Minnesota vs St Cloud State - Home/Home October 21 & 22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    When it's $600/ticket face value, probably less than half full. Couldn't see the game since I don't have cable, and can't trust the U's attendance reports since it includes all unused tickets too.

My brother was chirping at me when the second intermission came and the Gophers had the lead. He didn't send anything to me until then end came and I was asking him how it ended. He didn't want to talk about it.
    This happened to me at the Final Five a few years back.. 3-0 rodents and they were rolling.. I never responded, UND scored 6 straight, I replied after the game with a and it was awesome.
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Re: Minnesota vs St Cloud State - Home/Home October 21 & 22

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
      This happened to me at the Final Five a few years back.. 3-0 rodents and they were rolling.. I never responded, UND scored 6 straight, I replied after the game with a and it was awesome.
      http://www.undsports.com/mediaPortal...3500&id=856774

Comment

All of this late night nostalgia just makes me miss the Final Five. We shall never see its like again.

Comment

Originally posted by Pump It Up View Post
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEjQf9Pdh3c

I'm a big "pics or it didn't happen" guy. Unless this is some weird after the fact didn't happen like the 1997 Final Four. I remember Bobby Jackson and Sam Jacobson playing in that tournament, but the NCAA dictates that I never saw those things.
          You must be new here. It. Didn't. Happen. Period.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            You must be new here. It. Didn't. Happen. Period.
            Join date: Oct 2007. You must be a Trump voter. As we all know, reality has a well known anti-Gopher bias.

Comment

Join date: Oct 2007. You must be a Trump voter. As we all know, reality has a well known anti-Gopher bias.
              Seriously, GTeFFO with the politics.

And join date doesn't mean you're not a noob.

That. Game. Never. Happened. Period. We've been beat by SCSU before, it happens, it's all good. But that game never existed.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Seriously, GTeFFO with the politics.

And join date doesn't mean you're not a noob.

That. Game. Never. Happened. Period. We've been beat by SCSU before, it happens, it's all good. But that game never existed.
                Fine. Fair enough. I will admit that the political talk was not necessary. 6-5 happened though.

Comment

Fine. Fair enough. I will admit that the political talk was not necessary. 6-5 happened though.
                  It did. Kudos to SCSU. Tomorrow's game should be very interesting for both teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pump It Up View Post
                    Let's not bring that into it. None of the 4 are great candidates
                    Originally posted by SJHovey
                    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                    Originally posted by Brenthoven
                    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                      This tops the 8-7 game at the final five for me.
                      No. That Final Five game was better.

Took a buddy to the Wild game last Saturday and saw those same Xcel Center leather chairs in which I sat in during the OT. That game put me in an absolutely physically exhausted condition.

However, tonight's win was good. I enjoyed Ben Clymer's blank facial expression during the TV wrap up after the game. At least the goofers don't act completely shocked when St. Cloud beats them.

Comment

God awful crowd 11 minutes into the game as I'm watching the replay. The Goofs and their limosene crowd would be better off playing games at a 1,000 capacity facility like OSU Ice Arena.
                        CCHA 4 LIFE

Comment

That. Game. Never. Happened. Period.
                          Oh... it happened.

As did the day after. And the week after.

Never forget.

Not sure a season ever ended better for all concerned than 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Dream No. 2 View Post
                            God awful crowd 11 minutes into the game as I'm watching the replay. The Goofs and their limosene crowd would be better off playing games at a 1,000 capacity facility like OSU Ice Arena.
                            Troll.

Homecoming parade which closed some streets, and Kesha at TCF. By all accounts, MAJOR traffic jams all around, delayed much of the crowd. Quite the sh*show.

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                              6 straight . . . .06--it all cuts both ways. Pucks bounce, get tipped, find holes, and it all can change so fast. That's part of what makes college hockey so fun. Heartbreak is part of the package, and it will happen to you.

That said, gopher fans have to deal with occasional heartbreak and being ugly both, yet they keep yapping. You have to respect that.

Comment

• Well that was depressingly familiar as a Lucia coached team looked like they had plenty of skill but no grit. Meanwhile a Motzko team looked like they had plenty of both.

Hope they can turn it around tonight, but not optimistic based in recent past.
                                Last edited by goldy_331; 10-22-2016, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X