Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2016-17 -- We're Going to Have a Hockey Season Here!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2016-17 -- We're Going to Have a Hockey Season Here!!

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
    Good luck the rest of the way.
    Thanks... especially February 3rd at Lake Whitt.
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
      In a nut shell... BC took it to UNH in the 1st and 2nd periods. Cats had trouble clearing their d-zone. Tirone kept the Cats in it.
      In the third period, UNH became BC of the 1st and BC became UNH of the 1st period. UNH was all over the Eagles in the 3rd. A steady stream of BC penalties contributed to their suck. but the Cats did a great job of capitalizing.
      The game winner was just a great tic tac toe goal with a fabulous pass through traffic from Gaudreau to Dudek crashing in on net. Tirone had no chance.
      FiveHole, not to split hairs with you, and know I didn't see us dominating, but other than the second I thought it was a very good game. And for Nick, not a morale victory but we did hang with you and we did score on you. For a team that is struggling, I saw a very focused and improved game. I figure we would either lose 6-1 or win 4-3 and we came close to having that happen. BC is clearly more skilled top to bottom but I saw several things that our fans need to hear. Some power play improvement with better puck movement but lots of turnovers against a strong defending team.
      And yes we did struggle keeping the puck on our stick, both receiving and passing. Centers on top 2 lines guilty as charged. Second line continues to have trouble with chemistry and/or....? Freshmen growth continues and they will continue to do so. Forth line is very strong and gave BC fits with their energy and great possession control. DU even gave them have lots of ice time, all 3 periods and they proved worthy. And as I often note, more ice will create better play. They are becoming fun to watch. Second PP goal by BC was with MC clearly in major pain and trying to either defend or get off the ice.
      The d had lapses but overall looked better, no horrible goals but 1 or 2 that could have been saved but certainly not weak.

Comment

I think you have to be encouraged from a UNH perspective that they fought back to tie it up and didn't allow themselves to get blown out considering it was a runaway for a while there.
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
          FiveHole, not to split hairs with you, and know I didn't see us dominating, but other than the second I thought it was a very good game. And for Nick, not a morale victory but we did hang with you and we did score on you. For a team that is struggling, I saw a very focused and improved game. I figure we would either lose 6-1 or win 4-3 and we came close to having that happen. BC is clearly more skilled top to bottom but I saw several things that our fans need to hear. Some power play improvement with better puck movement but lots of turnovers against a strong defending team.
          And yes we did struggle keeping the puck on our stick, both receiving and passing. Centers on top 2 lines guilty as charged. Second line continues to have trouble with chemistry and/or....? Freshmen growth continues and they will continue to do so. Forth line is very strong and gave BC fits with their energy and great possession control. DU even gave them have lots of ice time, all 3 periods and they proved worthy. And as I often note, more ice will create better play. They are becoming fun to watch. Second PP goal by BC was with MC clearly in major pain and trying to either defend or get off the ice.
          The d had lapses but overall looked better, no horrible goals but 1 or 2 that could have been saved but certainly not weak.
          Thanks for this update as well on the game...agree with your points. That's pretty much what I was feeling...we hung with it and there was noted improvement from the first couple of games this season. I had heard that Cleland was injured...anyone know his status? Also..any news about Nazarian?
          I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

WIS Productions brings you a rare midweek edition of "Umile's Last Stand - The _____ for 600".

"Umile's Last Stand - The Quest for 600"

Coach Umile's current career wins total: 575
            Wins Remaining to the next round number: 25
            *Games Remaining (Next 2 Seasons - Min.): 63
            Win Pct. Required to Hit Target: 40%
            WIS Estimated Likelihood of Success: 70%
            2016/2017 Cupcake Conversion Ratio (CCR): 3/6 (50%)

* - minimum games remaining assumes 34 regular season games, and at least 2 games in the MBPBEGAM "playoffs"

I'll be brief and just say that UNH's loss to BC was hardly unexpected. Spotting the #3 team in the country 3 goals on their home ice isn't a brilliant formula for success, and any "moral victories" to be claimed by tying up the game late - only to lose a couple minutes later - is probably as irrelevant as whether the Democratic presidential nominee will end up winning the countrywide popular vote.

