X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SweeneyHawksHockey
    replied
    Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    I can't say I'm a fan of the NCHC's sudden death shootout rule they adopted. Has any other conference adopted first shootout score wins or is everyone else still 3 shooters?
    With the 3 on 3 for five minutes very unlikely to even get to that point. I know Miami didn't have a shootout all last year so I don't think it's much of a concern. If not for that one second of penalty carryover and long play without a whistle leading to more 4 on 4 play I think last night's game would have ended before the shootout in most cases.

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied
    Re: Ohio State vs Miami - The REAL battle for Ohio

I can't say I'm a fan of the NCHC's sudden death shootout rule they adopted. Has any other conference adopted first shootout score wins or is everyone else still 3 shooters?

Leave a comment:

• SweeneyHawksHockey
    replied

Minutes into the season without an even strength goal for Miami: 185.
    Record 1-1-1.

I can't say my focus was entirely on the Miami/OSU game with the Cubs game going on as well, but it seemed like a pretty evenly played game. I think OSU had the better of the chances overall, but there were some solid saves by both goaltenders. Looking forward to the rematch on New Years Eve.

Leave a comment:

• klbaum1077
    replied

Originally posted by Buckeye22 View Post
    Can someone explain to me what was going on in that second OT? I couldn't really hear the PA announcer when he explained the rules. They started at 4-on-4 and then suddenly seemed to switch to 3-on-3 in the middle of the 5 minutes.
    That same thing happened last weekend against Air Force. If there is a penalty when 3 on 3 occurs it becomes 4 on 3. If the penalty is killed it becomes 4 on 4 until a whistle stops play then they go back to 3 on 3.

Leave a comment:

• Stratus
    replied
    Originally posted by Buckeye22 View Post
    Can someone explain to me what was going on in that second OT? I couldn't really hear the PA announcer when he explained the rules. They started at 4-on-4 and then suddenly seemed to switch to 3-on-3 in the middle of the 5 minutes.
    I believe it was because there was 0:01 of a penalty left, so it started 4 on 3 (rather than 3 on 2). The penalty expired immediately and play proceeded as 4 on 4 until the first whistle, then 3 on 3 afterwards.

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye22
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied

Well that was interesting. I'll take the shootout win!
    Great job in the net tonight by Tompkins!

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied

1-0 Ohio State lead end of 1st. So far so good but a lot of game left.

Leave a comment:

• klbaum1077
    replied

Having lost 7 straight to the Hawks should be enough motivation for the Buckeyes to come out flying. They need this one just to know they can beat this team. Last year the games were very competitive unlike some of the previous years. If they want to be taken serious especially in state they need to win tomorrow night. I am confident they get this one done knowing how much this rivalry has been so one sided the last 3 plus years.

Leave a comment:

• TalonsUpPuckDown
    replied

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    I know, no offense but I think Miami & OSU dislike each other more than the team not yet mentioned. We'll get to you NEXT weekend! LOL!
    While the Battle of Ohio apparently starts without us, the Battle of the MAC also begins in earnest tomorrow night.

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied

Originally posted by SweeneyHawksHockey View Post
    Will Miami score an even strength goal? That is what I am most looking forward to seeing on Saturday night.
    I'll amend what I said earlier slightly that Ohio State will have the edge IF they stay out of the penalty box.

Leave a comment:

• SweeneyHawksHockey
    replied

Will Miami score an even strength goal? That is what I am most looking forward to seeing on Saturday night.

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied

Originally posted by Stratus View Post
    Miami has what, 14 freshmen?
    Freshmen can bring a lot of energy into a game but also mistakes. One of ours the past 3 games seemed to like the view from inside the penalty box.
    With so many returning starters and the experience they have as a team, the B1G coaches pre-season pick of Ohio State at #2 in the conference along with a strong performance in the Ice Breakers last weekend I'm thinking OSU will have the edge even over Miami having home ice.
    Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 10-13-2016, 06:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Stratus
    replied

Miami has what, 14 freshmen? However, they split with Providence at Providence last weekend.
    Last year's OSU series had modest attendance in Columbus but a full Goggin...
    Should be an exciting game, would hate to bet against either team.

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied

I know, no offense but I think Miami & OSU dislike each other more than the team not yet mentioned. We'll get to you NEXT weekend! LOL!
    Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 10-12-2016, 08:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X