Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2016-17 -- We're Going to Have a Hockey Season Here!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: UNH Wildcats 2016-17 -- We're Going to Have a Hockey Season Here!!

    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
    Would you agree that they should split the starts?
    I do not know about the others, but I do, which is what I wanted to see in the second half two years ago also. I suggested then that each goalie gets to stay in net until a loss, then the other one rotates in, for which I got laughed off the board.

    Comment


    • Re: UNH Wildcats 2016-17 -- We're Going to Have a Hockey Season Here!!

      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
      Would you agree that they should split the starts?
      Yes through the first semester or until one fails miserably I agree with split starts

      Comment


      • Re: UNH Wildcats 2016-17 -- We're Going to Have a Hockey Season Here!!

        Originally posted by UNH1932 View Post
        Yes through the first semester or until one fails miserably I agree with split starts
        What do you think the chances are that Coach Umile will see it this way as well?

        Appreciate the latest on Vela. Any insight on the return(s) of Hill and/or McNicholas?

        Dan - I promised you the last word, so I'll just say I'm not convinced by your latest (or previous), but respect your opinion. And I won't pile on about your alleged intellectual dishonesty either.
        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
        Montreal Expos Forever ...

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
          And I won't pile on about your alleged intellectual dishonesty either.
          yeah about that - pretty gutsy move by 1932 to accuse me of dishonesty when the video evidence completely contradicts his first hand account. NOT ONE goal that weekend was scored on a break away or an odd man rush. Maybe "recollection" shouldn't be our primary point of evaluation...

          Friday - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a5WY_QTDZ2I

          Saturday - http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x404xcf_mens-hockey-sweeps-michigan-state-in-weekend-series_sport

          I'll let people decide for themselves about individual goals and overall performance. I see a lot of Tirone diving back across the crease - but maybe my eyes are being dishonest too...
          Last edited by Dan; 10-18-2016, 04:01 PM.
          Live Free or Die!!
          Miami University '03

          Comment


          • Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
            I can't pick on Dan on this one. It was precisely Clark's Hellebuyckian proportions that had me fired up for his arrival a few years back. 😄
            I don't know how but I missed your post earlier. Not trying to pile on Dan. In fact, I agree with those that say we should at least see a rotation of Clark and Tirone. Anyway, I'm just here to help
            GO BLUE/GO UNH

            COLLEGE HOCKEY RULES

            Comment


            • Re: UNH Wildcats 2016-17 -- We're Going to Have a Hockey Season Here!!

              Originally posted by Dan View Post
              yeah about that - pretty gutsy move by 1932 to accuse me of dishonesty when the video evidence completely contradicts his first hand account. NOT ONE goal that weekend was scored on a break away or an odd man rush. Maybe "recollection" shouldn't be our primary point of evaluation...

              Friday - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a5WY_QTDZ2I

              Saturday - http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x40...d-series_sport

              I'll let people decide for themselves about individual goals and overall performance. I see a lot of Tirone diving back across the crease - but maybe my eyes are being dishonest too...
              You are correct on the lack of 2 on 1 shown on the goals but it also showed how little help he had. I do not know what you want from a goalie as very few would have stopped any of the goals that MSU had that weekend as I do not believe it was on Tirone. I apologize on the intellectual dishonesty comment but there were two MSU near the net and only the goalie or out of position defensemen. We can agree to disagree.

              I want to say farewell to all as I am done with the UNH thread and hope you are all at the games and please stop by to say hello. I still do not believe the losses to MSU were on Danny Tirone and it would be hard to find anyone involved with the hockey program stating those losses were his fault or that he is not a better goalie. I agree they are both very good goalies but I defer to the experts at hockey to determine who they play and if they are playing more they have higher confidence in that goalie.

              Good luck to all and thanks for the years of providing me with your inputs and I hope we turn the corner soon as I am tired of being a second tier team but will not assign blame on any players. Dan , I believe you are a good guy and care about our team as much as anyone. I wish our program could do the things you ask of them, but we are not the first choice of most players and we never have been. Please keep the faith as soon enough, we will be back at the top.

              Comment


              • Re: UNH Wildcats 2016-17 -- We're Going to Have a Hockey Season Here!!

                Originally posted by UNH1932 View Post
                You are correct on the lack of 2 on 1 shown on the goals but it also showed how little help he had. I do not know what you want from a goalie as very few would have stopped any of the goals that MSU had that weekend as I do not believe it was on Tirone. I apologize on the intellectual dishonesty comment but there were two MSU near the net and only the goalie or out of position defensemen. We can agree to disagree.

                I want to say farewell to all as I am done with the UNH thread and hope you are all at the games and please stop by to say hello. I still do not believe the losses to MSU were on Danny Tirone and it would be hard to find anyone involved with the hockey program stating those losses were his fault or that he is not a better goalie. I agree they are both very good goalies but I defer to the experts at hockey to determine who they play and if they are playing more they have higher confidence in that goalie.

                Good luck to all and thanks for the years of providing me with your inputs and I hope we turn the corner soon as I am tired of being a second tier team but will not assign blame on any players. Dan , I believe you are a good guy and care about our team as much as anyone. I wish our program could do the things you ask of them, but we are not the first choice of most players and we never have been. Please keep the faith as soon enough, we will be back at the top.
                Sorry to see you leave, 32. I will stop by next time that I can get to the Whitt, but stop by where?

                Comment


                • Re: UNH Wildcats 2016-17 -- We're Going to Have a Hockey Season Here!!

