Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Huskies VS. Gophers . . .No Fancy Title Needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Huskies VS. Gophers . . .No Fancy Title Needed.

Skeets, anytime we have to play a D3 team like the rodents, it will hurt our pairwise ranking.

Don Lucia shovels my sidewalk
    There is Hope . . .

Comment

Cowboys win one playoff game and everyone says they are unbeatable.

The gophers beat one decent opponent and their fans think they turn this season around.
      Originally posted by Mankato student
      Are their innings or quarters in this sport?
      "Bush and Paulson and Greenspan and their clique are “free marketeers” in the same way that Olive Garden is an Italian restaurant."
      -- Peter Klein

Comment

Where's Jocksniff?
        Bob is making me concerned
        I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by ts8801 View Post

The gophers beat one decent opponent and their fans think they turn this season around.
          Solid attempt at a comparison, but wrong. I don't think most of us Gophs fans believe the Gophers turned their season around by beating a depleted UND team at home. They did take a step in the right direction though, something they have struggled to do all season long. Getting swept by SCSU next weekend would make this weekend for naught. Again, most rational Gopher fans realize that we need 3 points or better out of almost every series from here on out, and no getting swept, which will be a tall order.

Comment

Couple of quick notes. Novak was out Saturday with a "minor" "upper body" injury. Status for this week unknown yet. Volpai is expected to be "available" if needed. I am looking forward to joining the "traditional" weekly gang on these threads, and even adding some "hockey" in with the witt, sarcasm, and attempted comedy. And the other 87% of the posts. Should be a fun series with actual flow and end to end action. DEATH to the trap!!!!!!! Go Huskies!!!!!!

Comment

Despite how bad the Gophers have been you're awesome 4th place team is only 4 pts up. Can you explain that?
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                Despite how bad the Gophers have been you're awesome 4th place team is only 4 pts up. Can you explain that?
                Can you explain the juxtaposition of "you're" for "your"?
                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Reverse Sanity View Post
                  Couple of quick notes. Novak was out Saturday with a "minor" "upper body" injury. Status for this week unknown yet. Volpai is expected to be "available" if needed. I am looking forward to joining the "traditional" weekly gang on these threads, and even adding some "hockey" in with the witt, sarcasm, and attempted comedy. And the other 87% of the posts. Should be a fun series with actual flow and end to end action. DEATH to the trap!!!!!!! Go Huskies!!!!!!
                  Do "you" know what's "awesome?" "People" who "overuse" "quotes."
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    Do "you" know what's "awesome?" "People" who "overuse" "quotes."
                    You're going after our n00bs for quotation marks?

Where are we watching the games sir, I believe I still owe you a beer.
                    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                      You're going after our n00bs for quotation marks?

Where are we watching the games sir, I believe I still owe you a beer.
                      I haven't thought that far ahead yet, good man.

And the noobs have to learn somehow.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Who did the gophers beat that was decent?

Comment

Originally posted by ex_goldy View Post
                          Who did the gophers beat that was decent?
                          FIGHTING Sioux.
                          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Should be a couple of good games this weekend. I didn't see the Friday night UND/MN game but if the Gopher team that showed up on Saturday, Kangas in particular, shows up this weekend, they're going to have a good shot at making up some ground. It certainly won't be easy, but they've at least got a shot.

To two good games this weekend.

...And Hockey Day Minnesota on Saturday!
                            04-05 Pick Your Bow(e)ls Champion
                            USCHO Virtual Stock Exchange Guru

Originally posted by Dirty
                            I don't think you're weird, just a completely worthless sack of monkey poo.
                            Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing
                            I am saying it right here. ajoyce is the HA guru.

Comment

Originally posted by STC_for_me View Post
                              one good game against the Sioux, and some gopher fans think they are 100% back and are going to win the league,final five, and the ncaa's.
                              It's amazing how fast some teams transition from bottom-feeders to world-beaters.
                              St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

I don't know what is more fun, winning at home in front of our people, or winning at Oochi and getting the old, slow, rich folk all stirred up?
                                SCSU!

Comment

Working...
                                X