Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2016-17 -- We're Going to Have a Hockey Season Here!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post

Regarding their "all world" goalie, I think in games like this against so called "cupcakes" you need your goalie to be a game changer which he was. Same could be said for the Bentley goalie who also stonewalled UNH. Think of it, for a Bentley or a Sacred Heart to come into Durham and pull off a W is a big deal.
    E - no doubt he played a nice game - you're right. I'm just ticked that we can't seem to slam home the rebounds and loose pucks.
    Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2016-17 -- We're Going to Have a Hockey Season Here!!

I'm just ticked that 80% of the cupcake goal tenders we play look like Ken Dryden.
      I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
        Ref
        You mentioned taking the Green line. That will certainly work, but be aware that it will still be mobbed at that time. Rush hour is a b....., especially on the Green Line. Road traffic will even effect it up by BC. Start early if you chose that route. Start early if you drive all the way in. Week nights and rush hour never work for the Boston games. What happened to the early scheduled Saturday night date for this one? Also no one is talking about 3 games in 5 days. Scares me with the goalie situation. Any more on Clarkie? The 4th line was major energy last night. I say when it is working give it more time. He did actually let them play more than 1 whistle at least once. He tends to run that first line ragged at the end of games.
        Me and my ST seat mate are going to drive in...I know it's not fun to get there which is why I don't like to go to BC (but we all know I love the Agganis!!) I'll pass it on we need to leave early. Lots of peeps are complaining about the scheduling getting into Boston, on a week night? Yeah wait till next weekend when we will be where 'Mack was last week with a ton of games when they played us. At least we are not playing Friday... (And we replay 'Mack next Sunday)

Have not heard a thing about Clarkie. Doubting DT will be out of the crease anytime soon unless he strings a few rough games together DU likes him period. We commented on the 4th line...Jamie Hill works hard out there and I do like Fregona. Bet he will be changed out tonight with Sacco. Who will take Naz's place out there? Most likely Miller. Bet his injury is like the Brett Pesce knee thing where he missed a ton of games...let's hope not!! Well back to the 'Whitt we go hoping to give MH a hurtin'. Ha!!
        I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
          I'm just ticked that 80% of the cupcake goal tenders we play look like Ken Dryden.
          Now that...is a good one. I know right??? Sigh.

Comment

• Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
            E - no doubt he played a nice game - you're right. I'm just ticked that we can't seem to slam home the rebounds and loose pucks.
            Ditto dc!
            UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
              Dryden was an SOG killer

Comment

BTW, I got a tweet that Obama will be at the Whit Monday stumping for HRC. He11 I could go see Beyonce if she was coming. Obama not so much, although he'll probably pack the place. Just sayin'

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
                  I remember John Conroy as the National Anthem singer, but not seated behind the organ. I thought the organ player was somebody else?
                  Faith Stiles was the organist. I think she lasted a couple of years.

Comment

Last night in the game of inches the team was off by those inches. Too many passes in the skates or not receiving passes that actually hit their sticks. I will go out on a limb and say that Clark gets the start tonight (provided he is fully healthy, DU said he was last week in his interview with the Merrimack radio guy). Not because I believe a rotation is coming with Tirone having some stronger showings of late, but because BC is coming up on Tuesday. As a big Tirone doubter, I see that he is getting some momentum going against some of the weaker competition he will face this year. Both goals against last night were not on him being out of position or flat on the ice, so hopefully if he is "the guy this continues.

As the first sentence said, things were just off last night. Clean it up a bit and the result will be better. Also Tyler Kelleher, if you are reading this, if you are being defended by 4 players in the offensive zone try a pass to one of the three open guys please. That move that makes the defeneder fall on his *** works when its just one guy but when it's more than one you turn the puck over 80% of the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                      BTW, I got a tweet that Obama will be at the Whit Monday stumping for HRC. He11 I could go see Beyonce if she was coming. Obama not so much, although he'll probably pack the place. Just sayin'
                      Haha me and my bleeding heart liberal friends are going I should pitch a tent on the fh field 😉

Comment

• Originally posted by deltabravo62 View Post
                        Last night in the game of inches the team was off by those inches. Too many passes in the skates or not receiving passes that actually hit their sticks. I will go out on a limb and say that Clark gets the start tonight (provided he is fully healthy, DU said he was last week in his interview with the Merrimack radio guy). Not because I believe a rotation is coming with Tirone having some stronger showings of late, but because BC is coming up on Tuesday. As a big Tirone doubter, I see that he is getting some momentum going against some of the weaker competition he will face this year. Both goals against last night were not on him being out of position or flat on the ice, so hopefully if he is "the guy this continues.

