X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota @ the Alaska's - 10-7/10-9

First ever meeting photo via twitter:

https://***********/UAAHockey/status/784090070869389312
    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

These are counted as exhibition games, right?

/tArrogance
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
        Not me, I'm paying for both games as well as for my blow, hookers and craft beer. yay me...
        This seems to have the proper amount of bandwidth required.
        If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          These are counted as exhibition games, right?

/tArrogance
          These are actually pre-exhibition games for the Glowfurs. Your actual exhibition game is next weekend v. the U-18s. So there's no need for the Golden Showers to try hard or anything. Hopefully, the players get out a lot and enjoy the beautiful Alaska fall days and they shouldn't hesitate to get in on some of Anchorage's most excellent nightlife. I'm doubtful that that it's as easy for the underage DoughFours to get into the bars as it is in Dinkytown but there are a couple of bars in Fairview (just a few hundred yards away from the Sully) in which they might not get carded.
          Last edited by uaafanblog; 10-06-2016, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
            These are actually pre-exhibition games for the Glowfurs. Your actual exhibition game is next weekend v. the U-18s. So there's no need for the Golden Showers to try hard or anything. Hopefully, the players get out a lot and enjoy the beautiful Alaska fall days and they shouldn't hesitate to get in on some of Anchorage's most excellent nightlife. I'm doubtful that that it's as easy for the underage DoughFours to get into the bars as it is in Dinkytown but there are a couple of bars in Fairview (just a few hundred yards away from the Sully) in which they might not get carded.
            Speaking truth here: I have heard nothing but good things about the AK trip for scenery and things to do. Alas, it has never been in my budget to make said trip. I know of a couple hardcore MN fans that are en route as I post, and they should represent the fanbase well. They are good fans. If it helps, one of them is a rather big and tall man w/petite wife. I am guessing they won't be missed in the crowd if you're looking.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Speaking truth here: I have heard nothing but good things about the AK trip for scenery and things to do. Alas, it has never been in my budget to make said trip. I know of a couple hardcore MN fans that are en route as I post, and they should represent the fanbase well. They are good fans. If it helps, one of them is a rather big and tall man w/petite wife. I am guessing they won't be missed in the crowd if you're looking.
              Unless they mistake North Falmouth, Massachusetts on Cape Cod for Anchorage, Alaska I doubt I'll see them. There are some surprising similarities however. Instead of Moose clogging the roadways as in Anchorage, we have Thanksgiving dinners (aka Turkeys) in the way and attacking the mailman (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MjgQiYyApo). Both joints have amazing delicious seafood. Both places have fantastic scenic bike trails. Both places have plenty of good local hockey rinks. Both have good marijuana (if your team needs a hook up in Anchorage, I've got a number for a guy that will bring it to them ... and Lucia will want that phone number after Friday night's result). The cape only seems to have one strip club, so there's that.
              Last edited by uaafanblog; 10-07-2016, 02:25 AM.

Comment

Unless they mistake North Falmouth, Massachusetts on Cape Cod for Anchorage, Alaska I doubt I'll see them. There are some surprising similarities however. Instead of Moose clogging the roadways as in Anchorage, we have Thanksgiving dinners (aka Turkeys) in the way and attacking the mailman. Both joints have amazing delicious seafood. Both places have fantastic scenic bike trails. Both places have plenty of good local hockey rinks. Both have good marijuana (if your team needs a hook up in Anchorage, I've got a number for a guy that will bring it to them ... and Lucia will want that phone number after Friday night's result). The cape only seems to have one strip club, so there's that.
                I meant the royal "you're," but no on the ganja and naughty bars. Gopher fans are upstanding citizens.

Comment

I meant the royal "you're," but no on the ganja and naughty bars. Gopher fans are upstanding citizens.
                  I cannot pass up the opportunity to point out that you've only included "gopher fans" as members of the "upstanding citizens" club when I was offering the hook-up for the players. Just sayin ...

Comment

I cannot pass up the opportunity to point out that you've only included "gopher fans" as members of the "upstanding citizens" club when I was offering the hook-up for the players. Just sayin ...
                    Trouble is, "gopher players" are "upstanding citizens" as well. They will not be distracted from focusing on the task at hand. No hook-ups, no ganja, no naughty bars, just wins.
                    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                      I think I read the UAA stream is not great, so I can see how paying $9 for a non-HD stream in 2016 would **** someone off.
                      2 bucks will **** a cheapskate off ...so be it
                      Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                      UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                        Trouble is, "gopher players" are "upstanding citizens" as well. They will not be distracted from focusing on the task at hand. No hook-ups, no ganja, no naughty bars, just wins.
                        On the other hand Donnie.....as a Ast. Coach in both the city and the village, you can bet he knows every back alley and dive bar in both areas.
                        Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                        UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                          Yeah ... cos no Gopher players ever created any drama in Dinkytown bars ... underage ones specially.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                            On the other hand Donnie.....as a Ast. Coach in both the city and the village, you can bet he knows every back alley and dive bar in both areas.
                            I for one cannot see Don slumming it at a grimy bar, he would pay for that kind of service. So he could ***** and complain about the said acts, but always come back...
                            Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Don's attending the UA_-UAA game...

http://www.adn.com/sports/uaa-athlet...other-nuggets/

Comment

Yeah ... cos no Gopher players ever created any drama in Dinkytown bars ... underage ones specially.
                                Gee, they are college kids. *shrug*

Have fun in your last year of existence....

Comment

Working...
                                X