Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2016-17 -- We're Going to Have a Hockey Season Here!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    Salvaggio. McNicholas and Kelleher running riot so far tonight ... UNH 5 UMass 2, after 2 periods.
    TyK (aka The Great One), 4 assists and a goal tonight?

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2016-17 -- We're Going to Have a Hockey Season Here!!

TyK having quite a game with 5 points on the night...psyched to see Jamie Hil get one too!
      I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
        TyK (aka The Great One), 4 assists and a goal tonight?
        As far as I can tell Union is off tonight - and without knowing what's unfolding with the country's other top scorers, Kelleher's night may pull him into second nationally in scoring behind only his would be classmate...

Still 6-2 with five minutes to play - and for one night it felt like 2003 again...
        Live Free or Die!!
        Miami University '03

Comment

Trivia who was the last 'Cat to have a 5pt night? Hint: Matt Dawson wears his number...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
            Trivia who was the last 'Cat to have a 5pt night? Hint: Matt Dawson wears his number...
            Not Garrett Stafford! Must be Goumas!
            UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
              Not Garrett Stafford! Must be Goumas!
              I do believe you are correct!!! (Goumas v CC ) DU mentioned this at the FOH meeting...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                http://www.uscho.com/2000/03/29/umil...l-stay-at-unh/

DURHAM, N.H. — University of New Hampshire athletic director Judy Ray announced Wednesday that coach Dick Umile will remain at UNH, and that the university is working out arrangements that will allow Umile to finish his coaching career with the Wildcats. The announcement came one day after he interviewed for the vacant coaching position at UMass-Amherst.

“I am very excited that UNH has made the commitment to me personally and to the hockey program,” Umile said. “I have every intention of completing my coaching career here at UNH.”

Fair is fair. We can't blame BS35+4 for the lifetime contract. (pointing at Judy Ray) It's all your fault!!

I'd forgotten the "Human Lightning Rod" had somehow put himself in contention for the job, too.
                I stand corrected then. **** memory......
                UNH

Comment

I do believe you are correct!!! (Goumas v CC ) DU mentioned this at the FOH meeting...
                  Even a broken clock is right twice a day

Nice game for TyK and the Cats tonight, eh?

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                    Even a broken clock is right twice a day

Nice game for TyK and the Cats tonight, eh?
                    Wow not since Nov 2012 when Goumas had a Hattie and 2 assists v Denver is what I just read...
                    Yeah! Hope to do it again Tues!!!

Comment

Wow not since Nov 2012 when Goumas had a Hattie and 2 assists v Denver is what I just read...
                      Yeah! Hope to do it again Tues!!!
                      Interestingly enough, Goumas' five point night was only good enough to earn second star of the game honors. Goumas scored all three of his goals in the final seven minutes of that game and first-star Grayson Downing also posted a hat trick as UNH came back from 3-0 and 4-2 deficits to win that game out here in Denver.

That was also the year that Goumas and Downing combined for just one assist - and two concussions - in a 5-2 NCAA tournament win over that same Denver team. Injuries which cost the team a trip to the frozen four.

And now I'm suddenly second guessing my attendance and support at so many DU home games...
                      Live Free or Die!!
                      Miami University '03

Comment

"UNH Sweeps UMass Season Series"
                        The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                          Interestingly enough, Goumas' five point night was only good enough to earn second star of the game honors. Goumas scored all three of his goals in the final seven minutes of that game and first-star Grayson Downing also posted a hat trick as UNH came back from 3-0 and 4-2 deficits to win that game out here in Denver.

That was also the year that Goumas and Downing combined for just one assist - and two concussions - in a 5-2 NCAA tournament win over that same Denver team. Injuries which cost the team a trip to the frozen four.

And now I'm suddenly second guessing my attendance and support at so many DU home games...
                          Argh what might have been...can still see that hit on KG. Dan you were right according to C-H-C TyK is second among point getters with his 5 point antics!! You are lucky out there you get to see a ton of great hockey isn't Denver #1 in the country right now?

Also while it's a small HE sample don't think the 'Cats swept any HE series last year.

Comment

Argh what might have been...can still see that hit on KG. Dan you were right according to C-H-C TyK is second among point getters with his 5 point antics!! You are lucky out there you get to see a ton of great hockey isn't Denver #1 in the country right now?

Also while it's a small HE sample don't think the 'Cats swept any HE series last year.
                            Cats third in HEA; going for first round bye. Champions of December!

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                              Cats third in HEA; going for first round bye. Champions of December!
                              We'll take it for now and I will reluctantly accept the devastating SOG defeat last night!

Notably a pretty good crowd at the Whitt last night-4230.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Yeah, maybe, but UML had the hot goaltender in that one, so not sure if Downing and Goumas would have made the difference. Should have been in the FF in 2010, though. UNH had lots of squandered postseason opportunities in the mid-2000s. At least there was always hope back then.

Comment

Working...
                                X