X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squarebanks
    replied
    Re: Minnesota @ the Alaska's - 10-7/10-9

Well, other than the two shorties that cost us the goofs game I'm relatively happy for the weekend. Young and inexperienced team took it to UAA from the start and mostly hung with a pretty good Minnesota team. There is plenty to build on for the Brice tourney.

Leave a comment:

• GoNanooks
    replied

Power play could use some work, especially on the defense, other than that I was impressed with the Nanooks again. It is exciting to see some new guys stepping up. Leer, Staley and Vieth have looked good along with freshman like Thompson and Van Tetering.

Leave a comment:

• Seawolf Fan
    replied

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
    Before playing UAA on Saturday I was expecting the Nanooks to have the same outcome against the Gophs that UAA did so scoring 3 goals and skating with a powerhouse like Minnesota as well as they did, I am not going to be complaining....yet.
    Watched both UAA and Goofers live.
    nooks looked good

Leave a comment:

• UAFIceAngel
    replied
    Originally posted by D2D View Post
    No offense but giving up 3 makes me a little nervous!
    Before playing UAA on Saturday I was expecting the Nanooks to have the same outcome against the Gophs that UAA did so scoring 3 goals and skating with a powerhouse like Minnesota as well as they did, I am not going to be complaining....yet.

Leave a comment:

• D2D
    replied

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
    Really impressed with the skating and passing. Looks like PP needs some attention but not upset with the loss. Scoring 3 against Minny makes me happy.
    No offense but giving up 3 makes me a little nervous!

Leave a comment:

• UAFIceAngel
    replied

Really impressed with the skating and passing. Looks like PP needs some attention but not upset with the loss. Scoring 3 against Minny makes me happy.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
    Man your fans get fired up lol. I took, "Hubbs plays hockey" as Marchand doesn't play a skilled game and is just a pest.
    That's exactly how I read it.

Leave a comment:

• AKSWF
    replied
    Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
    Boarding or CFB, both had speed coming into the boards, Hubbs should've just laid a good body or shoulder check.

Leave a comment:

• uaafanblog
    replied

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
    Earlier someone mentioned Hubbs was a goon, and now I kinda agree with that. I'd like to see the replay of the "unecessary roughness", to determine if it was incidental or not.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgwT...ature=youtu.be

There ya go.

Leave a comment:

• cross cheque
    replied

6-0 over UAA? The gophers are back baby! Bring on Penn State!

Leave a comment:

• Bonin21
    replied

Man your fans get fired up lol. I took, "Hubbs plays hockey" as Marchand doesn't play a skilled game and is just a pest.

Leave a comment:

• uaafanblog
    replied

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
    You realize how good Marchand is, right...
    Did he say he was Marchand? No. The previous poster (a UAF fan) said he was UAA's "version of". You do understand how that's a partial comparison? And then Alaska Hockey said nothing about Marchand with the MOST OBVIOUSLY UNDERSTATED COMMENT EVER ON A HOCKEY FORUM "Hubbs Plays Hockey". And you respond with this smarmy nonsense? ffs ...

Leave a comment:

• Bonin21
    replied

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
    Hubbs plays hockey.
    You realize how good Marchand is, right...

Leave a comment:

• Alaska Hockey
    replied

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
    Hubbs is your version of Brad Marchand. Both good and bad.
    Hubbs plays hockey.

Leave a comment:

• Squarebanks
    replied
    Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
    Earlier someone mentioned Hubbs was a goon, and now I kinda agree with that. I'd like to see the replay of the "unecessary roughness", to determine if it was incidental or not. He continues to put the team in bad spots, countless major's called against him, and yet the team seemed to play best killing his penalty. In a cruel twist of fate, equal parts soul and lifeblood of the team, and the dirty side of hockey that puts his team in bad spots.

Now I realize why Shyiak recruited big, that line of the Renouf's and Luedtke is small and at least they were paired with a pair of tall D most of the night. Even though they have chemistry, I'd like to see the twins paired with an enforcer. They seemed to get pushed around and tripped a lot, and the D were either too slow or unresponsive tonight.
    Hubbs is your version of Brad Marchand. Both good and bad.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X