X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wicked Slappaahs
    replied
    Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    Good luck to RPI the rest of the way. Hope you kick butt in the ECAC.
    Very impressed with the rink and the folks in G. Forks. They were extremely friendly and curious re: RPI -the team, school etc. Other than the outcome, we enjoyed the trip very much. (Our side trip to Winnipeg to see the Jets play Thursday wasn't horrible either!)

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Re: RPI @ North Dakota, Saturday 10/15/16

photos http://www.uscho.com/photos/2016/10/...-of-fame-game/

Leave a comment:

• omahasioux1
    replied

Got back from the Northeastern game and saw the last ****ty minutes of the third period.. Looked horrible.

Leave a comment:

• SJHovey
    replied

Good luck to RPI the rest of the way. Hope you kick butt in the ECAC.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    Does that justify the expense of traveling to North Dakota?
    It means we can have the opportunity to schedule an extra home game, which would offset the cost. Not sure if the Hall puts any money towards the teams, though.

Leave a comment:

• burd
    replied

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    FWIW, besides for spending a ridiculous amount of time on USCHO, I also count personal genealogy as a hobby. North Dakota is the only one of the 50 states that does not appear as a birth, marriage, or death place on my tree.
    That's because you have not yet died and gone to heaven, Ralph.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    Just spending an hour in North Dakota justifies the expense of traveling to North Dakota.
    FWIW, besides for spending a ridiculous amount of time on USCHO, I also count personal genealogy as a hobby. North Dakota is the only one of the 50 states that does not appear as a birth, marriage, or death place on my tree.

Leave a comment:

• SJHovey
    replied
    Just spending an hour in North Dakota justifies the expense of traveling to North Dakota.

Leave a comment:

• engineerhockeyfan
    replied

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    As Flagdude wrote, it does not count to the 34-game limit.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

I don't understand why the team would travel half way across the country for one game. Do we get compensated for playing in the HoF game? Could we not find a game closer to home to fill the schedule?
    What's up with that?
    As Flagdude wrote, it does not count to the 34-game limit.

Leave a comment:

• engineerhockeyfan
    replied

I don't understand why the team would travel half way across the country for one game. Do we get compensated for playing in the HoF game? Could we not find a game closer to home to fill the schedule?
    What's up with that?

Leave a comment:

• Waite21
    replied

The only time I was ever annoyed with RIT - and it wasn't really their fault - was some years ago, when both RPI's and RIT's basketball teams made the NCAA Division III basketball tournament and one of them was matched up to play Franklin & Marshall College, located in Lancaster, PA, which is close enough to me that I could attend the game.

Unfortunately, the local newspaper reported that F&M would be playing "Rochester Polytechnic Institute," a label which, of course, fits neither RPI nor RIT. That left me in the dark as to which team was going to be playing in Lancaster.

I had to do some serious checking around to verify that, in fact, it was Rensselaer that would play F&M.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by Blackheart View Post
    I just figured another Tech school not too far away would be a good rivalry...Didn't even think about Schenectady or Potsdam. You guys have a lot of in-state rivals, that's nice. Good luck this year; hope UND stomps you guys on Saturday, though.
    We have 5 instate opponents in the ECAC, so there is no need for going out-of-league for rivals. One of the instate AHA schools, Canisius, is still on our short list of teams which we have never played.

Leave a comment:

• Blackheart
    replied

I just figured another Tech school not too far away would be a good rivalry...Didn't even think about Schenectady or Potsdam. You guys have a lot of in-state rivals, that's nice. Good luck this year; hope UND stomps you guys on Saturday, though.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by Blackheart View Post
    So do you RPI guys hate RIT? What's the deal there?
    I can't speak for current students or recent grads, but I don't. The hate is left for Union and Clarkson. We do get mixed up with RIT fairly often.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X