Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2016-17 -- We're Going to Have a Hockey Season Here!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2016-17 -- We're Going to Have a Hockey Season Here!!

3-1 with 11 left. Cats going on PP
    Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Eiserman right away. 4-1

Comment

Eiserman!!! PP goal 4-1 'Cats!
        I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Will take the 4-1 win! Too long a ride from there when ya lose. Thought the team played well...hope we saved something for 'Mack.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
            First and second lines changed? How?
            What were the first 2 lines tonight? First line was Salvaggio-McNick-TyK (McNick in place of Nazarian)
            Last edited by HockeyRef; 10-28-2016, 08:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
              What were the first 2 lines tonight? First line was Salvaggio-McNick-TyK (McNick in place of Nazarian)
              http://collegehockeystats.net/1617/boxes/mumaunh1.o28

Salvaggio - McNicholas - Kelleher
              Eiserman - Nazarian - Vela
              Live Free or Die!!
              Miami University '03

Comment

Just got back from the trek out to Amherst. Solid effort, UMass appeared to be on its heels for most of the game save for the 5 on 3, the few minutes that followed, and one burst in the third period. Finally took an early lead and hung on to it. Tirone was really scaring me back there tonight. Of his 23 saves I would say maybe half were good positional saves and the others were sketchy at best. I think the defense did a better job of limiting the quality of the shots against. Don't get me wrong, a win is a win, double that for a HE win. All I'm saying is against a team that can capitalize on his mistakes would have had this at a 4-4 game or so. That's the end of my complaining about him as he did what he needed in order to get the win.

Vela did not show any signs of rust as he was right up in the play and getting some decent chances. BvR setting up Blackburns first goal was a beautiful thing to see. Eiserman made their goalie (sieve) look foolish on his goal.

Simply put, a good win against a team they needed to tally a win against. Now lets take it to Merrimack on the big ice tomorrow night.

Comment

Originally posted by deltabravo62 View Post
                  Just got back from the trek out to Amherst. Solid effort, UMass appeared to be on its heels for most of the game save for the 5 on 3, the few minutes that followed, and one burst in the third period. Finally took an early lead and hung on to it. Tirone was really scaring me back there tonight. Of his 23 saves I would say maybe half were good positional saves and the others were sketchy at best. I think the defense did a better job of limiting the quality of the shots against. Don't get me wrong, a win is a win, double that for a HE win. All I'm saying is against a team that can capitalize on his mistakes would have had this at a 4-4 game or so. That's the end of my complaining about him as he did what he needed in order to get the win.

Vela did not show any signs of rust as he was right up in the play and getting some decent chances. BvR setting up Blackburns first goal was a beautiful thing to see. Eiserman made their goalie (sieve) look foolish on his goal.

Simply put, a good win against a team they needed to tally a win against. Now lets take it to Merrimack on the big ice tomorrow night.
                  Warriors may be flexing their muscles after beating Big Red tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                    Warriors may be flexing their muscles after beating Big Red tonight.
                    Very true, Merrimack (lately) has struggled against us on the big ice but are riding a 4 game unbeaten streak. Should be an interesting game tomorrow night.

Comment

Won the game, won the SOG. All is good!
                      UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by deltabravo62 View Post

Saw it pretty much the exact same way, DB. Vela absolutely added a spark. Tirone was lucky his defensemen played a solid game.

Again, last night may have been more about the talent of UMass, but I'll take it either way.

Final note - while I was very thankful for the feed, the announcers were positively awful. My favorite was when UMass scored to make it 2-1 UNH, one of them blurted out, "and UMass takes a 1-0 lead!!!!".

Comment

It's great to hear an account of someone who was there thanks for the game account DB62. Agree I hate it when DT is so far out of his cage ..anyway you are right he made some timely saves too and the D was much better in front. Cool that the Frosh Line has produced in every game so far!! Felt we played strong from the start and it was nice to play with thread UMass or not..they needed to show they could do that.

'Mack is riding high has decent goal tending and their core of returning players like Seney and Mike Babcock's kid had his first goal last night. I hope we have a slight advantage in the big sheet and there's some pride on the line from last season. Gonna be tight me thinks...
                          Last edited by HockeyRef; 10-29-2016, 10:31 AM.

Comment

"UNH Downs UMass in Hockey East Opener"
                            Includes video highlights.
                            The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Do you think that there will be any tickets available at the door tonight?

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                                Do you think that there will be any tickets available at the door tonight?
                                Hahahahahahahahahahahaha, yeah I'd imagine so...hahahahahahahahahahah
                                Live Free or Die!!
                                Miami University '03

Comment

Working...
                                X