Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2016-17 -- We're Going to Have a Hockey Season Here!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Re: UNH Wildcats 2016-17 -- We're Going to Have a Hockey Season Here!!

    Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
    Greg
    Yes, Yes and Yes!
    We all talk about recruits and needing quality. When they come to the Whitt now they will see and feel nothing. Okay, it is what it is and the complaints will continue as perhaps they should. But as a fan of UNH Hockey we have a responsibility to control what we can control - the atmosphere of the Whitt.
    Few stood (as few attended) as the team entered or left the ice. Sure we were disappointed and I felt sick at the outcome Saturday, but stand we must or we are contributing to the only think that we can control and that is the energy in the room. Sure it is best when they provide it, but true fans support and encourage. Complain about the coaching, recruiting and the AD but support the team.
    You are absolutely right; support the team 100%. They deserve that much. I know it means a lot to them and we can continue to show that support. As per bringing recruits to a game I have a feeling they try to reserve that for big support nights like "White out the Whitt'. That's the first time I went to a game and that's what attracted me to jump on board. That was 4 years ago. We in our section do what we can and will keep it up, recognizing we aren't the kids (although we do try hahaha).
    Here we go 'Cats!!

    Comment


    • #77
      Re: UNH Wildcats 2016-17 -- We're Going to Have a Hockey Season Here!!

      Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
      Greg
      Yes, Yes and Yes!
      We all talk about recruits and needing quality. When they come to the Whitt now they will see and feel nothing. Okay, it is what it is and the complaints will continue as perhaps they should. But as a fan of UNH Hockey we have a responsibility to control what we can control - the atmosphere of the Whitt.
      Few stood (as few attended) as the team entered or left the ice. Sure we were disappointed and I felt sick at the outcome Saturday, but stand we must or we are contributing to the only think that we can control and that is the energy in the room. Sure it is best when they provide it, but true fans support and encourage. Complain about the coaching, recruiting and the AD but support the team.
      Oops, sorry ATW - I saw Greg's post and didn't see your recruit comment until after I posted. Well said.
      Signature line intentionally left blank.

      Comment


      • #78
        Re: UNH Wildcats 2016-17 -- We're Going to Have a Hockey Season Here!!

        Interesting to read some of the comments, they have been said in the Maine threads for several years almost verbatim, its quite sad how far both programs have fallen
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

        Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

        Comment


        • #79
          Re: UNH Wildcats 2016-17 -- We're Going to Have a Hockey Season Here!!

          "UNH Captain's Corner: Season Opening Loss to Bentley"
          The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

          Comment


          • #80
            Re: UNH Wildcats 2016-17 -- We're Going to Have a Hockey Season Here!!

            Amen to that Walrus! Just a mere 17 years ago, both programs played a classic in LA, showcasing the best of college hockey!

            Comment


            • #81
              Re: UNH Wildcats 2016-17 -- We're Going to Have a Hockey Season Here!!

              Originally posted by zoofer View Post
              Amen to that Walrus! Just a mere 17 years ago, both programs played a classic in LA, showcasing the best of college hockey!
              That mere 17 years was the year almost to the day before a defenseman we are recruiting was born in Anaheim.
              http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=354045

              The dancer slows her frantic pace
              In pain and desperation
              Her aching limbs and downcast face
              Aglow with perspiration

              Stiff as wire, her lungs on fire
              With just the briefest pause
              The flooding through her memory
              The echoes of old applause

              She limps across the floor
              And closes her bedroom door

              The writer stares with glassy eyes
              Defies the empty page
              His beard is white, his face is lined
              And streaked with tears of rage

              Thirty years ago, how the words would flow
              With passion and precision
              But now his mind is dark and dulled
              By sickness and indecision
              And he stares out the kitchen door
              Where the sun will rise no more

              Some are born to move the world
              To live their fantasies
              But most of us just dream about
              The things we'd like to be

              Sadder still to watch it die
              Than never to have known it
              For you, the blind who once could see
              The bell tolls for thee, bell tolls for
              For you, the blind who once could see
              Bell tolls for thee, bell tolls for thee
              The Umile legacy:
              14-15 8th place,
              15-16 10th place
              16-17 10th place
              17-18 11th place
              18-19 8th place
              19-20 9th place
              20-21 10th place
              21-22 9th place