As the first sentence said, things were just off last night. Clean it up a bit and the result will be better. Also Tyler Kelleher, if you are reading this, if you are being defended by 4 players in the offensive zone try a pass to one of the three open guys please. That move that makes the defeneder fall on his *** works when its just one guy but when it's more than one you turn the puck over 80% of the time.
                        Nice recap, DB. there was a lot more tape-to-skate last night than tape-to-tape. And I don't think I could count on just two hands how many passes back to the point ended up in our own end. Brutal.

With regards to TyK, again, 100% with you. Seems like he's ok in space, but when he gets in traffic, or a bigger guy gets a body in him, it results in a turnover. Tremendously talented, but has certain limitations.

Comment

TK, Eiserman were trying desperately to make something happen. TK was trying to do to much, but it is understandable.
                          I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                            Nice recap, DB. there was a lot more tape-to-skate last night than tape-to-tape. And I don't think I could count on just two hands how many passes back to the point ended up in our own end. Brutal.

With regards to TyK, again, 100% with you. Seems like he's ok in space, but when he gets in traffic, or a bigger guy gets a body in him, it results in a turnover. Tremendously talented, but has certain limitations.
                            In the three games that I have seen this season, neither TyK's linemates nor his D-men seem to be able to get open, even when TyK is double- and triple-teamed. Rather, his teammates are constantly bumping into one another, clogging up along the boards, completely out of position, functioning more like the opposition than teammates. Kinda' like the bantams who sometimes play between periods, as I noted in an earlier post. We must be watching different games. I have been sitting 10 rows up along the blue line in the offensive zone on UNH bench side, so in a good position to observe TyK and the Cats version of the Keystone Cops.

But, here is another take on our "cupcake" OOC schedule. Perhaps good teams no longer want to schedule us, because even a win against us would hurt their own PWR? Just being contrarian here.
                            Last edited by Snively65; 11-05-2016, 12:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                              In the three games that I have seen this season, neither TyK's linemates nor his D-men seem to be able to get open, even when TyK is double- and triple-teamed. Rather, his teammates are constantly bumping into one another, clogging up along the boards, completely out of position, functioning more like the opposition than teammates. Kinda' like the bantams who sometimes play between periods, as I noted in an earlier post. We must be watching different games. I have been sitting 10 rows up along the blue line in the offensive zone on UNH bench side, so in a good position to observe TyK and the Cats version of the Keystone Cops.

But, here is another take on our "cupcake" OOC schedule. Perhaps good teams no longer want to schedule us, because even a win against us would hurt their own PWR? Just being contrarian here.
                              No, we are watching the same games. From basically the same spot, as you know, Snively. I'm just a few rows up from you.

Didn't see you last night, so I'm not sure if you were there, but I think DB's comments were spot on, with regards to last night, anyway.

I absolutely agree with you (and held back in my previous post so as not to seem overly negative) that Salvaggio and McNicholas have generally not appeared to be providing a whole lot of support. If you go back just a few posts, I was clear on what I thought of our first line in relation to our frosh line. I think TyK (as Darius alludes to), feels like he needs to do more on his own than he'd like to.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                                That's actually a pretty good take, Snively. UNH's own status as a "cupcake" can't be overlooked.

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                                Regarding their "all world" goalie, I think in games like this against so called "cupcakes" you need your goalie to be a game changer which he was. Same could be said for the Bentley goalie who also stonewalled UNH. Think of it, for a Bentley or a Sacred Heart to come into Durham and pull off a W is a big deal. These are classic "trap" games. Chuck likes to say these are gimmes for UNH but I disagree. These are trap games for UNH!
                                Agree and disagree. I didn't see last night's game ... but in the Bentley game, while UNH piled up a lot of shots, the quality of the shots weren't that great, and those that were quality chances were often shot right at their goalie. That's not an "all world" goalie beating you, that's p!$$ poor finishing and beating yourself. Maybe last night was different? Sounds like more on here were impressed with this kid than with the Bentley goalie.

As far as the whole "trap" game concept ... correct me if I'm wrong here, but to be a "trap" victim, you have to be a clearly superior team that's looking past an opponent to a more challenging game(s) to follow. This was Sacred frickin' Heart at home, a cupcake if ever there was one ... and we are to believe UNH was looking past them due to the all-imposing powerhouse coming to town tonight that is ... Mercyhurst???

I absolutely positively would have classified tonight's Mercyhurst game as the more likely "trap" game - assuming UNH beat SHU and was looking ahead to the BC game on Tuesday. The best description of UNH's performance last night (pretty much by unanimous agreement) wasn't "trap", but another 4 letter word that rhymes with "trap".
                                Last edited by Chuck Murray; 11-05-2016, 12:42 PM.
                                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                                Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Working...
                                X