Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2016-17 -- We're Going to Have a Hockey Season Here!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
    Winning!
    Haha knew that was coming 😉
    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2016-17 -- We're Going to Have a Hockey Season Here!!

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
      If a game (and result) like last night's doesn't force the folks in charge to lie awake at night, staring at the ceiling, wondering why they're continuing along this path ... then I'm not sure anything will.

And when I say "folks in charge", I'm talking about the head coach (much) more than the AD ...
      Be thankful you don't go to sleep like Maine fans, who the **** cares about the hockey team. After years of this crap you become numb
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
        Be thankful you don't go to sleep like Maine fans, who the **** cares about the hockey team. After years of this crap you become numb
        We should be thankful. Under Umile we have 2 Hockey East Championships over 20 plus years.... He's a keeper!

Comment

3-3-1 record and 2-0 in HE. He just won his 350th HE, so his name was feted in the college hockey world. And his hand-chosen successor is learning all his wisdom, so his legacy will live on another way through his progeny. I'm sure Umile sleeps plenty well.

Nazarian out tonight, will have MRI Monday or Tuesday.
          Maller also out with hip injury
          Last edited by NCAA watcher; 11-06-2016, 05:59 AM.
          The Souza record:
          15-16 10th place
          16-17 10th place
          17-18 11th place
          18-19 8th place
          19-20 9th place
          20-21 10th place
          21-22 9th place
          22-23 10th place

Comment

We have now entered the Twillight Zone. Love it....
            Last edited by e.cat; 11-05-2016, 06:01 PM.
            UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Will take the 3-0 win congrats to DT for the shutout in a very physical game. Nice goal by Salvaggio after a scoreless first and finally got some offense going in the third with pretty goals by Vela and Grasso. Was nice to kill off the 5 on 3.

Best moment of the night was watching BvR give a few hits in the third in addition to almost scoring on a breakaway. Unbeaten in the past 4 but now it's time to play big boy hockey Tues...
              Last edited by HockeyRef; 11-05-2016, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Happy to see the boys won, and good to see a shutout. Does this mean we're out of the AHA cellar?

Like HR said ... it's time for big boy hockey on Tuesday night. The Quest - Special Edition should be out either tomorrow or Monday. Look for a change in the WIS forecast for a successful ending ...
                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

"Tirone & UNH Shut Out Mercyhurst 3-0"
                  The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                    Happy to see the boys won, and good to see a shutout. Does this mean we're out of the AHA cellar? .
                    For the moment, the bottom of the AHC would be as follows if UNH were a member:

Holy Cross 1-1-2
                    Mercyhurst 2-1-0
                    UNH 1-1-1
                    Bentley 1-3-0
                    Sacred Heart 1-2-0
                    Niagara 0-2-1

All could change after Tuesday, when Bentley plays AIC in their new downtown Springfield barn, where the Yellow Jackets (buzzzz!) apparently have been invigorated. Moreover, UNH lofty position in AHC could be temporary, as all other teams have 28 to 31 games in hand. But, how did DU and BS35+4 miss scheduling our old nemesis Niagara for a game this season? Major tactical blunder.

Other UNH stats after huge 3-point weekend at the Whitt:

UNH PP now 11 of 58, good for 18.97% and 19th in Div 1, thanks to TyK and Grasso (heaven forbid, do not put them on the same regular line). UNH PK now 36 of 42, 85.3%, 23rd in Div 1 (thanks to full 2-minute 5-3 kill last night against the mighty Sacred Heart PP; how in the the world did those calls come about?). Penalties and minutes now 48 and 96 (no majors), 12 minutes per game good for 49th in Div 1 (gradually winning back our SMT's moniker).

UNH GPG now 3.25 for 24th, GCU (goals coughed up per game) now 2.88 for 31st, the latter in parts thanks to DT, who is now 4-2-1 on season with a 0.914 SV% and 2.28 GAA.

