Minnesota @ the Alaska's - 10-7/10-9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Have fun in your last year of existence....
    You talking about the hockey team?
    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Re: Minnesota @ the Alaska's - 10-7/10-9

So I'm optimistic in this early weekend...even though this has trap written all over it. MN travelling a long way without having played a game yet.

Much of this is based on commentary from Lucia. September a couple of years ago, Lucia said something like...oh yeah and Mike Reilly has improved his game over the summer. Well Reilly was lights out that year...and ended up the teams top scorer and one of the best D men in the country. Recently Lucia said...(and I don't have the quote here)...Pitlick coming was extremely huge and in general the team has taken it up a level. I'm taking this as some good indication that we could have a decent start to the year. All speculation of course.
      Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
        On the other hand Donnie.....as a Ast. Coach in both the city and the village, you can bet he knows every back alley and dive bar in both areas.
        He does. But sadly now without the mullet all his old pals won't recognize him anymore.

#bringbackthemullet

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
          Don's attending the UA_-UAA game...

http://www.adn.com/sports/uaa-athlet...other-nuggets/
          It's not unusual. He scouts high school games all the time.
          I HATE RED!

I always seem to choose my hand over extremely hot women.
          -BuckyforPrez (2/28/2005)

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
            He does. But sadly now without the mullet all his old pals won't recognize him anymore.

#bringbackthemullet
            • In Alaska you never put out of your mind, the back side of ears ……. particularly, after as many times as he was face down in the snow bank.
            Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
            UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              Gee, they are college kids. *shrug*

Have fun in your last year of existence....
              Can't handle banter? So you wish death on a cancer patient?

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                Can't handle banter? So you wish death on a cancer patient?
                Having gotten to know Brent through his posts over the years, I can promise you he was taking a tongue-in-cheek jab at the future of UAA hockey, and had he known about your health issues he would have worded it differently.

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                  Having gotten to know Brent through his posts over the years, I can promise you he was taking a tongue-in-cheek jab at the future of UAA hockey, and had he known about your health issues he would have worded it differently.
                  He should stay on GPL permanently.

Edit: Actually, I kinda overpushed the whole thing there with the previous reply. Just thought I'd take a shot at him for being smarmy. It's crappy of him to wish our program dead; I didn't for a second think he was wishing me to die from my cancer. Cos anyway, I got this **** whether or not my cancer returns etc ... but Brent should still stay at GPL.

2nd Edit: Also I was running back and forth from kitchen to living room trying to cook my delicious burger.
                  Last edited by uaafanblog; 10-07-2016, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bertogliat View Post
                    It's not unusual. He scouts high school games all the time.
                    Heyoooo!

Brent being the fan that he is - especially of a program like MTU in addition to the Gophers - there's no way he would relish the loss of any program. I don't know anyone that would celebrate that result and hope like hell it doesn't happen. Fan banter is one thing, but I would never wish that on the fans in AK.

Whatever it takes.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      Heyoooo!

Brent being the fan that he is - especially of a program like MTU in addition to the Gophers - there's no way he would relish the loss of any program. I don't know anyone that would celebrate that result and hope like hell it doesn't happen. Fan banter is one thing, but I would never wish that on the fans in AK.

Whatever it takes.
                      Being a fan of the only team to ever beat the gophers on their home ice during a league playoff series (twice) I'd be surprised if there wasn't one or two embittered fans among the gopher faithful who not only wouldn't bat an eye at UAA's demise but harbor a "tough **** for them" thought or two as well.

In any case, I didn't make it clear that this little cancer kerfuffle is really "on me". I couldn't be happier than to be where I am in my life ... I just sat outisde and listened to several coyotes howling to each other less than a hundred yards away while gazing upward at the International Space Station making it's way across the sky while having just finished a great cheeseburger. Other people's lives may be more exciting than mine but I doubt anyone else would have appreciated those three little parts of my day as I just have.

Comment

Being a fan of the only team to ever beat the gophers on their home ice during a league playoff series (twice) I'd be surprised if there wasn't one or two embittered fans among the gopher faithful who not only wouldn't bat an eye at UAA's demise but harbor a "tough **** for them" thought or two as well.
                        These "fans" would actually be known as idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                          These "fans" would actually be known as idiots.
                          LOL. .. Also I meant to mention that tonight the Seawolves are raising funds to fight against Pediatric Cancers. That effort in itself is more important than the outcome of the game.

Comment

Hogwash. I realize you will never be agreeable toward UM fans and that's fine to each their own, but there's no one I know among us I know that would be happy to see either AK hockey program falter and any effer that would is in the less than 1%.

Comment

Hogwash. I realize you will never be agreeable toward UM fans and that's fine to each their own, but there's no one I know among us I know that would be happy to see either AK hockey program falter and any effer that would is in the less than 1%.
                              Well said, true hockey fans - no matter where they're from - would never wish that on any college hockey program.
                              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Heyoooo!

Whatever it takes.
                                I took a shot at the program, nothing more. And no, I don't smile at another program's demise. As uaa said, it's just banter. Did I go a bit too far? Maybe. I do that sometimes.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X