Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2016-17 -- We're Going to Have a Hockey Season Here!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2016-17 -- We're Going to Have a Hockey Season Here!!

We are clearly no longer the cupcake this weekend.

Comment

For UNH this weekend (and next), there are wall-to-wall cupcakes for as far as the eye can see (including in the mirror). Hopefully the good guys will do something to warrant getting themselves off that detested list ...
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
        For UNH this weekend (and next), there are wall-to-wall cupcakes for as far as the eye can see (including in the mirror). Hopefully the good guys will do something to warrant getting themselves off that detested list ...
        To take it one step further..... UNH next 8 games are against UMass (2), Merrimack (2), Sacred Heart, Mercyhurst, BC and Arizona State. If UNH goes less than 6-2 during this period I would certify them cupcakes.
        On a side note, who's going to see the game at MSG against Cornell? Live on Long Island so I'm very much looking forward to this game. Hope they play the game of their lives on the big stage.

Comment

Thanks for the reminder scoreboard we just bought our "Frozen Apple" tix and have a hotel next door to MSG...
          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
            To take it one step further..... UNH next 8 games are against UMass (2), Merrimack (2), Sacred Heart, Mercyhurst, BC and Arizona State. If UNH goes less than 6-2 during this period I would certify them cupcakes.
            On a side note, who's going to see the game at MSG against Cornell? Live on Long Island so I'm very much looking forward to this game. Hope they play the game of their lives on the big stage.
            I hope to be at MSG also; for a longtime, we had the Big Red's number, but I believe that we lost to them at some Florida tourney a few years ago, IIRC?

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
              I hope to be at MSG also; for a longtime, we had the Big Red's number, but I believe that we lost to them at some Florida tourney a few years ago, IIRC?
              Yeppers lost 4-2 but beat Princeton in the 'consolation' game 3-2 in the 2013 Christmas Tourney down in Fla where the Everblades play (Estero)
              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• [QUOTE=NCAA watcher;6379485]Greg
                I'm not sure I'm wrong but it isn't worth bogging this down with my thoughts so I'll delete them. Save those for the cocktail parties if I find any UNH fans -- my wife's side of the family is BC and Notre Dame

I have a lot of respect for your comments over the years. Believe it or not, there was a point in time when Dave Lassonde thought I was you. Regardless, posts of the nature that I commented on are, I think, ridiculous. How about we give the guy time to breathe.

Comment

Now who is the cupcake? UConn Huskies beat NICC 4-2 tonight.

Comment

Did you catch the game? I saw the last period...nice to see UConn beat NICC...I guess...UConn has a few decent players; Thompson, Letunov, and this dman Masonius 'member how they swept us last season? Anyway...just bought the streaming for tomorrow night against cupcake (?) UMassy...Go 'Cats!!
                    Last edited by HockeyRef; 10-28-2016, 08:03 AM.
                    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Anyone - and I mean ANYONE - who beats those geographically-challenged goobers is OK in my book.

Well ... *maybe* not BC. But the mere fact I'd have to actually think about it should speak volumes.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                        I guess we're back to psychoanalyzing Umile and Souza again...
                        I'd say psychoanalyzing is a little dramatic.

Obviously there's a relationship there, and that relationship has a large effect on the current and future state of the program, so I don't think it's out of line for fans to wonder or speculate about the nature of it.

The bottom line of that speculation being, DU has a way of doing things. That way clearly no longer works. Is UNH continuing to follow that way because MS agrees with it, or is it because MS doesn't agree with it but DU won't let him change things.

The answer to that question is going to have a huge effect on the next 5 years of UNH hockey. Pardon us for wondering what the answer is.

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                        ....But here we are mocking the guy, implying that he is tied to that ogre Dick Umile's figurative apron strings and does not have the gumption to say boo while the master is still around.
                        Again, mocking seems to be a little strong. In terms of not saying boo, do you have any evidence to the contrary? MS has been in the position long enough now that we should be seeing his mark on the program --- but we haven't, not in recruiting, not in positive results on the ice, not in team dynamics/handling of players, etc. If you're aware of some great work that we should be giving MS credit for but aren't, please chime in and let us know.
                        I went home with a waitress the way I always do
                        How was I to know she was with the russians, too?

Comment

Originally posted by E.J. Smith View Post
                          Obviously there's a relationship there, and that relationship has a large effect on the current and future state of the program, so I don't think it's out of line for fans to wonder or speculate about the nature of it.

The bottom line of that speculation being, DU has a way of doing things. That way clearly no longer works. Is UNH continuing to follow that way because MS agrees with it, or is it because MS doesn't agree with it but DU won't let him change things.

The answer to that question is going to have a huge effect on the next 5 years of UNH hockey
                          . Pardon us for wondering what the answer is.

MS has been in the position long enough now that we should be seeing his mark on the program --- but we haven't, not in recruiting, not in positive results on the ice, not in team dynamics/handling of players, etc.
                          This is 100% spot on, and very much fair game, especially given the unique nature of this 3 year transition plan, as well as the apparent continued deterioration of pretty much each and every aspect of the UNH Hockey program.

If MS wasn't gradually going to be able to put his stamp on the program ... why bother with the 3 years?

Otherwise, MS could still be out there in Storrs, learning the game at the knee of Luce Canaan.

I just want to see something - anything - that gives me hope this is not going to be a 10 yr. rebuild.

Comment

[QUOTE=Chuck Murray;6380420]
                            Otherwise, MS could still be out there in Storrs, learning the game at the knee of Luce Canaan.[QUOTE]

THE Luce Canaan, who just led his team to an upset win last night?

Anyone heading to ZooMass for the game tonight? "Not I," quacked the noisy yellow duck.

Comment

[QUOTE=Snively65;6380531][QUOTE=Chuck Murray;6380420]
                              Otherwise, MS could still be out there in Storrs, learning the game at the knee of Luce Canaan.

THE Luce Canaan, who just led his team to an upset win last night?

Anyone heading to ZooMass for the game tonight? "Not I," quacked the noisy yellow duck.
                              Did that trip a couple of seasons ago at the last minute on a Friday night; not again unless it's on a Saturday. It's one of those "you can't get there from here" kind of trips for me...we are watching online. Well checking on the UConn Huskies schedule they've played a couple of "cupcakes" but also just beat a ranked team. We'll see how they do tonight. Enough about them. What I'm hoping for is we turn a few things around like not getting in a hole in the first 5-10 mins. I'd like to bring up last years game down there but I will refrain and YES...that's what I'd like to avoid please and thank you.

Psyched to be back at the 'Whitt tomorrow having missed last week's game see you there maybe noisy yellow duck (couldn't resist).
                              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

[QUOTE=HockeyRef;6380621][QUOTE=Snively65;6380531]
                                Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

Did that trip a couple of seasons ago at the last minute on a Friday night; not again unless it's on a Saturday. It's one of those "you can't get there from here" kind of trips for me...we are watching online. Well checking on the UConn Huskies schedule they've played a couple of "cupcakes" but also just beat a ranked team. We'll see how they do tonight. Enough about them. What I'm hoping for is we turn a few things around like not getting in a hole in the first 5-10 mins. I'd like to bring up last years game down there but I will refrain and YES...that's what I'd like to avoid please and thank you.

Psyched to be back at the 'Whitt tomorrow having missed last week's game see you there maybe noisy yellow duck (couldn't resist).
                                Be careful what you wish for, HR. Last year, Correale scored his first of three goals 1:13 seconds into the game, and UNH led 6-1 with 5 minutes remaining in the second (Pots 1 goal, Tyk 4 assists). And, then........

Comment

Working...
                                X