                  Originally posted by UNH1932 View Post
                  You are correct on the lack of 2 on 1 shown on the goals but it also showed how little help he had. I do not know what you want from a goalie as very few would have stopped any of the goals that MSU had that weekend as I do not believe it was on Tirone. I apologize on the intellectual dishonesty comment but there were two MSU near the net and only the goalie or out of position defensemen. We can agree to disagree.

                  I want to say farewell to all as I am done with the UNH thread and hope you are all at the games and please stop by to say hello. I still do not believe the losses to MSU were on Danny Tirone and it would be hard to find anyone involved with the hockey program stating those losses were his fault or that he is not a better goalie. I agree they are both very good goalies but I defer to the experts at hockey to determine who they play and if they are playing more they have higher confidence in that goalie.

                  Good luck to all and thanks for the years of providing me with your inputs and I hope we turn the corner soon as I am tired of being a second tier team but will not assign blame on any players. Dan , I believe you are a good guy and care about our team as much as anyone. I wish our program could do the things you ask of them, but we are not the first choice of most players and we never have been. Please keep the faith as soon enough, we will be back at the top.
                  Stick around, please, and don't take this stuff personally. Just assume there's always going to be some level of disagreement, and that makes for more interesting discussions. I think we all want the same results on the ice - we all just tend to disagree on what needs to be done to make that happen. Simple, really.
                  Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                  Montreal Expos Forever ...

                  Comment


                  • Re: UNH Wildcats 2016-17 -- We're Going to Have a Hockey Season Here!!

                    Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                    Sorry to see you leave, 32.
                    So 32 and I and a number of other old fans are now among the missing. Ah well ...... this too shall pass. However, an interesting tale has surfaced and goes somewhat like this:

                    Once upon a time in the year 2008 a chief announced that retirement time was imminent (Foster's). However, difficult economic times came to the village and retirement no longer looked like a good idea. The chief unselfishly decided that perhaps it would be better if he continued as chief for a few more years. He did very well during that time, however the village appears to have struggled. In 2015 - strange as it seems - the chief convinced the village shaman that maybe 2018 would be good time to leave .... so he could train new chiefs. Rumor has it that a current villager was overheard as saying ...... "Do you remember some Hawaiian natives saying that in the past the leaders (perhaps missionaries) came to our islands to do good .... and they did very well."

                    But then who knows about these things ..............

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                      Stick around, please, and don't take this stuff personally. Just assume there's always going to be some level of disagreement, and that makes for more interesting discussions. I think we all want the same results on the ice - we all just tend to disagree on what needs to be done to make that happen. Simple, really.
                      Exactly. We even have many fans of other teams visiting here because they find our threads so intriguing, especially when compared to their own boring threads. I will not name names, but we know who they are.
                      Last edited by Snively65; 10-19-2016, 11:18 AM.

                      Comment


                      • Re: UNH Wildcats 2016-17 -- We're Going to Have a Hockey Season Here!!

                        Originally posted by UNH1932 View Post
                        You are correct on the lack of 2 on 1 shown on the goals but it also showed how little help he had. I do not know what you want from a goalie as very few would have stopped any of the goals that MSU had that weekend as I do not believe it was on Tirone. I apologize on the intellectual dishonesty comment but there were two MSU near the net and only the goalie or out of position defensemen. We can agree to disagree.

                        I want to say farewell to all as I am done with the UNH thread and hope you are all at the games and please stop by to say hello. I still do not believe the losses to MSU were on Danny Tirone and it would be hard to find anyone involved with the hockey program stating those losses were his fault or that he is not a better goalie. I agree they are both very good goalies but I defer to the experts at hockey to determine who they play and if they are playing more they have higher confidence in that goalie.

                        Good luck to all and thanks for the years of providing me with your inputs and I hope we turn the corner soon as I am tired of being a second tier team but will not assign blame on any players. Dan , I believe you are a good guy and care about our team as much as anyone. I wish our program could do the things you ask of them, but we are not the first choice of most players and we never have been. Please keep the faith as soon enough, we will be back at the top.
                        Bye
                        I went home with a waitress the way I always do
                        How was I to know she was with the russians, too?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                          Exactly. We even have many fans of other teams visiting here because they find our threads so intriguing, especially when compared to their own boring threads. I will not name names, but we know who they are.
                          I'm here for the shots on goal debate, and all I got is which of our goalies should start on Friday and who on Saturday because they're both mediocre but some of you think one is less so.

                          Where's the shots on goal!!!!
                          BS UMass Lowell 2015
                          PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                            I'm here for the shots on goal debate, and all I got is which of our goalies should start on Friday and who on Saturday because they're both mediocre but some of you think one is less so.

                            Where's the shots on goal!!!!
                            You need to read our thread more carefully Puck Hawk, as we have several references to SOG already in this young season; definitely a topic that will never go away. :-)

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                              I'm here for the shots on goal debate, and all I got is which of our goalies should start on Friday and who on Saturday because they're both mediocre but some of you think one is less so.

                              Where's the shots on goal!!!!
                              It's an important debate. Almost as important as last night's dust up in the desert.

                              I'm just here to help though!
                              GO BLUE/GO UNH

                              COLLEGE HOCKEY RULES

                              Comment


                              • Re: UNH Wildcats 2016-17 -- We're Going to Have a Hockey Season Here!!

                                Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                                I'm here for the shots on goal debate, and all I got is which of our goalies should start on Friday and who on Saturday because they're both mediocre but some of you think one is less so.

                                Where's the shots on goal!!!!
                                No one's discussing it anymore because they've all realized I've been correct all along.
                                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                                Montreal Expos Forever ...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X