Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota @ Clarkson & St.Lawrence: 10/28 & 10/29

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
    Relax Charlie Manson, before you go out and start running over people in your Yugo. Serial killing isn't the way son.
    I don't hurt people. I just teach kittens how to swim. While in burlap sacks.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Happy
      Do you have a stalker?
      Not anymore.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
        I believe SLU archives games, but you'd have to spend $8 to watch a replay (through Boxcast), though it is a free stream. I haven't looked at it myself, but I believe I've read that elsewhere.

Clarkson info I'll leave to joecct.
        So is there such thing as an easy freeware that would allow one to record a live stream to watch later?

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
          So is there such thing as an easy freeware that would allow one to record a live stream to watch later?
          No idea at all. Google might be your friend there, because I'm not going to do the legwork for that one.

Comment

A suggestion was made in our thread that if you're able to start the broadcast and then pause it, you could probably come back hours later and start it again. I think that you can FWIW.

Break a leg tonight goofs!

I mean that literally, btw.
            Originally posted by WiscTJK
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
            Originally posted by Timothy A
            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Love the way Minnesota plays the game! Fast, skilled and no b.s. after the whistle. Tonite was fun to call on the radio and fun to watch.

Comment

Both free streams were solid. Something we're not used to getting for free at a big school.

Comment

Originally posted by elsid View Post
                  Love the way Minnesota plays the game! Fast, skilled and no b.s. after the whistle. Tonite was fun to call on the radio and fun to watch.
                  Nice job and very fair, assuming you were the announcer on the internet stream. One nitpick: it's Justin "Kluuus" (one syllable) not Justin "Clue-es".
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by elsid View Post
                    Even though the Gophers controlled much of the play I feel like they stole a W from SLU. Your squad had several scoring chances that could have easily put the Gophers away and I enjoyed watching the feed. The stream PBP guy was very solid. Talked a bit too much about the refs for my taste (he was not whining though - his criticisms were neutral) but he called a solid, no-nonsense game, was very complimentary of the visitors and you could tell he was prepped. The color guy never said more than 2 consecutive words though.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                      Nice job and very fair, assuming you were the announcer on the internet stream. One nitpick: it's Justin "Kluuus" (one syllable) not Justin "Clue-es".
                      This.

A little bit of homerism on the stream announcing for a small stretch, but recovered nicely. In general, the MN fans on GPL enjoyed the call.

Some humorous segments, too, especially about realizing the TV coverage we have here. "29 out of 36 games? That's a different animal, wouldn't you say?"

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                        Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        Even though the Gophers controlled much of the play I feel like they stole a W from SLU. Your squad had several scoring chances that could have easily put the Gophers away and I enjoyed watching the feed. The stream PBP guy was very solid. Talked a bit too much about the refs for my taste (he was not whining though - his criticisms were neutral) but he called a solid, no-nonsense game, was very complimentary of the visitors and you could tell he was prepped. The color guy never said more than 2 consecutive words though.
                        elsid is SLU's retired SID Wally Johnson, who continues to do color on (most) of the broadcasts, if not all, despite his retirement last season. One of the all-time great SID's.

With the Kloos thing, I'd guess it's mostly the way the line chart pronunciation guide reads: "clue-ss".

The stream utilizes the radio broadcast for the audio feed, so it's always humorous when the radio takes a ad break, but the mic's stay "hot" for the stream. You never know what you'll hear.

Glad you guys enjoyed the streams, from most reports. I'm looking forward to the next few years including MN and Wisconsin on the schedule, though it's broken up.
                        Last edited by hockeyplayer1015; 10-29-2016, 09:49 PM.

Comment

With the Kloos thing, I'd guess it's mostly the way the line chart pronunciation guide reads: "clue-ss".
                          Who in the hell wrote that? hahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                            Who in the hell wrote that? hahahahaha
                            Good question, somebody from the Gophers I imagine.

https://***********/SLUHockeyEquip/status/792482714263883776/photo/1
                            Last edited by hockeyplayer1015; 10-29-2016, 11:13 PM.

Comment

I know but we need to shame that person. You don't have to do a pronunciation for something that sounds like it looks...

Comment

Nothing to add about the actually hockey that was played. Just want to echo the statements regarding the video feeds from both Clarkson and St Lawrence. Both were beyond acceptable and ran flawlessly for us on both nights. Thanks to all who run those feeds at said schools! Honestly can't even believe those were free feeds.
                                "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X