Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota vs St Cloud State - Home/Home October 21 & 22

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
    Well that was depressingly familiar as a Lucia coached team looked like they had plenty of skill but no grit. Meanwhile a Motchko team looked like they had plenty of both.

Hope they can turn it around tonight, but not optimistic based in recent past.
    Well said. Frankly I'll be very surprised in they can turn it around tonight. Not shocked, but very surprised.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Why would you be surprised? This is not last year's team despite the setback last night. If anything it's a wake up call for the younger kids that prevent doesn't work. Last season they don't take 2 up in AK and they sure as hell don't put up 5 on SCSU. So while last night sucked I'm eternally optimistic until I have reason not to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
        Why would you be surprised? This is not last year's team despite the setback last night. If anything it's a wake up call for the younger kids that prevent doesn't work. Last season they don't take 2 up in AK and they sure as hell don't put up 5 on SCSU. So while last night sucked I'm eternally optimistic until I have reason not to be.
        Just going with what I witnessed last night. I would expect St. Cloud to continue the momentum on their home ice. Gophers will need to capitalize on their Grade A scoring opportunities (there won't be as many) plus they'll need to defend in their own zone LOTS better THE WHOLE GAME. I just not confident the team can do both at this point in the season. Hope they prove me wrong!

Comment

Gophers up 2-0 at the 1st intermission. Huskies blew a lot of good chances and goaltending is still pretty shaky. :|

Comment

Once again Gophers cannot hold a lead and it's tied 2-2 after two. Lots of standing around, watching, reaching, not competing and not just losing battles but not even battling. All too often Schierhorn's been left hung out to dry.

Game's not over, but if they keep what they're doing it will be before long.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
              Well that was depressingly familiar as a Lucia coached team looked like they had plenty of skill but no grit. Meanwhile a Motzko team looked like they had plenty of both.

Hope they can turn it around tonight, but not optimistic based in recent past.
              Who's got the better country club? Lucia or Red Berenson?
              CCHA 4 LIFE

Comment

Good job, Gophers. Better luck next year.
                Originally posted by SJHovey
                Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                Originally posted by Brenthoven
                We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

After the debacle in Mankato last weekend I was real down on my team. Glad to see all is still right in the world. Gopher rejects, Jan Brady, at least we can win a game outside of Alaska. Just imagine if we played in a conference with Ohio State and Sandusky.

Comment

Originally posted by Pump It Up View Post
                    After the debacle in Mankato last weekend I was real down on my team. Glad to see all is still right in the world.
                    Kato is a good team coached by a St. Cloud alum. I was not surprised that this young St. Cloud team struggled on the road, first weekend of the regular season.

However, the good guys may have found their starting goalie with freshman Driscoll. Lately I have told many that St. Cloud will struggle this year; but, Motzko will have this exciting team playing as well as any team by March 2017.

Comment

Walking out of the arena last night I heard this being shouted over the din the crowd, "It's tough to win when you're playing six-on-five the entire time!"

Yup. That's what happened. Sure.

It was good to see Driscoll shape up after the first period. While he can't be held responsible for both of those goals last night, he looked nervous. It seemed like there was a switch in his mindset after that second goal, like he settled down and just decided to play. That said, he needs to figure out how to keep his stick in his hand. He dropped it three times last night.

Some of SCSU's D took some odd gamble during Gopher rushes and transitions, putting their partners on islands or creating what could have been - should have turned into - breakaway opportunities. That said, there's some promise in the new kids. I mostly liked what I saw in Ahcan.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Over the years I have watched these two teams go at it and always enjoyed the rivalry. This weekend was no exception and again college hockey proved to be the most exciting hockey ever. Example, Friday night's comeback. GO HUSKIES!!!!!! Although I'm a Hockey "Eastah" I can't wait for the UND vs. UMD matchup next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          Walking out of the arena last night I heard this being shouted over the din the crowd, "It's tough to win when you're playing six-on-five the entire time!"
                          Probably the same singular idiot Gopher fan sitting by me yelling the whole game. It's not a surprise to me anymore why people would rather just watch games at home in HD and not have to sit by hockey "experts".

Comment

Working...
                          X