Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2016-17 -- We're Going to Have a Hockey Season Here!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2016-17 -- We're Going to Have a Hockey Season Here!!

Originally posted by deltabravo62 View Post
    Well the Tirone show was back in town tonight. Two shots two goals to deflate the momentum the team had going early. The fourth goal would have beaten just about any goalie (yes, even Clark). And the third one wasn't an easy one but should have been gettable. A further injury to Clark is the only excuse for (Clark) not starting next Friday.
    Agreed 100%.

Originally posted by Ronnieb View Post
    You're kidding with the cupcake thing right?
    Not really. Do you have a better word for a 1-4-0 team with its only prior win as part of a split with UMass?

I'm not sure if you've checked in before ... but I've qualified this whole thing with the disclaimer that IF you can't spot the cupcakes on your schedule, it's likely that means YOU are the cupcake. That still stands.
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
      Terrific. Another uneaten cupcake left on the shelf.

Puts a lot of pressure on the boys to sweep next weekend.
      Ain't gonna happen.

0-2 at home against two of the most mediocre teams in the country? Uummmm....yeah

Your "supposed best goalie" gives up two shorties ON THE FIRST TWO EFFING SHOTS HE FACES??? Uummmm....yeah

This $hitShow Express has left the station...final destination Hockey East Cellar. Enjoy the ride, folks. If I were Umile, I would do some serious soul-searching at this point.

I suppose that the only solace is that when we finally hit bottom, no place to go but up. I was really hoping not to see the evil mid-80's seasons make a 30 year re-surfacing, but....I can't see much hope at this point.
      UNH

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
        Agreed 100%.

Not really. Do you have a better word for a 1-4-0 team with its only prior win as part of a split with UMass?

I'm not sure if you've checked in before ... but I've qualified this whole thing with the disclaimer that IF you can't spot the cupcakes on your schedule, it's likely that means YOU are the cupcake. That still stands.
        No, I understand completely. Just thought it humorous considering UNH IS the cupcake on everyone's schedule🙂

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnieb View Post
          I Just thought it humorous considering UNH IS the cupcake on everyone's schedule��
          Absolutely true until proven otherwise.
          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

We watched the feed tonight (which, was pretty good..free fortunately) thought we saw Clark was dressed? Yes? If he's ready he has to play this coming weekend...Just what is his status? Vela...hurry back!
            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Look on the bright side. Maine got smoked tonight 5-0 and are 0-2-1 in their last three. Of course Maine fans are already raising a banner after winning their first three.

I'm just here to help though
              UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                We watched the feed tonight (which, was pretty good..free fortunately) thought we saw Clark was dressed? Yes? If he's ready he has to play this coming weekend...Just what is his status? Vela...hurry back!
                We saw Clark and a couple other players warming up with a soccer ball on the concourse when we were doing our "pre-game walk". He looked pretty healthy to me, all three goalies were dressed for the game.
                UNH

Comment

Did anyone see Clark taking shots in warmups? I only saw him stretching and warming up at center ice. Either way, the fact that he was dressed for the game is promising.

Question for the group, what do you do with McNicholas when Vela gets back? Do you demote Miller and have McNick center that line? Do you break up the freshman line? (in my opinion demoting BvR if you do that) Or do you let him rot away on the 4th line? I was not happy with the really bad turnover and the bad penalty at the end but his overall play tonight was decent for a getting the rust out game. While I like the freshman 3rd line I think they could use some experience up the middle with McNick and let Blackburn and Grasso run the wings. McNicholas centering Eiserman and Vela sounds good to me as well. Don't get me wrong, I think Miller is a good player, I just do not think right now he is your best 2nd line center with #11 back in the mix.

Comment

• Originally posted by deltabravo62 View Post
                    (When Vela gets back) Do you demote Miller and have McNick center that line?
                    Yes, in a heartbeat I make this decision...
                    Live Free or Die!!
                    Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                      Oh is this a cup cake ref?!? Here we go 2nd!
                      Yes; 4C's = Colorado College Cup Cake. It takes a cup cake to know a cup cake.

Comment

“It’s pathetic,” said UNH coach Dick Umile.

Foster's

Comment

What could Dickie be referring to? Last night's attendance? Recruiting? The program's competitive level? There are so many possibilities.

Comment

Originally posted by skyraider0609 View Post
                            What could Dickie be referring to? Last night's attendance? Recruiting? The program's competitive level? There are so many possibilities.
                            You left out one level above Dickie. The women are 1-6, so Marty's seamless transition plans are stupendous.
                            The Souza record:
                            15-16 10th place
                            16-17 10th place
                            17-18 11th place
                            18-19 8th place
                            19-20 9th place
                            20-21 10th place
                            21-22 9th place
                            22-23 10th place

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                              Agreed 100%.

Chatting with some CC fans/parents last night, there was clear agreement that we were watching a cup cake tilt.

I offered that playing us after BC must be like a get out of jail card. They agreed. I mentioned having to play BC twice every year. They responded with CC having to play North Dakota four times every year.
                              I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by deltabravo62 View Post
                                Did anyone see Clark taking shots in warmups? I only saw him stretching and warming up at center ice. Either way, the fact that he was dressed for the game is promising.

Question for the group, what do you do with McNicholas when Vela gets back? Do you demote Miller and have McNick center that line? Do you break up the freshman line? (in my opinion demoting BvR if you do that) Or do you let him rot away on the 4th line? I was not happy with the really bad turnover and the bad penalty at the end but his overall play tonight was decent for a getting the rust out game. While I like the freshman 3rd line I think they could use some experience up the middle with McNick and let Blackburn and Grasso run the wings. McNicholas centering Eiserman and Vela sounds good to me as well. Don't get me wrong, I think Miller is a good player, I just do not think right now he is your best 2nd line center with #11 back in the mix.
                                db62
                                Great questions. i was asking those in bed last night as I tried to find sleep after another tough game. McNic has very good hands and a strong shot, but is not very strong in the corner or on the boards. I like Millers game a lot but he just can't seem to produce. Most of his production came in the first half of last year. Fast careful with the puck, but.... I too like the 3rd line as is but they continue to struggle finding chemistry. Not sure if this is where you put Miller? I am still a 3vR fan and continue to think that there is more there than has yet appeared. These are kids (vRs) who are just great human beings and lack the hunger/desperation of some young hopefuls. It will come.
                                We can slam the D, but 2 shots = 2 goals, OMG! This isn't a team than can dig out of holes game after game. Plus down 2 requires an approach to your offense that they are not ready for at this point in the season.

Comment

Working...
                                X