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                That mere 17 years was the year almost to the day before a defenseman we are recruiting was born in Anaheim.
                http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=354045

                The dancer slows her frantic pace
                In pain and desperation
                Her aching limbs and downcast face
                Aglow with perspiration

                Stiff as wire, her lungs on fire
                With just the briefest pause
                The flooding through her memory
                The echoes of old applause

                She limps across the floor
                And closes her bedroom door

                The writer stares with glassy eyes
                Defies the empty page
                His beard is white, his face is lined
                And streaked with tears of rage

                Thirty years ago, how the words would flow
                With passion and precision
                But now his mind is dark and dulled
                By sickness and indecision
                And he stares out the kitchen door
                Where the sun will rise no more

                Some are born to move the world
                To live their fantasies
                But most of us just dream about
                The things we'd like to be

                Sadder still to watch it die
                Than never to have known it
                For you, the blind who once could see
                The bell tolls for thee, bell tolls for
                For you, the blind who once could see
                Bell tolls for thee, bell tolls for thee
                You ARE losing it, Watcher. 🙂

                One of the post-Moving Pictures hidden gems.
                Signature line intentionally left blank.

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                  Good to see you, Ref, DC and Aerman at the game. At least we got a couple of laughs in to lighten things up!

                  I thought Bentley looked pretty good. UNH not so much.
                  Likewise, good seeing you and HR again and meeting aerman for first time between the first and second, and thanks for introducing yourself at my seat between the second and third, DC.

                  Nothing but blue skies moving forward, like today.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                    That mere 17 years was the year almost to the day before a defenseman we are recruiting was born in Anaheim.
                    http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=354045

                    The dancer slows her frantic pace
                    In pain and desperation
                    Her aching limbs and downcast face
                    Aglow with perspiration

                    Stiff as wire, her lungs on fire
                    With just the briefest pause
                    The flooding through her memory
                    The echoes of old applause

                    She limps across the floor
                    And closes her bedroom door

                    The writer stares with glassy eyes
                    Defies the empty page
                    His beard is white, his face is lined
                    And streaked with tears of rage

                    Thirty years ago, how the words would flow
                    With passion and precision
                    But now his mind is dark and dulled
                    By sickness and indecision
                    And he stares out the kitchen door
                    Where the sun will rise no more

                    Some are born to move the world
                    To live their fantasies
                    But most of us just dream about
                    The things we'd like to be

                    Sadder still to watch it die
                    Than never to have known it
                    For you, the blind who once could see
                    The bell tolls for thee, bell tolls for
                    For you, the blind who once could see
                    Bell tolls for thee, bell tolls for thee
                    Not that it would have made any difference in the 2003 final outcome, but if Garrett Stafford had been available first semester his senior year, DU might be a couple wins closer the magical 600 number.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Re: UNH Wildcats 2016-17 -- We're Going to Have a Hockey Season Here!!

                      FWIW dept. Warren F will play with his jr. team, the Frontenacs, this season...
                      Here we go 'Cats!!

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Re: UNH Wildcats 2016-17 -- We're Going to Have a Hockey Season Here!!

                        Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                        Not that it would have made any difference in the 2003 final outcome, but if Garrett Stafford had been available first semester his senior year, DU might be a couple wins closer the magical 600 number.
                        While we're on the subject of "The _____ for 600" I figured I would introduce a weekly feature this season which updates everyone on the outlook of our favorite soon-to-be-retired head hockey coach, and his progress towards the big goal - that next round number. So here is the first chapter of "Umile's Last Stand - The _____ for 600".

                        Umile's Last Stand - The Quest for 600"

                        Coach Umile's current career wins total: 571
                        Wins Remaining to the next round number: 29
                        *Games Remaining (Next 2 Seasons - Min.): 71
                        Win Pct. Required to Hit Target: approx. 40%
                        WIS Estimated Likelihood of Success: 80%
                        2016/2017 Cupcake Quotient to Date: 0/1 (0%)

