X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI @ North Dakota, Saturday 10/15/16

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
    Thank you, Jericho!
    He didn't say anything about if they were or not, he just said he knew whether they would...

Comment

Yes, we will be broadcasting.

Oh, are Flaggy and I having a mind meld? THAT is scary.
      Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
        Yes, I know.
        It's good to know that RPI is still producing people with a precise knowledge of the English language.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
          Yes, we will be broadcasting.

Oh, are Flaggy and I having a mind meld? THAT is scary.
          No, I just consider myself an expert of logic, including smart*** logic. It's easy to win trivia contests when you play with a bunch of Clavins.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            No, I just consider myself an expert of logic...
            The logical inference being that you might not actually be an expert..... merely that you consider yourself to be one.
            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
              The logical inference being that you might not actually be an expert..... merely that you consider yourself to be one.
              Everyone is free and able to formulate their own opinions on levels of expertise. Welcome to the wonders of subjective analysis.

Comment

UND's radio broadcast can be found at 96.1 The Fox. You can find it on iheart radio. An NCHC.tv daily pass is $15.00. Too bad RPI isn't playing two games at UND, or playing some other NCHC teams in the next month. The monthly pass is $25.

NCHC.tv quality was extremely good last year, but in the first couple of games this year some people have experienced some bugs.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                  UND's radio broadcast can be found at 96.1 The Fox. You can find it on iheart radio. An NCHC.tv daily pass is $15.00. Too bad RPI isn't playing two games at UND, or playing some other NCHC teams in the next month. The monthly pass is $25.

NCHC.tv quality was extremely good last year, but in the first couple of games this year some people have experienced some bugs.
                  I now realize that this is the HoF game which I had forgotten, but it does surprise me that there is no second game. Coach Appert has said many times that he liked it when he was at Denver and most weekends were two games vs. a single opponent. Perhaps one of teams did not have an extra game to schedule or perhaps RPI asked for a return trip to Troy which ND did not want.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    I now realize that this is the HoF game which I had forgotten, but it does surprise me that there is no second game. Coach Appert has said many times that he liked it when he was at Denver and most weekends were two games vs. a single opponent. Perhaps one of teams did not have an extra game to schedule or perhaps RPI asked for a return trip to Troy which ND did not want.
                    Can't understand why UND wouldn't want to come to Troy considering that they are coming to play in Schenectady on New Years Eve for one game only this season.

Comment

I don't think the HOF game counts against a team's 34 game max. UND has a single game against Union later this season, but they also have a single game against BC in NYC. UND already has its 34 games scheduled.

It looks like RPI does too.
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

I was at that series. Right around Thanksgiving, as I recall. UND won a wild game Friday, but got blown out Saturday. I think Friday's loss was the last for RPI that year. Terrific team.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Some big names on that UND roster! Including the current coach. And obviously a great RPI team
                          sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

I don't think the HOF game counts against a team's 34 game max. UND has a single game against Union later this season, but they also have a single game against BC in NYC. UND already has its 34 games scheduled.

It looks like RPI does too.
                            This is the absolute truth. To schedule another game would count against the 34. Sure, it might mean we'd give up playing one of the single HEA matches, but it's a bit tougher for the Sioux.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                              You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to FreshFish again.
                              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Flash from the past. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                                X