Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Huskies VS. Gophers . . .No Fancy Title Needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Huskies VS. Gophers . . .No Fancy Title Needed.

30 minutes into gameday and 2nd page? Fail.

Originally posted by HumRsky View Post
    You obviously didn't read what I said about Duluth. I think that it is a rivalry mainly among board members, (and I know DHG hates St. Cloud more than Minnesota) but both schools are fourth to the other among the general population. Other "rivals" draw more interest, but most St. Cloud fans know that we have to hang a few banners before any true rivalries develop.
    Yeah, but to be fair, DHG also hates logical reasoning more than Minnesota.

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
    That is a really lame bet.
    Agreed.

Originally posted by Turk 77 View Post
    Im not gonna be there this weekend thats a frist for me in awhile. TB say hi to my SCSU friends . The Hussies are better than the Gophers this year and they are due . Have a great weekend
    Turk, cool it! You are going to have your Gopher fandom stripped for lacking arrogance.

Originally posted by Runninwiththedogs View Post
    I'm not cheering for the Gophers this weekend, but cheering against St, Cloooud as they are closer in the standings.
    And Gopher Nation rejoices wildly...
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Then DL? We have no bet. Since you are out to embarrass a fellow fan, I want no part of it.

Euro knows how it's done. We have a beer riding on the series. A single beer. Much less important than the lb of bacon or a sixer, etc. And no matter the outcome, we'll BS about hockey and the series and not want to kill each other (or ourselves) over it. You fail. Yet again. Although you should be used to it by now, being an SCSU fan to begin with.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        It's supposed to be a friendly bet, you choad donut. I don't like making "pay up or Vince here is gonna break your knees" bets. I like fun bets where it adds to the game.
        Buying each other a pound of meat does not seem like a lot of fun. I don't even really like bacon.
        St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Will there be any gopher fans at the game?
          Bob is making me concerned
          I am the voice of reason

Comment

I don't even really like bacon.
            Go back to Russia!
            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Gameday

Forwards

Jared Festler-Aaron Marvin-Ryan Lasch
              Tony Mosey-Garrett Roe-David Eddy
              Ben Hanowski-Drew LeBlanc-Brian Volpei
              Jordy Christian-Nick Oslund-Ryan Peckskamp

Defense

Chris Hepp-Garrett Raboin
              Craig Gaudet-Sam Zabkowicz
              Oliver Lauridsen-Taylor Johnson

Goalies

Dan Dunn
              Mike Lee
              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

So Alex Kangas weighs in on the "Sieve, You Suck" controversy.

From today's Strib story:

An e-mail to Pound leaders from the school officials urged the 400 students in those two sections to drop their traditional chant after a Huskies goal, which is, "Sieve! You (a short word meaning to draw in by creating a vacuum)!"

The e-mail recommended instead, "Sieve! We rock!"

Alex Kangas, for one, doesn't care what the Huskies fans chant.

"They can say whatever they want," said Kangas, who will be in goal for the Gophers on Friday night at the National Sports Center when the WCHA rivals open a home-and-home series. "They are the ones paying the money to go to games and watch our team play.''
                Good answer, though I guess he's wrong about paying money since the students get in free.

Comment

actually the students pay athletic fees, so technically the are paying for their seats, but I digress
                  A Viking, no A Husky fan... nothing like being a professional student

I will always be proud to be a husky fan!

Comment

Buying each other a pound of meat does not seem like a lot of fun. I don't even really like bacon.
                    So instead you like sausages.
                    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                      From today's Strib story:
                      Wait, did that article say "WCHA Rivals?" That's crazy talk.

Kangas, I'd just worry about the 4 goals you're going to give up tonight. Whatever the chant, we know you'll be hearing "Sieve" often!

Comment

Originally posted by motox View Post
                        Wait, did that article say "WCHA Rivals?" That's crazy talk.

Kangas, I'd just worry about the 4 goals you're going to give up tonight. Whatever the chant, we know you'll be hearing "Sieve" often!
                        They are both in the WCHA and therefore rivals. It didn't say important, or major rivals. Just rivals.

How'd that work out for you lately? What was the record between these teams for like the last 6 games?

Comment

It will be fun to watch the slumping rodents slink back to their gopher hole known as Mary Oochie.
                          Bob is making me concerned
                          I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                            They are both in the WCHA and therefore rivals. It didn't say important, or major rivals. Just rivals.

How'd that work out for you lately? What was the record between these teams for like the last 6 games?
                            Really, so Mich Tech and UAA are "rivals" and next year UNO will become a rival? Interesting to learn how the rodent fans think.

Now you're sounding like Sioux fans living in the past. Your team hasn't been good since Woog's guys left.

Comment

In regards to the Sucktroversy, SCSU fans should use this as an opportunity for find a creative compromise, rather than just curse out admin for not letting you curse (although I DO think that banning "suck" is way overboard since it's such a commonly used phrase in all facets of life these days). "We Rock!" is totally lame-o, but I'm sure we can think of something better like:

Sieves...are tools
                              Whore!!..We Score!!!
                              or Slut!!...we score!!! if someone finds the other offensive, this might seem more acceptable to a larger number of people.
                              SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
                              UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
                              Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
                              Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
                              UMD Football: 2008, 2010
                              UMD Men: 2011

Comment

Sorry goldy, but last years games mean nothing tonight. New year, new teams, and at least for us, new goalies as you've barely seen Dunn and haven't seen Lee. Only thing last years games might mean is motivation, but there ought to be enough motivation already with these two teams.
                                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X