Mike Vecchione Watch: 11 games, 14 G + 10 A = 24 pts in 11 games for Div 1 leading 2.18 points per game. TyK and Grasso tied for 17th in Div 1, with 5+7=12 and 9+3=12 for 1.50 points per game (8 games). Grasso leads Div 1 with 6 PPG.
                    Last edited by Snively65; 11-06-2016, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post

Holy Cross 1-1-2
                      Mercyhurst 2-1-0
                      UNH 1-1-1
                      Bentley 1-3-0
                      Sacred Heart 1-2-0
                      Niagara 0-2-1

All could change after Tuesday, when Bentley plays AIC in their new downtown Springfield barn, where the Yellow Jackets (buzzzz!) apparently have been invigorated. Moreover, UNH lofty position in AHC could be temporary, as all other teams have 28 to 31 games in hand. But, how did DU and BS35+4 miss scheduling our old nemesis Niagara for a game this season? Major tactical blunder.

UNH PP now 11 of 58, good for 18.97% and 19th in Div 1, thanks to TyK and Grasso (heaven forbid, do not put them on the same regular line). UNH PK now 36 of 42, 85.3%, 23rd in Div 1 (thanks to full 2-minute 5-3 kill last night against the mighty Sacred Heart PP; how in the the world did those calls come about?). Penalties and minutes now 48 and 96 (no majors), 12 minutes per game good for 49th in Div 1 (gradually winning back our SMT's moniker).

UNH GPG now 3.25 for 24th, GCU (goals coughed up per game) now 2.88 for 31st, the latter in parts thanks to DT, who is now 4-2-1 on season with a 0.914 SV% and 2.28 GAA.

Mike Vecchione Watch: 11 games, 14 G + 10 A = 24 pts in 11 games for Div 1 leading 2.18 points per game. TyK and Grasso tied for 17th in Div 1, with 5+7=12 and 9+3=12 for 1.50 points per game (8 games). Grasso leads Div 1 with 6 PPG.
                      Somehow I knew this would come up at least at some point this season! (groans, thinks of what might have been, oh well ) He is tearing it up that is for sure. Def a Hobey B candidate and a strong one at that, seeing how the committee loves high scoring forwards! Anyway thanks for the update on our other stats. Love watching Grasso out there it will be interesting to see how he fares against BC on Tuesday...

As per the penalties that led to the 5 on 3 Eiserman was called for charging (he went after a player; very chippy moment) and can't recall the other but think it was all due to feisty play after a scrum. Like I said it was a very physical match gotta give the D credit on a few tight moments clearing it out. We were thinking it would be a higher score after the barrage of shots but...we all know how that goes.

Anyway onto the Conte...Have decided not to make the trip as my driver has backed out (and I don't do Boston well alone haha) so it's going to be an online gig for me (game is not televised?) For those of you going looking forward to your impressions!

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post

Holy Cross 1-1-2
                        Mercyhurst 2-1-0
                        UNH 1-1-1
                        Bentley 1-3-0
                        Sacred Heart 1-2-0
                        Niagara 0-2-1

How could you forget to give us SOG stats?

I'm just here to help!

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                          for the moment, the bottom of the AHC would be as follows if UNH were a member:

Holy Cross 1-1-2
                          Mercyhurst 2-1-0
                          UNH 1-1-1
                          Bentley 1-3-0
                          Sacred Heart 1-2-0
                          Niagara 0-2-1
                          Originally posted by E.J. Smith View Post

UNH hockey plays in the SEC against Alabama, LSU, and Florida.
                          :d
                          Last edited by Felger; 11-06-2016, 09:46 AM.
                          UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                            How could you forget to give us SOG stats?

I'm just here to help!
                            haha I know he's slipping... ok you brought it up sooooo UNH 41 MHurst 14

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                              haha I know he's slipping... ok you brought it up sooooo UNH 41 MHurst 14
                              So you're telling me yet another D-3 goalie stood on his head? Those D-3 goalies are a pesky bunch.

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                                So you're telling me yet another D-3 goalie stood on his head? Those D-3 goalies are a pesky bunch.
                                Well I will say the MH keeper made some decent saves but there was so much pushing and shoving in fro t if him it's hard to say to what degree he stood on his head...'Course it doesn't help the cause when most of those shots came from the point/high slot 😉

Comment

Working...
                                X