Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2016-17 -- We're Going to Have a Hockey Season Here!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNH Wildcats 2016-17 -- We're Going to Have a Hockey Season Here!!

The Frosh work hard but of course it's obvious they need to develop...really like the hustle tho. D def had some break down Falcons have that French line doing the trick..
    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Uh in a fire drill /alarm?!?! Anyhoo back at it

ARGGH Nazarian gets a great goal then we give up a soft one 🙄 3-1 Bentley. Looks like this cream puff board has some angst after all...😉
      Last edited by HockeyRef; 10-08-2016, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Nazarian scores, 2-1...
        Live Free or Die!!
        Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
          ARGGH Nazarian gets a great goal then we give up a soft one.
          A soft goal on the first opposing shot after a UNH goal? Is it Feb. 2 already? How many times will we relive it until Clark gets a real chance?
          Live Free or Die!!
          Miami University '03

Comment

Hard to believe this could happen with all the sunshine coming out of the AD and those "close" to the program...
            Live Free or Die!!
            Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
              A soft goal on the first opposing shot after a UNH goal? Is it Feb. 2 already? How many times will we relive it until Clark gets a real chance?
              1. That makes two very soft goals. Clark has to start next game. DT not getting it done.

2. In this case, SOG is very misleading. Our chances have largely been of the low-quality variety.

3. Wyse is impressive. He's huge, and very skilled. Might be the best Cat

4. Frosh, in general, seeing a good bit of ice time, including on the PP. at one point, I counted 3 freshmen on a 5-on-4 PP.

5. TyK is clearly a skilled player, but being 5'6", 160, has clear disadvantages, in his case.
              Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

UNH down 4-1. So much for scheduling "cupcakes". At least a cupcake is a finished product. UNH is currently a bowl of batter....

Comment

So eating my words Snively65 still good to see all of you guys tonight. See you again in the near future. Disappointing night ...

Comment

Brady got four games for deflated footballs. How many games does Tirone get for deflating his entire hockey team?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                      Next weekend with the split games should be interesting to see what transpires here...goaltending wise anyway.

Place was a morgue too...

Comment

Empty net UNH with 4 mins left...annndddd shortie on the PP Bentley 5-1
                        Last edited by HockeyRef; 10-08-2016, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Happy Sunday. Just some thoughts to move us to the front page. First, someone just tell me we just had a bad night

Is McNick injured? Academic issues? I know what's up with Hill, but we could use McNick in the offense (using the term loosely this morning) at least he has experience? This morning I'm still not understanding just how we fell apart after a decent start (or so it seemed) the first 10 m ins. into the period. But not scoring, or getting any quality shots, was the death knell. 3 / 5 on 3's...no real decent shots to net on a consistent basis, the goal tending. Hats off to the Falcons they took total advantage of every weak spot we presented and it was not...pretty. Lest we forget Bentley gave us quite the game last season and while I don't know their team from a hole in the wall I would say they looked like a cohesive unit who knew how to play together. (How we did NOT take advantage of those PP's is just ughhhh and I imagine they will have to clean that up (Bentley) as on another night it would've killed them)

If anything positive can be said about of this game it's the continued game experience our Frosh are getting. They are going to improve and thank goodness they are getting the chance. Ara N continues to look great; he and TyK are a great combo. Salvaggio does have a hard shot and I think that line will come together. Vela, we need him...no doubt about it...but it will be at least a month from what I understand. Was hoping for more from Eiserman last night; I know he has it in him but hey he's not the only one who didn't bring their A game fwiw dept. Goals, goals, goals...2 games now and we still aren't seeing it.

Going to fully agree with wildcatdc's appraisal of the team; esp. on the Wyse comments. I know this is a long shot but with a few games under his belt, I see no reason why he wouldn't start top D pair with Cleland. I mean, why not??? Need a lot more from Cam Marks; he's got the ability but needs to really grind it out a lot more than I saw last night. (correct if wrong) At times we looked so unprepared, and I'm trying to be completely fair as of course it's the first game but had more expectations on what we saw. And did we see Dylan Chanter centering a line last night? Aerman pointed it out between periods I do remember him on the ice but it was lost on me.

Folks we will have a fuller picture after this coming weekend with the 2 games in the North Country (or whatever they call it up there/over there). Personally I think if we can come out with a split, it would be gratifying. Lots of work to do, lots of it. No doubt Clarky is going to get a start out of the two and I think it will be on Friday. And finally, even tho the schedule is what it is (this "cupcake" schedule) is anyone totally surprised? Did we think we were / are going to whip these teams 5-0??? Or, maybe the word is should...
                          Last edited by HockeyRef; 10-09-2016, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                            Happy Sunday. Just some thoughts to move us to the front page. First, someone just tell me we just had a bad night

