8801 View Post
                        1. gophers
                        2. UND
                        3. UW
                        Are you high?

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

In terms of fan interest and tickets sold, I would put Gophers 1, UND 2, and probably Wisconsin 3. I don't think people that aren't on USCHO consider UMD that big of a rival. I know that, other than people on the USCHO boards, UMD doesn't consider SCSU a particularly rival. There is a big drop-off in attendance at SCSU games at the DECC from UM, UND, and UW, and that is despite the fact that you have to pay premium prices for the big 3 and not (anymore) for SCSU.
                          SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
                          UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
                          Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
                          Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
                          UMD Football: 2008, 2010
                          UMD Men: 2011

Comment

Originally posted by HumRsky View Post
                            In terms of fan interest and tickets sold, I would put Gophers 1, UND 2, and probably Wisconsin 3. I don't think people that aren't on USCHO consider UMD that big of a rival. I know that, other than people on the USCHO boards, UMD doesn't consider SCSU a particularly rival. There is a big drop-off in attendance at SCSU games at the DECC from UM, UND, and UW, and that is despite the fact that you have to pay premium prices for the big 3 and not (anymore) for SCSU.
                            So the two teams SCSU considers its biggest rivals, the Gophers and Duluth, don't reciprocate the feeling at all.

I think that says all that needs to be said

Comment

You obviously didn't read what I said about Duluth. I think that it is a rivalry mainly among board members, (and I know DHG hates St. Cloud more than Minnesota) but both schools are fourth to the other among the general population. Other "rivals" draw more interest, but most St. Cloud fans know that we have to hang a few banners before any true rivalries develop.
                              SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
                              UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
                              Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
                              Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
                              UMD Football: 2008, 2010
                              UMD Men: 2011

Comment

Originally posted by HumRsky View Post
                                Other "rivals" draw more interest, but most St. Cloud fans know that we have to hang a few banners before any true rivalries develop.
                                Don't hold your breath

Sorry that was too easy. I had to
                                Last edited by Biddco; 01-20-2010, 09:04 PM.
                                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
                                X