                        Well, the "must-win" season opener at home against confirmed AHA cupcake Bentley certainly has the Wildcat faithful on edge, but in the big picture, it's a little too early to push the panic button. WIS experts have projected Coach Umile's Wildcats would amass at least 10 wins in the opening 18 game stretch of the season, until the calendar changes to 2017. WIS remains solid on this projection. There were always going to be bumps in the road, and while this one may have been a little earlier than expected, it allows our coaching staff to disabuse the young team about taking even the lesser opponents for granted. Fans are focused on whether Coach will give G Adam Clark a start in the North Country against either St. Lawrence or Clarkson. WIS predicts Clark will get the nod Friday, and Tirone will get a shot at early redemption Saturday against Clarkson. If Clark answers the bell, Coach has his first compelling decision to make; if he fails and Tirone bounces back, will it be same old, same old? We'll see soon enough ... but Coach Umile's quest for the next round number should still be an 80% likelihood, since Coach has regularly won well over 40% of his games (well, except for that last season thingie), and we should see two wins in the next 3 games to keep ahead of the modest required pace.

                        Predictions:

                        Friday: UNH 3 St. Lawrence 3
                        Saturday: UNH 4 Clarkson 1

                        NEXT CUPCAKE ON THE SHELF: 10/22/16 @ home vs. Colorado College

                        * - minimum games remaining assumes 34 regular season games, and at least 2 games in the MBPBEGAM "playoffs"
                        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                        Montreal Expos Forever ...

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Re: UNH Wildcats 2016-17 -- We're Going to Have a Hockey Season Here!!

                          I do believe these are the links for streaming the games this weekend (correct if wrong)

                          SLU:
                          http://saintsathletics.com/sports/20...917132022.aspx

                          Clarkson:
                          http://www.clarksonathletics.tv/

                          Go 'Cats!
                          Here we go 'Cats!!

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                            FWIW dept. Warren F will play with his jr. team, the Frontenacs, this season...
                            Watching TvR vs Blues on TV tonight, just like from last spring, except the Blues won this time, 5-2. :-(
                            Last edited by Snively65; 10-12-2016, 11:14 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                              While we're on the subject of "The _____ for 600" I figured I would introduce a weekly feature this season which updates everyone on the outlook of our favorite soon-to-be-retired head hockey coach, and his progress towards the big goal - that next round number. So here is the first chapter of "Umile's Last Stand - The _____ for 600".

                              Umile's Last Stand - The Quest for 600"

                              Coach Umile's current career wins total: 571
                              Wins Remaining to the next round number: 29
                              *Games Remaining (Next 2 Seasons - Min.): 71
                              Win Pct. Required to Hit Target: approx. 40%
                              WIS Estimated Likelihood of Success: 80%
                              2016/2017 Cupcake Quotient to Date: 0/1 (0%)

                              Well, the "must-win" season opener at home against confirmed AHA cupcake Bentley certainly has the Wildcat faithful on edge, but in the big picture, it's a little too early to push the panic button. WIS experts have projected Coach Umile's Wildcats would amass at least 10 wins in the opening 18 game stretch of the season, until the calendar changes to 2017. WIS remains solid on this projection. There were always going to be bumps in the road, and while this one may have been a little earlier than expected, it allows our coaching staff to disabuse the young team about taking even the lesser opponents for granted. Fans are focused on whether Coach will give G Adam Clark a start in the North Country against either St. Lawrence or Clarkson. WIS predicts Clark will get the nod Friday, and Tirone will get a shot at early redemption Saturday against Clarkson. If Clark answers the bell, Coach has his first compelling decision to make; if he fails and Tirone bounces back, will it be same old, same old? We'll see soon enough ... but Coach Umile's quest for the next round number should still be an 80% likelihood, since Coach has regularly won well over 40% of his games (well, except for that last season thingie), and we should see two wins in the next 3 games to keep ahead of the modest required pace.

                              Predictions:

                              Friday: UNH 3 St. Lawrence 3
                              Saturday: UNH 4 Clarkson 1

                              NEXT CUPCAKE ON THE SHELF: 10/22/16 @ home vs. Colorado College

                              * - minimum games remaining assumes 34 regular season games, and at least 2 games in the MBPBEGAM "playoffs"
                              What makes you think there are any cupcakes out there? From where I'm sitting there is a lot of parity out there!
                              GO BLUE/GO UNH

                              COLLEGE HOCKEY RULES

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                                What makes you think there are any cupcakes out there? From where I'm sitting there is a lot of parity out there!
                                As noted earlier, we have met the cupcake, and the cupcake is us. - Pogo

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X