Is McNick injured? Academic issues? I know what's up with Hill, but we could use McNick in the offense (using the term loosely this morning) at least he has experience? This morning I'm still not understanding just how we fell apart after a decent start (or so it seemed) the first 10 m ins. into the period. But not scoring, or getting any quality shots, was the death knell. 3 / 5 on 3's...no real decent shots to net on a consistent basis, the goal tending. Hats off to the Falcons they took total advantage of every weak spot we presented and it was not...pretty. Lest we forget Bentley gave us quite the game last season and while I don't know their team from a hole in the wall I would say they looked like a cohesive unit who knew how to play together. (How we did NOT take advantage of those PP's is just ughhhh and I imagine they will have to clean that up (Bentley) as on another night it would've killed them)

If anything positive can be said about of this game it's the continued game experience our Frosh are getting. They are going to improve and thank goodness they are getting the chance. Ara N continues to look great; he and TyK are a great combo. Salvaggio does have a hard shot and I think that line will come together. Vela, we need him...no doubt about it...but it will be at least a month from what I understand. Was hoping for more from Eiserman last night; I know he has it in him but hey he's not the only one who didn't bring their A game fwiw dept. Goals, goals, goals...2 games now and we still aren't seeing it.

Going to fully agree with wildcatdc's appraisal of the team; esp. on the Wyse comments. I know this is a long shot but with a few games under his belt, I see no reason why he wouldn't start top D pair with Cleland. I mean, why not??? Need a lot more from Cam Marks; he's got the ability but needs to really grind it out a lot more than I saw last night. (correct if wrong) At times we looked so unprepared, and I'm trying to be completely fair as of course it's the first game but had more expectations on what we saw. And did we see Dylan Chanter centering a line last nig also. Third line had ht? Aerman pointed it out between periods I do remember him on the ice but it was lost on me.

Folks we will have a fuller picture after this coming weekend with the 2 games in the North Country (or whatever they call it up there/over there). Personally I think if we can come out with a split, it would be gratifying. Lots of work to do, lots of it. No doubt Clarky is going to get a start out of the two and I think it will be on Friday. And finally, even tho the schedule is what it is (this "cupcake" schedule) is anyone totally surprised? Did we think we were / are going to whip these teams 5-0??? Or, maybe the word is should...
                            Ref
                            Like all that you note. Just not sure about the missing duo. Did not see them in the building, and usually the extras filter down to the tunnel at the end of the game. First line still struggling to find a rhythm. Second line appears to be starting from scratch with Vela out. The third line is a work in progress but I still very much like what I see. Great start as you note but just could not bury one. It really coulda/shoulda been 5-3 but we had no puck luck.
                            D is okay (not great) at getting it out, could still be a big problem in HE play and they sure can get beat way to easily. And a great goalie makes those saves! This was a very discouraged team last night. You could see it after the first period. Next weekend will show us what is in the room. Not that we need a sweep, but we need to show growth and improvement.

Comment

I have no idea about Hill or McNick. Chanter centering the 4th line is due to us literally having no forwards left after Vela being injured and whatever is going on with the other two. It's pretty rough when it's the first game of the season and you only have one healthy/eligible player not on the ice (Nonis), thanks recruiting staff!

Simply put, Tirone 4.0 is back... Back to the form he had the majority of last year. The team is attacking and doing great then he lets in two really soft goals and takes the whole team down with him. The first goal was not nearly as soft as the second one but they were still really bad on his part. If Clark does not start on Friday, that's a huge mistake. If Clark does well, keep him in there. The third and fourth goals against were pretty bad too. I'm not trying to pile on and say it's all his fault but it's time to let Clark have his shot at it, you might just be surprised with the results.

Tyler Kelleher, if you're reading this, STOP WITH THE DEFENSIVE ZONE MOVE TO THE FRONT OF THE NET! You have turned over the puck twice in two games there leading to goals against (UNB's only goal and last nights third).

Now, I'm stuck with one sound in my head coming out of this game, the dull thud of about 20-30 shots missing wide and slamming the boards... Mostly during those power plays that we did oh so well on. The fact of the matter is that this team had 45 game minutes to recover and they could not do it with plenty of opportunity given to them. So where do they go from here? Does the coaching staff keep running Tirone 4.0 out there until we have another UMass meltdown? Some pretty tough tests in upstate NY coming up this week so I guess lets wait and see what happens.

Edit: Forgot to add my positive takeaway from the game... Eiserman played very well out there and has really calmed down his feeling the need to get into stupid penalty situations, so good on him for that.

As previously mentioned, Nazarian is tearing things up out there. Kelleher is doing well but really needs to tighten up his defensive zone play, as previously stated his weak passes/turnovers are not helping things.

And yeah, that's about it. The freshmen are as described, developing but definitely need time to get things rolling for that group.
                              Last edited by deltabravo62; 10-09-2016, 10:08 AM.

Comment

St. Lawrence split their games this weekend on the road at Penn State
                                Clarkson split their games this weekend (home and away) vs. UVM

Those are winnable games. Not "cupcakes", but eminently winnable games.

Then again ... if you look at the schedule and don't see any cupcakes ... that means YOU are the cupcake.
                                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                                Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Working...
                                X