RPI @ North Dakota, Saturday 10/15/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI @ North Dakota, Saturday 10/15/16

Looks like the only RPI regular missing from that game was George Servinis. Must have been because of NCAA restrictions at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
      Looks like the only RPI regular missing from that game was George Servinis. Must have been because of NCAA restrictions at that time.
      Mike Sadeghpour is also missing. What restriction was there at the time on Servinis?
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

George wasn't restricted in 84-85, just his first year, 82-83.
        Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

So do you RPI guys hate RIT? What's the deal there?
          License to kill gofers...From the government of the United Nations. - Carl Spackler, Caddyshack

Comment

Originally posted by Blackheart View Post
            So do you RPI guys hate RIT? What's the deal there?
            I can't speak for current students or recent grads, but I don't. The hate is left for Union and Clarkson. We do get mixed up with RIT fairly often.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I just figured another Tech school not too far away would be a good rivalry...Didn't even think about Schenectady or Potsdam. You guys have a lot of in-state rivals, that's nice. Good luck this year; hope UND stomps you guys on Saturday, though.
              License to kill gofers...From the government of the United Nations. - Carl Spackler, Caddyshack

Comment

Originally posted by Blackheart View Post
                I just figured another Tech school not too far away would be a good rivalry...Didn't even think about Schenectady or Potsdam. You guys have a lot of in-state rivals, that's nice. Good luck this year; hope UND stomps you guys on Saturday, though.
                We have 5 instate opponents in the ECAC, so there is no need for going out-of-league for rivals. One of the instate AHA schools, Canisius, is still on our short list of teams which we have never played.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The only time I was ever annoyed with RIT - and it wasn't really their fault - was some years ago, when both RPI's and RIT's basketball teams made the NCAA Division III basketball tournament and one of them was matched up to play Franklin & Marshall College, located in Lancaster, PA, which is close enough to me that I could attend the game.

Unfortunately, the local newspaper reported that F&M would be playing "Rochester Polytechnic Institute," a label which, of course, fits neither RPI nor RIT. That left me in the dark as to which team was going to be playing in Lancaster.

I had to do some serious checking around to verify that, in fact, it was Rensselaer that would play F&M.

Comment

I don't understand why the team would travel half way across the country for one game. Do we get compensated for playing in the HoF game? Could we not find a game closer to home to fill the schedule?
                    What's up with that?
                    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                    Benjamin Franklin
                    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                    Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                      I don't understand why the team would travel half way across the country for one game. Do we get compensated for playing in the HoF game? Could we not find a game closer to home to fill the schedule?
                      What's up with that?
                      As Flagdude wrote, it does not count to the 34-game limit.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        As Flagdude wrote, it does not count to the 34-game limit.
                        Does that justify the expense of traveling to North Dakota?
                        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                        Benjamin Franklin
                        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                        Gary Player

Comment

Just spending an hour in North Dakota justifies the expense of traveling to North Dakota.
                          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                            Just spending an hour in North Dakota justifies the expense of traveling to North Dakota.
                            FWIW, besides for spending a ridiculous amount of time on USCHO, I also count personal genealogy as a hobby. North Dakota is the only one of the 50 states that does not appear as a birth, marriage, or death place on my tree.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              FWIW, besides for spending a ridiculous amount of time on USCHO, I also count personal genealogy as a hobby. North Dakota is the only one of the 50 states that does not appear as a birth, marriage, or death place on my tree.
                              That's because you have not yet died and gone to heaven, Ralph.

Comment

It means we can have the opportunity to schedule an extra home game, which would offset the cost. Not sure if the Hall puts any money towards the teams, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X