Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2016-17 -- We're Going to Have a Hockey Season Here!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2016-17 -- We're Going to Have a Hockey Season Here!!

According to Mike McMahon first UNH Hattie in ONE period since Grayson Downing v Maine Dec 2014! He also pointed out this was the 5th game in 8 nights for 'Mack...tired or not we'll take the win 😉
    Last edited by HockeyRef; 10-30-2016, 02:42 AM.
    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Hard to rack up SOG on rebounds when the pucks keep going in.

Comment

I wish our freshman could contribute.
        Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Got a little chippy there!! Tirone showing some grit!!

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
            Grasso hat trick; 4 goals on six shots!
            I think Dennehy waved the proverbial white flag by inserting Pantano.
            Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
              Hard to rack up SOG on rebounds when the pucks keep going in.
              Haha. We'll take the goals. SOG will take care of themselves; )
              UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Grasso AGAIN

Comment

• Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                  Got a little chippy there!! Tirone showing some grit!!
                  How a couple of those stayed out is anyone's guess!!! He had some great saves too! And he cleared his crease with authority...yea!

Frosties on Grasso!! Oops that's only Friday nights 😉
                  Last edited by HockeyRef; 10-30-2016, 02:40 AM.

Comment

UNH now 3-3-0 on season, compared to 3-2-1 at the end of October last season. However, next weekend instead of playing two in East Lansing, we host two more purported AHC cupcakes, Sacred Heart and Mercyhurst (first AHC cupcake was Bentley). Once again, who is BS35+4's counterpart at Sacred Heart?

UNH remains alone at 1.000 in HEA win%. Of course, BU, Maine, UML, and NU have yet to play a HEA game. And, UNH now 3.5 GPG and 3.5 GAG, and 21 goals scored and 21 goals given up.

But, how our #1 star in tonight's game? Grasso leads Div 1 with 5 PPG's, and is tied for second with 8 goals (who leads Div 1 with 10 goals, albeit in two more games?). Time to move Grasso up to first line? He finishes on TyK's passes on the PP, and maybe could do same on first line.

Comment

UNH now 3-3-0 on season, compared to 3-2-1 at the end of October last season. However, next weekend instead of playing two in East Lansing, we host two more purported AHC cupcakes, Sacred Heart and Mercyhurst (first AHC cupcake was Bentley). Once again, who is BS35+4's counterpart at Sacred Heart?

UNH remains alone at 1.000 in HEA win%. Of course, BU, Maine, UML, and NU have yet to play a HEA game. And, UNH now 3.5 GPG and 3.5 GAG, and 21 goals scored and 21 goals given up.

But, how our #1 star in tonight's game? Grasso leads Div 1 with 5 PPG's, and is tied for second with 8 goals (who leads Div 1 with 10 goals, albeit in two more games?). Time to move Grasso up to first line? He finishes on TyK's passes on the PP, and maybe could do same on first line.
                      To answer your q about who the Sacred Heart AD is : Bobby Valentine if I 'member correctly? We talked about this (Grasso to top line) hmmm that's a good q I like him where he is but that could be possible...

Grasso what a night the kid had!! For those of you who have seen him play I heared around the 'Whitt tonight he's being compared to a former UNH superstar but I'll be danged if I'll bring that up don't wanna cause a riot. 😉
                      Anyway cup cake teams or not happy to see the 'Cats pull a two win weekend...been awhile since we did that.

Comment

Grasso reminds me of Darren Haydar and sports the same sweater number!

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                          Oh now you did it e.cat...incoming!! Hey enjoy that priority parking....good to see you guys tonight!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                            Oh now you did it e.cat...incoming!! Hey enjoy that priority parking....good to see you guys tonight!
                            I won't have to use my secret spot Friday. Haha!

Comment

• Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                              I wish our freshman could contribute.
                              Umile only plays upperclassmen so they can't. One of his many faults!

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                                In the post game presser Umile said the same thing. I also bumped into Alan Lessels after the first period and he agreed as well. Can't get ahead of ourselves but, like Haydar, he seems to have the knack of avoiding contact and getting separation. Also, very quick release.

All that being said, and they definitely were more engaged than they were last week vs. CC, we won't know exactly what UNH's level is until they play someone decent. Maybe election night at BC?

Comment

Working...
                                X