Michigan Tech heads downstate to visit Yost for two

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan Tech heads downstate to visit Yost for two

Expect a large contingent of Tech fans at the games this weekend.
    Tech is finding their stride after a tough start to the season.
    Expect to see a goalie rotation for Tech with Wintjes on Friday
    and Kero on Saturday. Tech rolls 4 lines and all can score, but the leaders of the team are clearly Heinonen, L'Esperance, and Steman.
    I am hoping the penalties are straightened out and get to watch up and down hockey with incredible pace.
    Our d-Corp is solid 1-6, but led defensively by Watson and Leibinger, and offensively by Roy, Hanna, and Auk. Tech also has a very dynamic freshman defenseman in Mitch Reinke.

Are game times as listed 7:30 each night. Go Huskies, big big weekend.

Re: Michigan Tech heads downstate to visit Yost for two

I'll be there and I'm looking forward to seeing Yost for the first and probably only time. I know UMD won't be playing there for the foreseeable future
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
      Expect a large contingent of Tech fans at the games this weekend.
      Tech is finding their stride after a tough start to the season.
      Expect to see a goalie rotation for Tech with Wintjes on Friday
      and Kero on Saturday. Tech rolls 4 lines and all can score, but the leaders of the team are clearly Heinonen, L'Esperance, and Steman.
      I am hoping the penalties are straightened out and get to watch up and down hockey with incredible pace.
      Our d-Corp is solid 1-6, but led defensively by Watson and Leibinger, and offensively by Roy, Hanna, and Auk. Tech also has a very dynamic freshman defenseman in Mitch Reinke.

Are game times as listed 7:30 each night. Go Huskies, big big weekend.
      I don't know about the D being solid. I counted about 15 breakaways for UAH last night so......
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Ain't nobody gonna be at that Saturday game.
        ---
        National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
        Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
        19 Conference Championships
        10 Conference Tournament Championships
        2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
          I still can't believe they didn't change it. Although I don't mind because we will go straight from the football game to the hockey game...but we would have missed the second game if it had been moved to Sunday.
          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
            I still can't believe they didn't change it. Although I don't mind because we will go straight from the football game to the hockey game...but we would have missed the second game if it had been moved to Sunday.
            They're cutting into the attendance even more because there's a huge game in women's soccer game against a rival going on at the same time at 7:30.
            ---
            National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
            Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
            19 Conference Championships
            10 Conference Tournament Championships
            2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

They're cutting into the attendance even more because there's a huge game in women's soccer game against a rival going on at the same time at 7:30.

Nonsense. Michigan hockey season ticket holders will attend. The homecoming game vs. Illinois will be done by 7pm and students may or may not go to Yost. Women's soccer is not going to impede hockey fans either- all 2,000 or less that attend that typically do not go to Yost.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                Nonsense. Michigan hockey season ticket holders will attend. The homecoming game vs. Illinois will be done by 7pm...
                So who waves the magic wand to get all the cars out of the lot? Or is there a big reserved area for hockey that they won't charge some extortionist amount?
                Last edited by John J. MacInnes; 10-18-2016, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Are Michigan home games on BTN2GO? I looked at the schedule and didn't see either game listed.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                    So who waves he magic wand to get all the cars out of the lot? Or is there a big reserved area for hockey that they won't charge some extortionist amount?
                    Parking will be a problem, no doubt. Most lots usually used for hockey (like Crisler arena or some of the ancillary free parking at Elbel field will be used for football.) This may be a game where you'll have to buck up to be close to Yost.

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                      Are Michigan home games on BTN2GO? I looked at the schedule and didn't see either game listed.
                      MGOBLUE TV only.

Comment

For parking you might consider parking in a downtown garage and walking down, or parking in the residential area east of Yost, if you can find a place.
                        I'm hoping for a troll sighting.
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

We'll be there.

We will be missing Friday's game. So very many conflicts.

Comment

For parking, how far are you willing to walk? There should be a lot of spots on the east side of Packard, but not really in the neighborhood between State and Packard.

If you are ok with a mile, then you are all set.

Or if you come early with some ideas to visit places in town- that would work, too. Downtown will be filled with just locals looking for some time away from the crowds.

BTW, don't come as the game ends. That will be a mess. Come early.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                              MGOBLUE TV only.
                              Looks like that is free?

http://www.mgoblue.com/collegesportslive/?media=537958
                              MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Working...
                              X