Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2016-17 -- We're Going to Have a Hockey Season Here!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2016-17 -- We're Going to Have a Hockey Season Here!!

Originally posted by Felger View Post
    Basketball team knocks off Temple in the preseason NIT....hockey floats further under the radar
    Arguably one of the biggest wins in UNH Mens basketball history (if not the biggest road win). Meanwhile, across the street at the Whitt.......
    UNH

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
      Arguably one of the biggest wins in UNH Mens basketball history (if not the biggest road win). Meanwhile, across the street at the Whitt.......
      Agreed .... it was nice to watch it on ESPN3 and listen to the Temple announcers .... who were gracious in their loss and complimentary concerning current UNH basketball.

Comment

UNH hockey now surpassed by football AND squeakball?

Comment

• Originally posted by Felger View Post
          Basketball team knocks off Temple in the preseason NIT....hockey floats further under the radar
          Breakthrough win for UNHMBB for sure!
          Last edited by e.cat; 11-15-2016, 07:38 AM.
          UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
            Originally posted by Scott View Post
            Must all be down to the "supermoon". Any chance UNH Hockey can get Temple on their schedule next season?
            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
              I think it would be extremely naïve of Souza to assume he will take over as HC once DU's time is up, regardless of the results during his time as assistant/HC in training. If the program continues to tank, and there is nothing happening on the recruiting front, it would be foolish of BS35+4 (or 5) to just plug him in in March 2017/2018.
              I would think, Chuck, for you to think otherwise is naive. Promises were made. If they had not been, Souza would never have left UConn. If they aren't kept, why would any other prospective assistant,,never mind head coach, come to UNH?

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                I would think, Chuck, for you to think otherwise is naive. Promises were made. If they had not been, Souza would never have left UConn. If they aren't kept, why would any other prospective assistant,,never mind head coach, come to UNH?
                Are you are suggesting that UNH has a moral obligation to carry through on plan, even if not in contract? That's not how they deal with recruits, and this is between even more sophisticated parties, and the decision too important. At some point Marty has to be the hardass in the room rather that appeasing Dick. If you are engaged to a girl but during the engagement you determine it isn't going to work out, you owe it to yourself and her to break it off, no matter how painful.

I have previously used the Meatloaf Paradise metaphor to describe the crippling decision UNH made with Umile ("waiting for the end of time so I can end my time with you"). Let's not jump into a rebound relationship and make the same mistake out of loyalty to Dick. Hopefully at the end of the Engagement we remain smitten with Mike and can't wait to get to the altar with him. But halfway through the Engagement I had hoped for a bit more from him.
                Last edited by NCAA watcher; 11-16-2016, 06:16 AM.
                The Souza record:
                15-16 10th place
                16-17 10th place
                17-18 11th place
                18-19 8th place
                19-20 9th place
                20-21 10th place
                21-22 9th place
                22-23 10th place

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                  A lot of promises get made in the back seat of an old beat up Iroc Z when you are 16. You did what you had to do at the time... but you don't marry the girl when you are a few years older and wiser just because she took her pants off.
                  ...and if one has to make a promise to get somebody away from uconn, maybe that means what you are offering isn't all that great to begin with.
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                    A lot of promises get made in the back seat of an old beat up Iroc Z when you are 16. You did what you had to do at the time... but you don't marry the girl when you are a few years older and wiser just because she took her pants off.
                    What the he11 is an Iroc Z?

Those girls have always wondered who the he11 would marry you! haha

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                      I think 'Watcher covered my thoughts on this issue pretty well.

And nearly as much verbiage as a typical WIS post, too.

Comment

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                        [rant] You mean for the next time UNH is forced to make a decision 3 years in advance of the need to make it? UNH never should have let Umile bully them into hiring "like his son." If Marty did make the promise in any way conditional -- as the stories suggest -- UNH should make sure that the "like a son" lives up to that promise. Mike better start delivering any semblance of a result. I know you don't follow recruiting, but UNH's efforts are peculiar, shall we say. Not the sort of thing that screams "momentum and credibility." I'll caveat that with the exception to the rule, Bazin and Lowell, who appear to follow the similar refusal to recruit anyone (a) early and (b) from a known pool. Even their fans are discomforted by that approach, but Bazin at least has a track record as an assistant and now as a head coach to earn the benefit of the doubt (In Bazin we trust). Sorry, but two years at Brown and two years at DII U.Conn don't quite make me trust Mike's competence. (as an aside, why wouldn't Souza leave U.Conn. Cavanaugh is the HC for the long future unless he gets BC job, so it's not like Mike was giving up a job advancement path there. And if Mike is so well regarded as Umile sold him to Marty, I'm sure all the other DI head coaches will be clamoring to get him on their staff. He might even get a gig at a school that has been in the top-half of its conference during our lifetimes.)[/rant]
                        Can we make that "Luce Canaan-to-BC" thingie happen, pretty please?

I would carry him piggyback from Storrs to Chestnut Hill, just to make sure he got there safely.

Comment

If this year's trend continues, Men's basketball will meet or beat the number of wins earned by Men's hockey for the third season in a row.

I don't think that this has ever happened in recent history (say, the last 40 years)
                          UNH

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
                            If this year's trend continues, Men's basketball will meet or beat the number of wins earned by Men's hockey for the third season in a row.

I don't think that this has ever happened in recent history (say, the last 40 years)
                            That is amazing! Who would have thunk it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post

Men's squeakball had very good team in 1994-1995 with Gib Champman as coach and players Scott Drapeau, Matt Alosa, and Matt Acres, as they went 19-9, the year that hockey team played in Manchvegas. But, true, their success was short-lived, with the only other barely winning record of 15-13 the year before.

Comment

Men's squeakball had very good team in 1994-1995 with Gib Champman as coach and players Scott Drapeau, Matt Alosa, and Matt Acres, as they went 19-9, the year that hockey team played in Manchvegas. But, true, their success was short-lived, with the only other barely winning record of 15-13 the year before.
                                Big fan of the Drapeau era teams. Unfortunately all too brief, but maybe Herrion's finally got it turned around?

Comment

Working...
                                X