Looking at the big picture ... WIS experts had projected Coach Umile's Wildcats would amass at least 10 wins in the opening 18 game stretch of the season, but were forced to downgrade its position on this projection after last weekend. To date, UNH has compiled a 4-4-1 ecord, which simply hasn't been enough, and will require Coach Umile's skaters to amass 6 wins in their final 9 games of the 2016 slate. And while most (if not all) of the post-BC games are against beatable opposition ... that's also been the case against Bentley , Colorado College and *ack* Sacred Heart So while the 10 win projection is still attainable, UNH's inability to consistently win these cupcake games can't be dismissed as a fluke, and chances of a happy outcome of "The Quest" are slipping, unless/until the 'Cats start to win these winnable games more consistently. Luckily, UNH is not short of winnable games coming up ...

Predictions:

Friday: @ UNH 6 Arizona State 2
            Saturday: @ UNH 3 Merrimack 3

NEXT CUPCAKES ON THE SHELF: 11/18/16 @ home vs. UMass; 11/22/16 @ home vs. RPI

IS BS35+4 PAYING ATTENTION YET?

Temporarily, no. It's been a topsy-turvy last few days in Durham, and while it was probably uber-exciting to get a photo op with the DNC big-wigs during their visit (I'd guess the signed autographed photo of HRC is already featured prominently in BS35+4's office), the value of that doo-dad has certainly depreciated precipitously over the last 24 hours. I'm sure the grief counselors are actively counseling the campus populace, faculty and admin as we speak. And with UNH Football back to action again this weekend, there are simpler bigger fish to fry, and Hockey will just have to go back on the back burner.
            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
              I'd guess the signed autographed photo of HRC is already featured prominently in BS35+4's office
              Curse of the jumbotron struck again last night....

BTW, was I the only one who harkened back to the the cancelled bonfire when HRC pulled the plug on her fireworks display?
              UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                As they used to say around here, HR, do not feed the troll, which is all Chickod is. He is persona non grata even on his own team's threads.
                But thankfully it's still a free country so it really doesn't matter what you think. "Trolls' Lives Matter."

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                  But thankfully it's still a free country so it really doesn't matter what you think. "Trolls' Lives Matter."
                  What about Leprechauns and Gnomes? Do they matter?
                  UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                    What about Leprechauns and Gnomes? Do they matter?
                    Hmmmm....sure. Why not? Everyone matters!

Comment

• Originally posted by Felger View Post
                      Curse of the jumbotron struck again last night....

BTW, was I the only one who harkened back to the the cancelled bonfire when HRC pulled the plug on her fireworks display?
                      HRC pulled the plug on the fireworks and now Trump is going to pull the plug in the swamp and drain it!

Comment

Originally posted by Donald Trumph View Post
                        HRC pulled the plug on the fireworks and now Trump is going to pull the plug in the swamp and drain it!
                        Can we do something about the constant problems originating from the 02467? Please???

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                          Can we do something about the constant problems originating from the 02467? Please???
                          And 02215

Comment

In other HOCKEY related news Angus Crookshank and Eric Mac Adams and officially joined the 'Cats by signing their NLI's according to C-H-C, joining Mike Robinson and Charlie Kelleher.

Prob belongs on the recruit board, but with all of the other stuff on here as of late, what the heck!

ps Any news of the severity of the Nazarian injury...and is Cleland ok?
                            I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                              In other HOCKEY related news Angus Crookshank and Eric Mac Adams and officially joined the 'Cats by signing their NLI's according to C-H-C, joining Mike Robinson and Charlie Kelleher.

Prob belongs on the recruit board, but with all of the other stuff on here as of late, what the heck!

ps Any news of the severity of the Nazarian injury...and is Cleland ok?
                              ***banging head against wall*** Where are the new recruits? All due respect, these guys, all old news.

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                              And 02215
                              First things first, and 02467 takes priority dammit. We can work on the lesser projects later on.

... maybe we should build a ... a ... aaaahhhh, never mind ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                                ***banging head against wall*** Where are the new recruits? All due respect, these guys, all old news.

First things first, and 02467 takes priority dammit. We can work on the lesser projects later on.

... maybe we should build a ... a ... aaaahhhh, never mind ...
                                And BU/BC should pay for it

Comment

Working...
                                X