Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2016-17 -- We're Going to Have a Hockey Season Here!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    The Catamounts went through a worse hockey hazing debacle a couple of decades ago, from which it took them years to recover. Those hippies just never learn.
    Nobody will ever forget the, ahem, elephant in the room.
    Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Re: UNH Wildcats 2016-17 -- We're Going to Have a Hockey Season Here!!

Looks like Pots (for now) is playing for the Checkers again (just scored a goal) and Foegele is still hanging in with the big boys club (Hurricanes)...
      I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

BC losing to Air Force here in CO - with an unrecognizable team that seems to be 2/3s new faces. Have not scored a goal during play with eight minutes to go. Cangelosi's goal was on a penalty shot. BC currently winning the penalty minute battle 27 to 12. Big night so far for Mass. native Shane Starett in the AF net...

UNH will still hand it to the fighting snivelys, NBD...
        Live Free or Die!!
        Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
          Looks like Pots (for now) is playing for the Checkers again (just scored a goal) and Foegele is still hanging in with the big boys club (Hurricanes)...
          Wait? Foegele? the same Foegele who wasn't good enough to play on a top two line at UNH?

But Umile's preference for older players is just a myth am i right!? A few of the best forwards in UNH history bucked the trend late in the season, so it has to be a myth. Right?
          Live Free or Die!!
          Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
            BC losing to Air Force here in CO - with an unrecognizable team that seems to be 2/3s new faces. Have not scored a goal during play with eight minutes to go. Cangelosi's goal was on a penalty shot. BC currently winning the penalty minute battle 27 to 12. Big night so far for Mass. native Shane Starett in the AF net...

UNH will still hand it to the fighting snivelys, NBD...
            Cats fans brimming with confidence! :-)

Comment

Concord Monitor article:

http://www.concordmonitor.com/UNH-me...entley-5255195

Bummer we are losing Marcus Vela for at least a month...

Game Day folks! Predictions? 'Cats 3-2. Big thing...who will lead the 'Cats out onto the ice? My bet is on Tirone, but, wouldn't be surprised to see Clarky. Go 'Cats!!

Comment

Quitters, the both of 'em. Good riddance.

oops, sorry - should have posted this on the grumpy old men thread

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                Wait? Foegele? the same Foegele who wasn't good enough to play on a top two line at UNH?

But Umile's preference for older players is just a myth am i right!? A few of the best forwards in UNH history bucked the trend late in the season, so it has to be a myth. Right?
                It's certainly going to make Coach look a little foolish if he makes the show ... but I think he'll be rooming/busing with his fellow UNH defector soon enough. I do agree with your overall point, though, Dan.
                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Chuck

Umile loved Foegele and was very clear that he was the most talented (NHL talent) player on the roster. I agree that fourth line duty against Union was probably a poor call. He spent a lot of time on the power play and they struggled with the fit with the true first line with Correale vs Foegele. There was only one puck and Poturalski and Kelleher were the stars and Correale was the finisher. Foegele could do it on his own. I know that he was bumped for the senior line and he would have been with Vela and Nazarian last year in November and it would have been great. I really liked Warren and wish him the best. I wish he was comfortable in Durham. I believe he will be a great NHL player. Coach Umile had a soft spot for Warren Foegele and remember he was 17 years old when he came to UNH. He was great his freshmen year with Poturalski and Kelleher late in the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                    It's certainly going to make Coach look a little foolish if he makes the show ... but I think he'll be rooming/busing with his fellow UNH defector soon enough. I do agree with your overall point, though, Dan.
                    Well - we obviously disagree on Poturalski's departure, whether he makes the NHL on a consistent basis or not. But since we've already had that conversation I'll just point out that Foegele is still just 20 years old and won't turn 21 until April. The success he had last year in MJ and this season in training camp point towards a bright future that was never given a chance in Durham...
                    Live Free or Die!!
                    Miami University '03

Comment

Concord Monitor article:

http://www.concordmonitor.com/UNH-me...entley-5255195

Bummer we are losing Marcus Vela for at least a month...

Game Day folks! Predictions? 'Cats 3-2. Big thing...who will lead the 'Cats out onto the ice? My bet is on Tirone, but, wouldn't be surprised to see Clarky. Go 'Cats!!
                      I am sticking with my earlier prediction that there will be fewer than nine total goals at the Whitt tonight.

Comment

I am sticking with my earlier prediction that there will be fewer than nine total goals at the Whitt tonight.
                        If last night's games are any indication you may see very little 5 on 5 play.

Comment

DT leads the team out...Inactives include Hill , McNick, Nonis and Vela
                          Last edited by HockeyRef; 10-08-2016, 05:47 PM.

Comment

I'm piling on, and I like HR's prediction: 3-2 'Cats.
                            Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Bentley scores first 2 shots to UNH's 12. DT beat on glove side. 'Cats come out with lots of energy get a couple of PP's need a few more quality shots and ugh...another Bentley goal 2-0 Falcons. Physical play by Bentley earns them zone time...Kelleher is an easy mark.
                              Last edited by HockeyRef; 10-08-2016, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Bentley scores first 2 shots to UNH's 12. DT beat on glove side. 'Cats come out with lots of energy get a couple of PP's need a few more quality shots and ugh...another Bentley goal 2-0 Falcons. Physical play by Bentley earns them zone time...Kelleher is an easy mark.
                                Well, I mean nobody could have seen the goaltending situation opening up like this. Wait...
                                Live Free or Die!!
                                Miami University '03

Comment

Working...
                                X